PDA

View Full Version : BOO-YEA! Give a shout out to my Cubs!!!

LeftCoastPhin
03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Ladies and gentlemen.....it's the Corey Patterson show! After being maligned last year by former manager Don Baylor, Patterson starts off the year by going 3-4 with 5 RBIs and a 3 run bomb! It was right in front of Baylor, who is now the Mets bench coach. And, it was off a lefty too! How sweet, as Baylor always took out Patterson for lefties.

It's now 10-2 in the 6th inning! Happy opening day Shea Stadium!!

:lol:

inFINSible
03-31-2003, 04:49 PM
GO CUBS!!!

( Red Sox fan here.....if the Cubs can do it this year so can the Red Sox!)

LeftCoastPhin
03-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Corey just jacked another one!! 2 run shot! Amazing! The rout is on.....15-2

Damn, I think it took the Cubs two weeks to score their first 15 runs last year. Not kidding!

t2thejz
03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
impressive

Peebs
03-31-2003, 11:52 PM
EXCUSE ME!! From someone who WAS AT SHEA STADIUM let me tell you....
The Mets, the fans....everything was FROZEN. It was 29 degrees with a wind chill of about 12. It was the freaking coldest Baseball game I ever attended!!!!! We just wanted it to end we were so freaking cold! AND I was there from 9:30 AM tailgating! I think i might have lost a few toes! :tongue:

Just wait...we'll be lovin Tom Glavine come May....
And where will the Cubbies be? Last place like always! :lol:

Sabre Ally
04-01-2003, 01:33 AM
cold???? not a good excuse :lol:

Cubs Win! Cubs Win! :drinker:

LeftCoastPhin
04-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
EXCUSE ME!! From someone who WAS AT SHEA STADIUM let me tell you....
The Mets, the fans....everything was FROZEN. It was 29 degrees with a wind chill of about 12. It was the freaking coldest Baseball game I ever attended!!!!! We just wanted it to end we were so freaking cold! AND I was there from 9:30 AM tailgating! I think i might have lost a few toes! :tongue:

Just wait...we'll be lovin Tom Glavine come May....
And where will the Cubbies be? Last place like always! :lol:

It was COLD? :lol: Well, boo-f-ing-hoo! Isn't it normally cold in April in New York? Their outfield defense couldn't field against the Women's Prison Softball team if it was 90 degrees out! Man, you could have Cy Young out there and it wont matter with that defense!

As for my beloved Cubbies, that was the real deal baby! Last place they wont be this year, to much young talent.

Peebs
04-01-2003, 02:10 PM
No, it's not normally 12 FREAKING degrees in March/April in NYC...with snow (yes it snowed last night). I've been to about a million OD's at shea and yesterday was the coldest. The hotest was in 91 when it was 90 degrees...

And dude...one game does not a season make....come talk to me in August when those hap hazard cubbies will be LOSING like normal....btw...when was the last time the cubs won a WS? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LeftCoastPhin
04-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Why you gotta bring up old sh!t? We'll see who has the better team this year.

Peebs
04-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Yeeeaaaaah skippy we will.....:lol:

LeftCoastPhin
04-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh yea, it's not like 1986 was yesterday. :lol: Hey, any idea who foots the bill for the Mets' buffet line? Man, that's gotta be worse than paying Glavine's salary. :lol:

Vaughn, Floyd, Burnitz.....oh my!

inFINSible
04-01-2003, 05:19 PM
Did you just F**king say "1986"?????

I will kill you with my bare hands when I see you next time!!

;)

Peebs
04-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Our last WS appearence was 2000...
When was the cubs? :lol: Huh?

Oh and inFINSible.....coughcoughMookieWilsoncoughcough :tongue:

LeftCoastPhin
04-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Appearances? Losers always whine about appearances, winners go home and do the prom queen. :lol:

Granted, the Cubs have no history, other than being complete losers. I accept that, and I couldn't care less. The Mets though? It's not like they are the mecca of the national league or anything. Hell, they are not even the best team in their own city! At least the Cubs can say that they are at least close to the Sox. :lol: I know that proves nothing, but hey I'm not exactly out to prove anything other than I'm bored at work and enjoy running my mouth! :lol:

Bob Stanley, Rich Gedman, Bill Buckner, and most of all Calvin "cough, cough, choke" Schrialdi will go down in the Red Sox Hall of Shame for that inexcusable performance.

I feel for Buckner, at least he was like old and stuff, but those pitchers really blew it.

inFINSible
04-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Our last WS appearence was 2000...
When was the cubs? :lol: Huh?

Oh and inFINSible.....coughcoughMookieWilsoncoughcough :tongue:

I didn't NOT like you.... 'til now....;) :lol:

LeftCoastPhin
04-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Getting beat in the World Series by a guy named Mookie, does it get any worse?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Peebs
04-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Don't make fun of William Heywood Wilson aka Mookie! :chair: He is one of the MOST beloved Mets of all time....and not because of the 86 world series-he's one of the NICEST men you would ever wanna meet! He was homegrown, held the Mets all time single season base stealing record until it was broken on 99 by Roger Cedeno.

It's not like they are the mecca of the national league or anything.
Yea, we're in the toughest division against the Braves.

Hell, they are not even the best team in their own city!
You mean that other team that was beaten by an expansion team in 2001 and knocked out of the playoffs by the wildcard team 2002?

Sabre Ally
04-02-2003, 04:06 AM
Hey, at least we can all agree to hate the Yankmees in this thread, right? :D

Peebs
04-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Hey, at least we can all agree to hate the Yankmees in this thread, right? :D

Abso-freakin-lutely

:monkey: Skankees suck!

LeftCoastPhin
04-02-2003, 01:00 PM
The N.L LEAST is the weakest divison hun, not the best.

N.L West: Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Giants: Three 90 win teams and the Rockies are much improved.

N.L. Central: Cardinals, Cubs, Astros, and Reds: Two 90 win teams and the Cubs and Reds are much improved.

N.L. East: Braves, who IMO have won the division by default the last few years because of poor competition. This year their rotation is totally different, but they should still be good for 90 wins in that crappy division. The Phillies are good and that's about it.

Mets: suck, no defense.....fat out of shape sluggers who will probably challenge the Brewers for most strike outs.

San Juan Expos: nuff said

The Marlins are decent with young pitching but might be a year or two away.

Peebs
04-02-2003, 01:13 PM
N.L. East: Braves, who IMO have won the division by default the last few years because of poor competition. This year their rotation is totally different, but they should still be good for 90 wins in that crappy division. The Phillies are good and that's about it.

Yea break it down...
Braves...division champs and or NL champs HOW MANY times in the last ummmm 7 or 8 years? Yea ok...
Mets...wild card champs in 99, NL champs in 2000
Marlins WS champs in 97 (? It was 97 right) but stupid owner who sold off the team.
Phillies ALWAYS A HARD TEAM to play, much improved this season. how can you NOT love watching Larry Bowa even when the team wins!
Expos-good young team under good managing of Robinson.

N.L. Central: Cardinals, Cubs, Astros, and Reds: Two 90 win teams and the Cubs and Reds are much improved.

Cardinals-losers...lost last year in playoff, lost in 2000 to Mets...
Cubs- :lol: :lol: :lol:
Astros-losers lost first round of playoffs 99, 00 The B's are AGING quickly....
Reds-How's Jr?? :lol: Lost one game playoff to Mets in 99 losers after that...
so inconclusion....Central....LOSERS...

LeftCoastPhin
04-02-2003, 01:17 PM
What about the West? N.L champ Giants last year, WS champs D-backs in 2001. Sure, I brought up the past when I said the last few years with the Braves but how can anyone argue that THIS SEASON the East is LEAST? This season......

Peebs
04-02-2003, 02:59 PM
I wasn't dissecting the West...
We were talking East and Central....

But if you wanna get technical ;) In 2000 the Mets beat both the Giants and the Cardinals for the NL Champs Hmmmmmmmmm

The D'backs have my respect because they beat the crap out of the skankees! :D but what did they do after that? Nadda...

LeftCoastPhin
04-02-2003, 03:08 PM
I wasn't dissecting the West...
We were talking East and Central....

But if you wanna get technical ;) In 2000 the Mets beat both the Giants and the Cardinals for the NL Champs Hmmmmmmmmm

The D'backs have my respect because they beat the crap out of the skankees! :D but what did they do after that? Nadda...

Say it with me......one more time....THIS SEASON!

BTW, are you attending today's massacre at Shea? :evil:

So you still want that drink in the desert, right? ;)

Peebs
04-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Well well well....then we certainly can not use the Phins past post seasons in an arguement with Jets fans can we??? ;)

No I will not be heading to Shea tonight....night time games in April are NOT fun. Too cold! My next game is April 19th. I think against the Marlins.
Actually the cubs get a break tonight, Piazza's 4 game suspension begins today :( But Leiter has only allowed 5 runs in like 20 innings pitched at Shea towards the end of the season, plus he likes the cold....

LeftCoastPhin
04-02-2003, 03:45 PM
I better get out my broom. :lol:

DrAstroZoom
04-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Hey, LeftCoast ... just found this thread. Don't you wish we could bank some of the 12 runs we didn't need Monday. Oh well ... dem Cubbies are looking good.

And as much as I hate to say it, I've really missed Steve Stone in the booth. This has the makings of an exciting year.

LeftCoastPhin
04-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Why do you hate to say it? IMO Stoney is the best color man of all time! Joe Carter was brutal, it's great to have Stone back.

Of all the offensive fireworks, I was most impress and pleased with the 12 walks they took, especially from Sosa, Alou, and Choi. Then C-Pat made them PAY!

DrAstroZoom
04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Stoney used to annoy me with what I perceived as a condescending attitude and his frequent "that's a lesson for all you youngsters" moments. But I think a lot of that was because I was younger and foolisher. :)

Joe Carter sucked, and Dave Otto blew.

iceblizzard69
04-02-2003, 05:42 PM

Marlins WS champs in 97 (? It was 97 right) but stupid owner who sold off the team.

You know that owner is the same guy who owns the Dolphins, right?