PDA

View Full Version : Migraines Linked to Higher Sex Drives

BAMAPHIN 22
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
For some individuals prone to migraine , this susceptibility may not necessarily interfere with their sex life and may in fact improve their libido, according to research published in the journal Headache.

"The goal of this research was to understand migraine better," lead author Dr. Timothy T. Houle told Reuters Health. "By better understanding how the brain is altered with this syndrome, we can develop better drugs in the future."

"Migraines have other commonly associated symptoms, such as sleep abnormalities and a higher risk of depression. Altered sex drive may be another quirk of being a migraine ," he added.

Although it is commonly believed that sex drive is reduced by headaches, and sexual intercourse can cause specific types of headaches, Houle and his associates note, other research has suggested that sexual intercourse may alleviate the pain of migraine in some patients.

Houle, from Wake Forest University School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and his associates tested the theory that migraine and sexual desire may both be associated with serotonin. Evidence for this is the reduced libido that often accompanies depression treatment with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, which increases brain levels of serotonin, whereas migraine is associated with reduced serotonin levels.

To investigate this complex relationship, Houle, and his associates recruited 59 adults who had at least 10 headaches annually. Twenty-three subjects (7 men and 16 women) were classified as having migraine , and 36 (18 men and 18 women) as having tension-type headache.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060615232509990001&cid=2194

ChrisKo
06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
LOL, I've had migraines about every other month (sometimes once a month) since 4th grade. They are heriditary and I got them from my mom as she's been a sufferer the majority of her life. It's funny to see this linked to migraines, but I'd easily give up some libido if I could never have another migraine attack again.

FinaciousOne
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
So the next time my wife tells me I'm giving her a headache,
she really means I'm making her horny.

cnc66
06-16-2006, 02:34 PM
lordy, my libido isn't much interested when I've got a migrane working on me

wazzy
06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
So next time I got a migrane I should invite a lady friend over!

Muck
06-16-2006, 05:15 PM
lordy, my libido isn't much interested when I've got a migrane working on me

True that.

Breathing is about the only activity I can perform with a migraine. Curling up and dying sounds much more inviting.

I think this is quack science.

Muck
06-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Or your boss. :foundout:

playmaker1
06-16-2006, 05:16 PM

:lol:

Noodle Arm
06-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Ah ha! So everytime my g/f says "I can't do it now...I have a headache", I know the broad is lying! :tongue:

Samphin
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I am SO using this on my girlfriend.

Seriously though, I need to hire this doctor. Have a headache? Needs more sex. Has a toothache? Needs more sex. Has a stain on his shirt? More sex and club soda.

Awesome, whatever he is getting paid, is not nearly enough.

NaboCane
06-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Migraine:hump:

Now that's a first! :rolleyes:

playmaker1
06-16-2006, 06:37 PM
I am SO using this on my girlfriend.

Seriously though, I need to hire this doctor. Have a headache? Needs more sex. Has a toothache? Needs more sex. Has a stain on his shirt? More sex and club soda.

Awesome, whatever he is getting paid, is not nearly enough.

:lol:

like2god
06-16-2006, 07:40 PM
OWWW

My head hurts.

HysterikiLL
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
I thought the title of this thread was "Migrant licked having sex, dies". :lol:

Barry White
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
thats reeally something. well, i could'nt handle more than i'm gettin anyway.

gotta leave somethin for the rappers.

FinaciousOne
06-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Or your boss. :foundout:

My wife is my boss.:foundout: