PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Soccer Cleats

PhinsPhan
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I went looking today and saw some around. I am just wondering if anyone has any shoes that they would highly recommend. Something in the mid price range.

I was looking at a few of the following but am definatly looking for any suggestions:
Adidas Copas
Puma Kings
Admiral Golds
Joma Toledo 44s

dolphinfan2k5
06-15-2006, 11:26 PM
I have the predators, and I really liked them.

HysterikiLL
06-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Nike make the best everything!

TotoreMexico
06-15-2006, 11:59 PM
I went looking today and saw some around. I am just wondering if anyone has any shoes that they would highly recommend. Something in the mid price range.

I was looking at a few of the following but am definatly looking for any suggestions:
Adidas Copas
Puma Kings
Admiral Golds
Joma Toledo 44s

What position do you play?

saves
06-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Nike make the best everything!

adidas owns soccer

PhinsPhan
06-18-2006, 06:30 PM
What position do you play?

Defender, mostly inside.

TotoreMexico
06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Defender, mostly inside.

Ohh cool, man I tell ya, I play forward and I've used like the most crappy shoes that you can ever imagine and my performance doesn't change, it doesn't matter if you are using Adidas, Nike, Puma whatever, but if you want to buy brand shoes I recommend you Adidas.

PhinsPhan
06-18-2006, 08:05 PM
my biggest problem is I have quite a thin foot. The current cleats I am wearing now are just too wide and I have been having constant ankle and knee problems/sprains. I am really starting to think it is my shoes and have been looking for something with more support. I don't really care about brand, just quality of shoe and if they are made with leather or kangaroo leather.

The Confessor
01-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Might consider screw-ins versus not (Do they still let you wear screw-ins?
I used to wear Adidas-Torrent. Awesome shoes. End of the match and I almost hated taking them off.
I also had a pair of Puma-Riders. They lasted about 6 seasons of very steady play-which is pretty good.

phinpunk14
01-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Copas were the most comfortable cleats I ever had... You can't beat the classics.

Prime Time
01-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Adidas are the best cleets to buy. I just bought me some (loud) Royal Blue Beckhams for the mid range price. They are really shiny and never seem to get dirty (and I've played with them in a handful of games already). Very comfortable. Couches for your feet.

Philter25
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Holy superbump batman. Im guessing he bought cleats.

For the past 20 years of my soccer playing career I have tried many different cleats and always came back to the same one.... Copa Mundials.

banzaitrey
01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Ive got Vapor 2's and I really like them...I am probably going to go with the F50's after the season is over...We've got two big division games this week and were on a 7 game winning streak...

MARINO1384
01-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I have the Diadora's Totti 10 RTX 12, great touch and comfort but maybe not the shoe for you cuz they have a very wide heel because they sort of like stretch because of the thin materal, they are made of Kangaroo leather and are about $120. I also have the Diadora Maximus LU RTX 14, which i like (good touch,side lacing) decent cleat....If it's Kangaroo leather you want you won't find anything for under like $110 though....