PDA

View Full Version : Sadaam m/b dead or evacuated...

dolphan39
04-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Saddam has delivered two televised addresses since the attack began March 20. It was unclear why he did not appear Tuesday, instead having the statement read by Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030401/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_saddam&cid=540&ncid=1480

Penthos
04-01-2003, 02:51 PM
I saw a report day before yesterday on Fox or CNN that pointed out a Man standing behind a high ranking Iraqi official during a press conference... The commentators said that this man was a bodyguard and up until the war began, he had NEVER been seen standing next anyone other than Saddam Hussein himself...

ohall
04-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81
I saw a report day before yesterday on Fox or CNN that pointed out a Man standing behind a high raninking Iraqi official during a press conference... The commentators said that this man was a bodyguard, and up until the war began, he had NEVER been seen standing by or behind anyone other than Saddam Hussein...

I think that body guard is now guarding his new boss, because Saddam is either dead, injured or has left Iraq.

Oliver...

Penthos
04-01-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
I think that body guard is now guarding his new boss, because Saddam is either dead, injured or has left Iraq.

Oliver...

That certainly was the implication, and might actually be the case.

WharfRat
04-01-2003, 07:08 PM
I dunno...
There are actually several very good reasons why Saddam didn't deliver that speech himself...
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to think he's dead too... but....

-Security ... he's always been paranoid (with good reason) perhaps he's even more so now (with good reason)

-It may be a "ruse" to continue confusing the coalition about his whereabouts and condition....

-He may just have thought this was something that should be spoken by the information minister (read that head of propaganda)... there were a lot of religious overtones in the speech that is uncharacteristic of Saddam's usual speaches...his are more nationalistic, than religious.

-In 1991, it was common practice for an aide, or government minister to deliver his speeches... this may simply be something that he considers normal...

Who knows?

Maybe nobody ever will ...