PDA

View Full Version : Larry the Cable guy without the Southern accent

ABrownLamp
06-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Witness the birth of a horrible horrible hack comedian. He's not not funny. He doesnt have a southern accent. Hes just some yutz with poorly written material.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1694862/

dominizzo
06-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Lamo

Martel
06-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Yeah I would hear around Hollywood that this was a put-on schtick this guy made up. It's actually pretty obvious.

But I mean Carrot Top still has a career so........

playmaker1
06-14-2006, 12:46 AM
:lol: funny

GreenMachine
06-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah I would hear around Hollywood that this was a put-on schtick this guy made up. It's actually pretty obvious.

But I mean Carrot Top still has a career so........
And they are both from Orlando....:sidelol:

DolphinDevil28
06-14-2006, 01:30 AM
That's not Larry, huh? ...Wow, I think it is.

It kind of looks like a younger him...

But Larry, now, is WAAAAY funnier. If that is him, he came a long way.

I mean, I guess you have to be from the South to enjoy Larry's comedy like I do.

I must be a redneck :shakeno:

Oh well. I'm proud of it.

Damn liberal yankees. :moon: Y'all wouldn't know fun if it hit you in the mouth

Rocky Raccoon
06-14-2006, 01:43 AM

I mean, I guess you have to be from the South to enjoy Larry's comedy like I do.

Damn liberal yankees. :moon: Y'all wouldn't know fun if it hit you.

it has nothing to do with the South to me...I just think him and the rest of his comedy team are completely boring and unfunny.

GreenMachine
06-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Damn liberal yankees. :moon: Y'all wouldn't know fun if it hit you

Please tell me what Conservitive Southern humor is... A lynching? Stick it to the Middle class? I got pulled over in my tractor with an open can of Natural Ice?

DolphinDevil28
06-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Please tell me what Conservitive Southern humor is... A lynching? Stick it to the Middle class? I got pulled over in my tractor with an open can of Natural Ice?

Lord.

It's an axiom. A fun jab at the north. Hell, y'all all have your jokes about us.

...a "lynching." :shakeno:

Coral Reefer
06-14-2006, 02:03 AM

Wow, real class there... :rolleyes2

ABrownLamp
06-14-2006, 02:12 AM

Did someone say it wasnt?

DolphinDevil28
06-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Did someone say it wasnt?

No I was just kind of shocked at the beginning to realize that's actually him. I mean, that doesn't even look like him now.

In that clip, he was about 18 blocks away from funny. But now, he makes me laugh. Like I said, it must be a southern thing because we can relate.

You guys in the north have no clue what he's talking about half the time.

EDIT: I actually think Ron White is the funniest one out of the group anyway.

bg34
06-14-2006, 06:05 AM
I think Larry the Cable Guy is pretty funny, but I also agree that Ron White is the best. Actually Rodney Carrington is hysterical, he has them both beat, IMO

Pagan
06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Hes just some yutz with poorly written material.
...who's making more money than we'll ever see while we're posting on an internet message board about him. :wink:

t2thejz
06-14-2006, 08:10 AM
No I was just kind of shocked at the beginning to realize that's actually him. I mean, that doesn't even look like him now.

In that clip, he was about 18 blocks away from funny. But now, he makes me laugh. Like I said, it must be a southern thing because we can relate.

You're wrong...there are plenty of rednecks around here who can relate and appreciate his comedy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-14-2006, 08:48 AM
none of them are funny. nor is carlos mencia, who is just as fake as the cable guy.

Pagan
06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
none of them are funny. nor is carlos mencia, who is just as fake as the cable guy.
Wankers huh? :lol:

ABrownLamp
06-14-2006, 10:57 AM
...who's making more money than we'll ever see while we're posting on an internet message board about him. :wink:

He may be rich on the outside Pagan. But who is rich on the inside? who is rich...on the inside?

edit: not me I'm poor in both places.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
yes comedy died when bill hicks died.

Pagan
06-14-2006, 11:11 AM
He may be rich on the outside Pagan. But who is rich on the inside? who is rich...on the inside?

edit: not me I'm poor in both places.
Ah...something tells me he sleeps pretty well at night. :lol:

Pagan
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
yes comedy died when bill hicks died.
Ah geez, here we go again. :lol:

I see you taste in comedians matches your taste in music. :wink:

Yea, that George Carlin, he blows.

So do Richard Jeni, John Pinette, Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neil, Bobby Slayton....etc. etc. etc.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-14-2006, 11:15 AM
aside from bill burr (who's not good) and patrice o'neil, the rest of those guys were around before bill hicks, who died in '94. really you only back-up my statement by saying that. :lol:

although patton oswalt and sarah silverman are friggin awesome. but they've admitted as such to being huge bill hicks fans and echo a lot of his material.

Pagan
06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
aside from bill burr (who's not good) and patrice o'neil, the rest of those guys were around before bill hicks, who died in '94. really you only back-up my statement by saying that. :lol:
I see I have to teach you basic reading comprehension, huh? :lol:

You said: "yes comedy died when bill hicks died."

All those comedians I mentioned have released material after Hick's death. Therefore, according to your statement, that comedy was no good.

If you want your statement to make sense, then you should say "no good comedians came out since Bill Hick's death."

You make this too easy, my dear. :lol:

As for Bill Burr being "not good", we've already established that "good" and "not good" - at least in your world - hinges on whether you like them or not.

Now in the real world....:lol:

although patton oswalt and sarah silverman are friggin awesome. but they've admitted as such to being huge bill hicks fans and echo a lot of his material.
So then they're the comedy equivalent of clone grunge bands? :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-14-2006, 11:57 AM
no need to argue semantics here, it's ridiculous how you misread what i said. and i think bill burr is bad beacues he's not funny, which is one of the more important traits in comedians.

the difference between hicks and grunge is hicks was really awesome and grunge was never good.

Pagan
06-14-2006, 12:07 PM
no need to argue semantics here, it's ridiculous how you misread what i said. and i think bill burr is bad beacues he's not funny, which is one of the more important traits in comedians.

the difference between hicks and grunge is hicks was really awesome and grunge was never good.
No, we won't go into semantics, and no I didn't misread you.

And it's also ridiculous that whatever you don't like isn't good/funny/talented/etc. etc.

We must all learn to consult with you first I guess before we like anything. After all, we wouldn't want to like things that "suck" now, would we? :lol:

Spray Mucus
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Like many things, comedy and music are a personal thing.

One type of genre is not better than the other.

I personally think all the [quote]Redneck comedians[un quote] are terrible. I haven't even cracked a smile while listening to them.

That doesn't mean there not funny, just not funny to me.

Pagan
06-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Exactly. You get it.

Mike13
06-14-2006, 12:22 PM
I never thought he was that funny to begin with.

SKing29
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM

Damn liberal yankees. :moon: Y'all wouldn't know fun if it hit you in the mouth

Oh, I totally disagree about the Blue Collar Comedy team's comedy being a southern thing and that you have to be a southerner to enjoy it. I shudder to think about how people could think Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, and Ron White are funny. I know everyone's sense of what's funny is different but these guys blatantly make fun of how southerners are supposed to be stupid poor hicks. They're not funny at all and everyone's obsession with Git R Done annoys me to no end, I mean its the stupidest thing I ever heard, people wear (at least where I live) the slogan on hats, their shirts, and even have decals put on their vehicles (usually pick-up trucks). I know that this is just a message board and this is not really a serious hardcore discussion but still I feel the need to say I am a southerner (Tennessee) who finds the Blue Collar guys to be the worst comedians this side of Tom Arnold.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-14-2006, 12:49 PM
seems pretty obvious that when i say someone isn't funny i'm saying he isn't funny TO ME.

Spray Mucus
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
seems pretty obvious that when i say someone isn't funny i'm saying he isn't funny TO ME.

my reply wasn't directed towards anybody. I was speaking generally.

ohall
06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
it has nothing to do with the South to me...I just think him and the rest of his comedy team are completely boring and unfunny.

Umm if you are not from the south don't you think there are some things you may not be picking up on that may be funny to some ppl that are in fact from the south?

I think he can be funny, I also think he can awful at times. However I have not listened to him and that comedy a lot.

And I'm shocked an entertainer that is a fake!

TJamesW_phinfan
06-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Ah geez, here we go again. :lol:

I see you taste in comedians matches your taste in music. :wink:

Yea, that George Carlin, he blows.

So do Richard Jeni, John Pinette, Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neil, Bobby Slayton....etc. etc. etc.
I have seen a couple of Jeni's shows. He is freaking hilarious to me. One of which was just a couple of years ago. I don't recognize the other names. I'll have to check them out.

For the southern gang I think some of but not all of their stuff is pretty funny. I am from the south though so maybe I have the requisite brain damage to enjoy them. :)

I don't seem to be able to view this video though. The page loads and says done but no video. :(

Dolfan984
06-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Bill Engval is horrible, Jeff Foxworthy was funny 10 years ago, and Larry the Cable Guy has his moments, but it's all just a fake act anyway =/

Ron White rocks though :)

Pagan
06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I have seen a couple of Jeni's shows. He is freaking hilarious to me. One of which was just a couple of years ago. I don't recognize the other names. I'll have to check them out.
Bro, John Pinette will make you pee your pants. get his album "Show Me The Buffet".

John Pinette. (http://www.johnpinette.com)

TJamesW_phinfan
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Bro, John Pinette will make you pee your pants. get his album "Show Me The Buffet".

John Pinette. (http://www.johnpinette.com)

Ok I have heard him before just didn't remember his name. Some of the links were broken on his site but I got the chinese buffet one to work. Funny stuff. Thanks for linking that.

You go nooooow! :lol:

Pagan
06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Ok I have heard him before just didn't remember his name. Some of the links were broken on his site but I got the chinese buffet one to work. Funny stuff. Thanks for linking that.

You go nooooow! :lol:
You have to get the CD man...trust me, hilarious from start to finish. I saw him at a local comedy club two years ago and had the front table. I thought I was going to choke. :lol:

Hellion
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM

Duhhrrrr:goof: us nothern guys don'ts gets dat kinder funnier stuff duherrr.

Give me a break DD :sidelol:

On his last DVD when he's backstage he's talking without an accent, it's all an act, comedians find a niche that works for them and stick with it. Pretending to be a redneck works for Larry.

And yes I think Ron White is a better comedian.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-15-2006, 02:49 PM
ron white would be funny if he didn't use the exact same act with the exact same jokes with the exact same setup to those jokes for 10 years.

Hellion
06-15-2006, 02:53 PM
So whats that tell ya about Larry the cable guy? They ALL use the same material for a while. it like a rock band, you see them in New York or Detroit it's about the same show give or take a song and the delivery might be slightly different but it's the same thing until they can write (or live) new material.

Dolfan984
06-15-2006, 03:39 PM
ron white would be funny if he didn't use the exact same act with the exact same jokes with the exact same setup to those jokes for 10 years.

That's 100% true. Between like 4 shows of his he uses about 1 1/2 shows of material.

HysterikiLL
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Is he even from the South?

Spray Mucus
06-15-2006, 04:44 PM

exactly

Alex44
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I hate Larry....he isnt funny he is just flat out stupid....killing kids brain cells :nono:

FinsNCanes
06-15-2006, 05:02 PM
If Larry the Cable Guy is from Orlando that makes me more southern than him and I hate their comedy. It's nothing but very very very obvious one liners that I could write. To be a good comedian you have to say things that relate to everyone..not just rednecks. Now..Kings of Comedy..that's funny.

Pagan
06-15-2006, 05:20 PM
If Larry the Cable Guy is from Orlando that makes me more southern than him and I hate their comedy. It's nothing but very very very obvious one liners that I could write. To be a good comedian you have to say things that relate to everyone..not just rednecks. Now..Kings of Comedy..that's funny.
Now there's something everyone can relate to....cause after all, I look at you Fins and think "Now that's a dead ringer for Cedric the Entertainer! :lol: