06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1J7d2ssc3Y&search=jiffy%20lube%20rips%25

Wow. :shakeno:

Mindwarp
06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I know where im NOT taking my car,

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
sad thing is most drive thru type oil change places are like that.

my buddy use to work for a EZ lube, he said, never wait in the waiting room, practically stand next to your car when they service it. Then when they're done, make them show you all they did. So you know your getting the job you pay for.

UltraDol-Fan
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
wow, that goes way beyond just ripping people off, that seems like corporate policy

Roman529
06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I went to Jiffy Lube last week.....the guy did everything like I wanted...he even took me downstairs to look under my SUV to point out some leaking seals, showed me the transmission fluid which needed to be changed, and things that may eventually need to be fixed....I am not a car expert but this guy was upfront and honest.

Buddwalk
06-13-2006, 02:54 PM
wow crazy...:nono:

good thing we go to pep boys since my uncle works there

ponchovilla
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
sad thing is most drive thru type oil change places are like that.

my buddy use to work for a EZ lube, he said, never wait in the waiting room, practically stand next to your car when they service it. Then when they're done, make them show you all they did. So you know your getting the job you pay for.

Bingo. Stand there and watch them. If they refuse, then take your car to another place.

PassRush
06-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I always stand right there when they do it. That or I just change my own oil.

The Rev
06-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Wow, I'm glad I don't go there anymore.

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I know I replied in the thread but I have to admitt I didn't watch the video because youtube is blocked here at work. I just asumed it was a rip off job...

so now I'm curious, what actually happens in the video?

byroan
06-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Some local news station did a report on them and had hidden cameras in their vehicles to see what the mechanics actually did. They also marked their fuel filter with a number and the guy was suppose to change it and they got charged for it but when they took it back they saw the number was still on the filter so it wasn't changed. Near the end, the district manager also lies and says he's just a customer and points out someone elses car as being his.

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Some local news station did a report on them and had hidden cameras in their vehicles to see what the mechanics actually did. They also marked their fuel filter with a number and the guy was suppose to change it and they got charged for it but when they took it back they saw the number was still on the filter so it wasn't changed. Near the end, the district manager also lies and says he's just a customer and points out someone elses car as being his.

thanx.

as mentioned above, a friend of mine use to work at an ez lube, and a customer actually did just that, me marked his fuel filter and it didn't get changed, thus they got caught...

My friend said the company makes the money of the other things they sell you and not the oil change itself, he said the company pretty much breaks even on a standard oil change.

playmaker1
06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate Jiffy Lube. I took my ride there half a year ago, and the Loser there started cleaning my windows with a sqeegy, and ripped part of my dolphin sticker on my back windshield. I was so mad. Never again will I go there

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I hate Jiffy Lube. I took my ride there half a year ago, and the Loser there started cleaning my windows with a sqeegy, and ripped part of my dolphin sticker on my back windshield. I was so mad. Never again will I go there

dude that would have called for a

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/thchapelle5fingerslapreized-1.gif

playmaker1
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
dude that would have called for a

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/chevyshae/thchapelle-5fingerslap-reized.gif

:yes: :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
06-13-2006, 04:36 PM
the only time I take my cars to one of those places is to get the state inspection sticker. I change my own oil just so I know what's going in it

Dolfan984
06-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Wow that's terrible, you think a corporation needs that money more than a hardworking american. That kind of crap really irks me.

I change my oil and lube my car myself, never have to deal with mechanics :)

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Wow that's terrible, you think a corporation needs that money more than a hardworking american. That kind of crap really irks me.

I change my oil and lube my car myself, never have to deal with mechanics :)

how much do you charge? I'll drive up to the Bay area for an honest mechanic.

Dolfan984
06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
how much do you charge? I'll drive up to the Bay area for an honest mechanic.

:lol: my step dad is a car nut (I have a 68 GTO, younger step bro a 78 Z28 Camaro, my older STEP bro a 74 Stepside, and him a 75 Corvette Sting Ray) who was a mechanic for over 10 years and has now worked for GM for about 20+ years

I just do it myself because he makes me :P I'm not really a mechanic, just have some car building/maintaining experience. If you ever have any questions though feel free to shoot them to me and I'll do my best, he usually has the answer to anything I need to know car related.

I'm a networking major ;)

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I just do it myself because he makes me :P I'm not really a mechanic, just have some car building/maintaining experience. If you ever have any questions though feel free to shoot them to me and I'll do my best, he usually has the answer to anything I need to know car related.

I'm a networking major ;)

you drive a hard bargin my friend. ok, $1,000 an oil change! not a dollar more.

Dolfan984
06-13-2006, 05:16 PM
you drive a hard bargin my friend. ok, $1,000 an oil change! not a dollar more.

hmm I was really hopin for $1,002 man :(

edit: plus tax

Spray Mucus
06-13-2006, 05:19 PM
hmm I was really hopin for $1,002 man :(

edit: plus tax

is that Bay area tax of Orange County tax?

Dolfan984
06-13-2006, 05:44 PM
is that Bay area tax of Orange County tax?

Depends which one gives me more money...

FinFan72
06-13-2006, 07:00 PM
WOW!!!........luckily i have never went there and never will

thats crazy ...someone would get there *** whopped if they scammed me