PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

fins5423
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I have downloaded some new brushes on my computer but how do i pull it up or use it on Photoshop? I would also like some information on where i can find some new text i can download and how i can pull it up on Photoshop.

I would appreciate it!:dolphins:

MillerTime
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
dafont.com

go to control panel, then the fonts folder, and drag the file from your desktop into the fonts folder

feelthepain
06-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Actually I'm not sure the font folder is where you want to install the brushes. I think what you need to do is save the brushes to your desktop then go to my computer/folders/whatever drive you have your program files...in my case I have two hard drives but my photoshop is on my C: drive so I open the C: drive/ program files/abobe photoshop CS2/presets/brushes and load the brushes there by dragging them from you desk top or you could cut and paste.

Repeat this method with gradients,actions, and patterns each one has it's own folder. However any font should go in the font folder. The next time you open your Photoshop your brushes should be loaded.

MillerTime
06-12-2006, 10:32 PM
i know, i was telling him how to upload fonts to PS, you drag the FONT file into the font folder.

darkmistress
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I think what you need to do is save the brushes to your desktop then go to my computer/folders/whatever drive you have your program files...in my case I have two hard drives but my photoshop is on my C: drive so I open the C: drive/ program files/abobe photoshop CS2/presets/brushes and load the brushes there by dragging them from you desk top or you could cut and paste.

Repeat this method with gradients,actions, and patterns each one has it's own folder. However any font should go in the font folder. The next time you open your Photoshop your brushes should be loaded.
or to save loading time when starting up PS save your brushes to an easily accessible location then load them in manually following the 1,2,3 steps below...
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I accidently had the clone stamp loaded but it works the same way for the pencil, brush and eraser tools

Nappy Roots
06-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I have downloaded some new brushes on my computer but how do i pull it up or use it on Photoshop? I would also like some information on where i can find some new text i can download and how i can pull it up on Photoshop.

I would appreciate it!:dolphins:

where do you download brushes from?

fins5423
06-13-2006, 09:51 AM
alright thanks for the help...Im gonna give it a try

fins5423
06-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Alright i got it on my photoshop now....the only thing is when i use the new brushes for some reason no color will show up over a black background...why is that?

fins5423
06-13-2006, 10:22 AM
where do you download brushes from?

Deviantart.com