PDA

View Full Version : U.S. orders 4-6 day pause in advance on Iraq!

themole
03-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Stating a need to allow supplies and troop reinforcement for the reason.

While this is wise and necessary. I sense a little scullduggery here on our behalf!

What do you guys think? Are we going to draw them out of the dunes with this tactic?:evil:

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by themole

While this is wise and necessary. I sense a little scullduggery here on our behalf!

What do you guys think? Are we going to draw them out of the dunes with this tactic?:evil:

that may be it mole... or perhaps to let the Air force shellack them for a few days...

themole
03-29-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
that may be it mole... or perhaps to let the Air force shellack them for a few days...

Ohh...I definately agree with that too Wharf. But you know an army at rest will be very hard to resist attacking. We need them away from Bhagdad so we can bust em up pretty good. You know the dance.:lol:

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 03:45 AM
Ohh...I definately agree with that too Wharf. But you know an army at rest will be very hard to resist attacking. We need them away from Bhagdad so we can bust em up pretty good. You know the dance.:lol:

;) I hear ya mole...... odd how they made it so public too..... Gen Franks is a crafty S.O.B. ... I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the HQ in Qatar ... :evil:

The Spaz
03-29-2003, 11:40 AM
CNN has been told that it is a rumor and total BS! They had a captain for one of the tank battle groups and said they are proceeding.

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
CNN has been told that it is a rumor and total BS! They had a captain for one of the tank battle groups and said they are proceeding.

Really?

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS and Reuters, quoting U.S. military officials in central Iraq, reported Saturday morning that commanders ordered the “operational pause” in the ground advance Friday so the military could sort out logistics problems with supply lines that stretched in some cases 200 miles from Kuwait.

MSNBC Story dated 3/29 (http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp)

So what you're saying is that a Capt of an armored regiment has a better overall assesment than the brass?

Interesting....

The Spaz
03-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Well that's what a captain said of the situation when asked live by a CNN reporter so that's why I said that. Besides that's written by the Assciated Press that's always a good source (not).

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Well that's what a captain said of the situation when asked live by a CNN reporter so that's why I said that. Besides that's written by the Assciated Press that's always a good source (not).

So.. anyone but CNN is lying?
The Associated Press not a good news source? What about Reuters?
Then why is CBS, Fox, and MSNBC all saying the same thing..

If you are taking "pause in the action" to mean that everything is coming to a complete stop... then you are getting the wrong impression... slowing up and standing firm while your supply lines catch up is not uncommon in the "blitzkrieg" style attack... if they stayed on the same pace, they'd outrun the supply lines and run out of gas, ammo, and water...
Of course they're not stopping to take a "time out"... but they do need to organize the field..

From Fox:

Some units of the invasion force went into an "operational pause" to consolidate positions, resupply forward troops and prepare for an full-scale attack on Iraqi forces outside Baghdad.

and yes.. a Capt is such a high ranking officer, I'm sure he's got all the inside scoop on what the Generals have in mind.. :rolleyes:

Besides... I think this may be the quote you were refferring to when you said it was "total B-S"

"It is purely a case of shaping the battlefield, getting our troops equipped and in the right place for the next part of the campaign," said Group Capt. Al Lockwood, a spokesman for coalition forces.

The Spaz
03-29-2003, 11:35 PM
Do you even know WTF a captain is? Probably not I was in the Navy for quite a while so why don't you shut your pie-hole and go join the militarty so you can see what it'a all about and learn the rankings of military personel.

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Do you even know WTF a captain is? Probably not I was in the Navy for quite a while so why don't you shut your pie-hole and go join the militarty so you can see what it'a all about and learn the rankings of military personel.

ummm yes boat boy... US Army 4th Inf Div (mechanized) 1984-1992... see the patch in my signature?

Think before you speak sonny boy.. the Captain in the quote was an ARMY Captain... last time I looked the Navy didn't have tank brigades..and a Captain in the Army is NOT an high ranking officer.... it goes like this:

2nd Lt
1st Lt
Capt
Major
Lt Colonel
Colonel
Brigadier General
Major General
Lt General
General
General of the Army

a Captain is basically a company commander in the army...hardly upper echelon... :rolleyes:
whereas in the Navy... a Capt would be of similar rank to an Army Colonel.. There is a difference between the branches...or did you know that in your extensive service time?

Learn the rankings of military personel ...before you make an a$$ of yourself ....Again......

Oh...and shut your pie-hole...it seems to get you into trouble.....

The Spaz
03-30-2003, 12:50 AM
I don't need to learn the rankings of a ground pounder. I would take you down and slam you on the deck in a split second. I was MAA I put sh*t talkers like you away and I would even give the person a choice to fight me to prove they were innocent or not, needless to say they rather decided to take the punishment. I served on the USS Detroit (AOE-4), Little Creek Naval Base VA, I was also on the USS Bridge for a while too. The reason I left well let's just say that I'm collecting!

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 01:11 AM
I don't need to learn the rankings of a ground pounder.

Translation .. I stuck my foot in my mouth, and now I'm trying to pretend I don't care.

I would take you down and slam you on the deck in a split second. I was MAA I put sh*t talkers like you away and I would even give the person a choice to fight me to prove they were innocent or not, needless to say they rather decided to take the punishment. I served on the USS Detroit (AOE-4), Little Creek Naval Base VA, I was also on the USS Bridge for a while too. The reason I left well let's just say that I'm collecting!

Translation .. Now I'm going to flex my "cyber-muscles" and try to make everyone think I'm a big tough guy, in a pathetic attempt to cover up the fact that I made a horse's a$$ out of myself.

The Spaz
03-30-2003, 01:31 AM
I am sorry for all of this jibberish!:) My freaking brother comes on my computer sometimes and talks crap and I have to go back and starighten things out. I am going to duct tape his ass to my foot. Any way I apologize for my 10 yr. old brother ripping on anyone in here. Don't worry he'll get his....lol:) Go USA!

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 01:35 AM
I am sorry for all of this jibberish!:) My freaking brother comes on my computer sometimes and talks crap and I have to go back and starighten things out. I am going to duct tape his ass to my foot. Any way I apologize for my 10 yr. old brother ripping on anyone in here. Don't worry he'll get his....lol:) Go USA!

Sounds like it did come out of a 10 year olds mouth...

It's all good.... Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines... we're all on the same side, and need each other to be effective...

:patriot:

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Besides... the only one he "ripped on" was you... he sure did make you look bad..... :hitself:

The Spaz
03-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Yes I really was in the NAVY. As far as my brothers apparent tantrum on here I have no clue. Yes we need all military personel to be effective. We are all vital in war time operations! Go USA!:)

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 01:52 AM
Yes I really was in the NAVY. As far as my brothers apparent tantrum on here I have no clue. Yes we need all military personel to be effective. We are all vital in war time operations! Go USA!:)

Don't worry.... I won't hold the fact you were in the Navy against you :goof:

:jk:

I have no contempt towards the other branches (yes I was really in the Army), never did really... personally I never understood all the inter-branch rivalry, they are, after all, just seperate gears in the much larger machine....

Now the fact that you are a Bills fan... that's different ;)

BTW...if you haven't already... you should go back and read through "your" posts.. it's really sorta humorous... I've seen your "battles" in the smack forum, and thought you were better than that.... :lol:

themole
03-30-2003, 10:54 AM
B
. The reason I left well let's just say that I'm collecting! [/B]

hmmm....Don't ask... don't tell! :evil: :D

ohall
03-30-2003, 11:14 AM

I don't think this is a surprise to anyone there. It's just common sense at some point they would have to stop before entering Baghdad. These troops are not the heavy forces they are scout forces.

From what I can see and what I've gleemed from TV this is nothing more than a planned move delayed by the bad 3 days of weather last week.

I think the plan the entire time was to stop outside of Baghdad and then to totally destroy the Republican guard that has surrounded Baghdad before entering Baghdad.

Oliver...

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
I don't think this is a surprise to anyone there. It's just common sense at some point they would have to stop before entering Baghdad. These troops are not the heavy forces they are scout forces.

From what I can see and what I've gleemed from TV this is nothing more than a planned move delayed by the bad 3 days of weather last week.

I think the plan the entire time was to stop outside of Baghdad and then to totally destroy the Republican guard that has surrounded Baghdad before entering Baghdad.

Oliver...

No certainly no surprise at all... as I said they can ill afford to outrun supply lines, that are now stretching over 200 miles... tanks, APC's, and choppers need feul and maintenence... troops need water and food... etc.... actually, I think it's commendable that they managed to get as far as they have so quickly, that's a lot of ground to cover in an inhospitable environment...

and yes, of course they're going to take up positions and regroup allowing the Air Force to soften up the entrenched Republican Guard.... that's just basic warfare procedure...

shelby
03-30-2003, 07:41 PM
DOHA, Qatar (CNN) -- U.S. commanders said Sunday there would be no pauses or cease-fires in the invasion of Iraq and denied reports that Pentagon officials balked at the number of troops needed for the assault.

Coalition troops have moved to within 60 miles of Baghdad on several fronts and a "capable ground force" is in place in northern Iraq, Gen. Tommy Franks said at a briefing Sunday at U.S. Central Command headquarters in Qatar.

full story (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/30/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html)

PhinPhan1227
03-30-2003, 10:36 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! Sounds like little brother is on his way to becoming a prototypical Bills fan!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhinPhan1227
03-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Don't worry.... I won't hold the fact you were in the Navy against you :goof:

:jk:

I have no contempt towards the other branches (yes I was really in the Army), never did really... personally I never understood all the inter-branch rivalry, they are, after all, just seperate gears in the much larger machine....

Now the fact that you are a Bills fan... that's different ;)

BTW...if you haven't already... you should go back and read through "your" posts.. it's really sorta humorous... I've seen your "battles" in the smack forum, and thought you were better than that.... :lol:

Speaking from personal experience, I can say that inter-branch rivalry is just like sibling rivalry...my brother was in the Air Force, and he takes great pleasure in pointing out how the Air Force softened up the Iraqi's back in Gulf War I, and made it easy for the Army. I of course respond by asking him how much territory the Air Force has ever occupied/captured....we go on for days. Hwck, you even see the same thing WITHIN the services. Whenever we had to train with tankers, we would always rib each other back and forth(I was 11H heavy anti-armor). But when push comes to shove, we're all wearing the same flag on our right arms, and I'd be DAMNED happy to see an A10 flying overhead...just don't tell my brother... ;)

themole
03-31-2003, 06:39 PM
Yes I really was in the NAVY.

The only way you can prove that is to let us hear you "fart":evil:

Marino1983
03-31-2003, 06:52 PM
The only way you can prove that is to let us hear you "fart":evil:

:spit: :rofl: LMFAO ... Marino1983

dolfan06
04-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Yes I really was in the NAVY. during world war II, my dad was in the navy, was on the USS Tuscaloosa, a heavy cruiser!;)