PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Board states untruthful Rumor about Culpepper!!

akfinfan
06-21-2006, 12:30 AM
http://vikingsboard.net/Mike%20Lurie/Lurie6-13-06.html

Check out the link above, 4th paragraph down. I've told this guy how wrong he is before about things but he seems to think he knows everything. Before the Culpepper trade he stated on his websote that a deal was completed between the Vikings and Rams and would be announced soon.....This guy really doesn't have a clue, and furthermore if you tell him that, he gets his panties all in a ruffle. Feel free to send him and email to let him know just how wrong he is!!

Editor@vikingsboard.net

Samphin
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Who cares? It isn't that farfetched that Daunte maybe out the first couple of weeks. Hence the reason we got Harrington. All indications point to Daunte being ready, but you never know how much is fact and how much is just playing the media so we don't force our hand.

I wouldn't worry about this at all.

endorPHINS72
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Don't let these idiot Vikings fans get to you. They're just bitter because Daunte didn't want to play for their sorry *** organization anymore.

I dunno...whatever helps them sleep at night.

akfinfan
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Who cares? It isn't that farfetched that Daunte maybe out the first couple of weeks. Hence the reason we got Harrington. All indications point to Daunte being ready, but you never know how much is fact and how much is just playing the media so we don't force our hand.

I wouldn't worry about this at all.

My point is what he is saying isn't true, this dude is always making up stuff because he is so bitter about Culpepper being traded.

like2god
06-21-2006, 12:41 AM
My point is what he is saying isn't true, this dude is always making up stuff because he is so bitter about Culpepper being traded.

Who cares? Let the baby have his bottle, ignore him and he will go away.

K-BayFinFan
06-21-2006, 12:43 AM
mike lurie is an idiot!! Look @ his top 30 QB's @ the bottom of the bloghe has Aaron Brooks ahead of Daunte Culpepper and Trent Green:shakeno:

akfinfan
06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
mike lurie is an idiot!! Look @ his top 30 QB's @ the bottom of the bloghe has Aaron Brooks ahead of Daunte Culpepper and Trent Green:shakeno:

This is exactly what I am talking about. I should post the emails this guy sends me when I respond to his pathetic articles. It's real comical!!

Anthony D.
06-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Dante turned down a few teams. Thet is something that nobody in Vikingland wants to admit. He refused to restructure his deal(just like Joey did) with not only the Rams but the Titans and possibly a few others. It gave us leverage in getting him. Saban was in touch with Dante throughout the whole Brees process. This was planned by our organization. Pure brilliance on Saban's part. I am not worried about what Viking fans or any fans have to say, we have SERIOUSLY upgraded a position that had lame ducks on it's list on the roster. This was the steal of the decade! Maybe larger than that.

whatsburning
06-21-2006, 01:21 AM
This was the steal of the decade! Maybe larger than that.

So you mean in two of the past three decades, the Vikings get hosed by teams, leading directly to Super Bowl championships?

EBMisfit
06-21-2006, 02:28 AM
this dude is always making up stuff because he is so bitter about Culpepper being traded.Then wouldn't receiving heated e-mails from 'Phin fans simply fan the fire? When Daunte proves him wrong, he'll simply lose that much more respectability.

Perfect23
06-21-2006, 02:48 AM

Well u cant say he is a bad qb.

Blurch
06-21-2006, 09:15 AM
This was the steal of the decade! Maybe larger than that.

You've got to be kidding. Look, I hate to ruin Phin's fans euphoria, but Culpepper was supposed to be the savior here in Minnesota and he turned out to be nothing more than an underacheiving, confidence lacking overhyped, mediocre at best, QB. And that's when he had his running ability which he left on the field in N. Carolina. He folds under pressure, he won't study game films, he can't read defenses. All it takes to ruin Daunte's day is a couple of blitzes, then get ready for the int's. You can call it jealousy or sour grapes or whatever, but I'm seriously glad he's gone. And I say that knowing our starting QB is over the hill by at least 3 years. You'll see.
After a few games with Daunte as the starter you'll be crying for Harrington.
I guarantee.

cnc66
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM
You've got to be kidding. Look, I hate to ruin Phin's fans euphoria, but Culpepper was supposed to be the savior here in Minnesota and he turned out to be nothing more than an underacheiving, confidence lacking overhyped, mediocre at best, QB. And that's when he had his running ability which he left on the field in N. Carolina. He folds under pressure, he won't study game films, he can't read defenses. All it takes to ruin Daunte's day is a couple of blitzes, then get ready for the int's. You can call it jealousy or sour grapes or whatever, but I'm seriously glad he's gone. And I say that knowing our starting QB is over the hill by at least 3 years. You'll see.
I guarantee.

ohh lookie, the hemorrhoid is back hanging out and bothering people... go away dude, nobody gives a crap what you think, you are acting like a jilted lover. We'll see you later in the season and your boy Brad can show us what a mistake we made...hahahahaha Childress, Speilman..yea, yer going places alright..the cellar ...

buckwilde
06-21-2006, 10:17 AM
ohh lookie, the hemorrhoid is back hanging out and bothering people... go away dude, nobody gives a crap what you think, you are acting like a jilted lover. We'll see you later in the season and your boy Brad can show us what a mistake we made...hahahahaha Childress, Speilman..yea, yer going places alright..the cellar ...

:yeahthat: Pass him a tissue then somebody flush the jilted Vikes lover down the toilet so he can be close to the Vikings franchise.

Kinzua
06-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I guarantee.

Nah, they'll have seen enough of Harrington before Daunte's ready to be crying for Ferret!!! :sidelol:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I guarantee.Dude, you should shove your head up your *** and keep going till all that's left is a meaty donut! You'll be missing Pepper especially when he lights your sorry team up later this year. Make sure you stop back here the day after and bring your appetite cause a lot of folks will be serving you some serious crow!
http://www.pete-online.us/Images/EatCrow.jpg

Mike13
06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Dude, you should shove your head up your *** and keep going till all that's left is a meaty donut

His head is already up his ***.

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 12:07 PM
His head is already up his ***.Found a pic of Blurch.

Blurch
06-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Geez you guys are really original. And by the way, I can't wait to come in here after the turnover king f***s up your season. The only thing that will save you is Saban will have enough balls to bench Suckpepper when he stinks, unlike that moron Tice.

like2god
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Geez you guys are really original. And by the way, I can't wait to come in here after the turnover king f***s up your season. The only thing that will save you is Saban will have enough balls to bench Suckpepper when he stinks, unlike that moron Tice.

Ummm guys, Isn't there an age limit for this forum? Who let the two year old in?

like2god
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Found a pic of Blurch.

:lol:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Ummm guys, Isn't there an age limit for this forum? Who let the two year old in?Hey! Look at my age!!!

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 01:08 PM
:lol:Never would have guessed he had his own business however.

Kinzua
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Never would have guessed he had his own business however.

Simple things for simpletons.

like2god
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Simple things for simpletons.

Now now Histrionic Kinzua, come with me back to your padded room (also known as the "A few facts to ponder" thread) so we can continue your therapy treatments. With our help, someday you can become a normal, healthy, contributing member of society. Unless of course you are comfortable as a 500 pound, crossdressing, schizo, freakshow.

**I had to post this a second time because I don't know where your multiple personalities are going to lead you next. Maybe I will just post it in every thread on FH.

fin1
06-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Nah, they'll have seen enough of Harrington before Daunte's ready to be crying for Ferret!!! :sidelol:

One again ape, you never disappoint. Not even remotely funny. Now put down the mouse, pull your piss stained pants back up, and step away from the keyboard.

like2god
06-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey! Look at my age!!!:groucho: :up:

Perfect23
06-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Found a pic of Blurch.

Damn Blurch ur wife or girlfriend or whatever must hate kissing u.

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Simple things for simpletons.I am humbled...:sidelol:

Kinzua
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
One again ape, you never disappoint. Not even remotely funny. Now put down the mouse, pull your piss stained pants back up, and step away from the keyboard.

Well, I suppose if my team had spent a draft pick on Joey Harrington, I wouldn't find it funny either!!!! :sidelol:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Well, I suppose if my team had spent a draft pick on Joey Harrington, I wouldn't find it funny either!!!! :sidelol:Losman ring a bell?

fin1
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, I suppose if my team had spent a draft pick on Joey Harrington, I wouldn't find it funny either!!!! :sidelol:

What's funny is you have a Journeyman, a Loserman, and a Nowhereman on your roster yet you call out ours. That glass house of yours must be smashed to pieces. I think you need another session with your resident Like2god. Can you help her out dude?

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 03:42 PM
What's funny is you have a Journeyman, a Loserman, and a Nowhereman on your roster yet you call out ours. That glass house of yours must be smashed to pieces. I think you need another session with your resident Like2god. Can you help her out dude?I'll help.
http://www.bollox.net/images/136.jpg

like2god
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
I'll help.

:sidelol:

fin1
06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll help.

I think she secretly wants to get with us.:jawdrop:

like2god
06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I think she secretly wants to get with us.:jawdrop:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

*shudders*

:egads: :escape:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 04:21 PM
I think she secretly wants to get with us.:jawdrop:I wouldn't **** her with your dick and Like2God pushing!:wink:

cnc66
06-21-2006, 04:23 PM
http://myspace-289.vo.llnwd.net/00010/98/24/10284289_l.jpg

*shudders*

:egads: :escape:

kinzua sends her mothers day cards...

fin1
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't **** her with your dick and Like2God pushing!:wink:

I guarantee you'd smell her before you saw her.:barf: :barf: :barf:

like2god
06-21-2006, 04:28 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I guarantee you'd smell her before you saw her.:barf: :barf: :barf:http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

fin1
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
http://66.252.133.101/StinkyGymGirlsFootTorture01.jpg

I was thinking probably something a little more fishy. Excuse me I have to go barf.

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I was thinking probably something a little more fishy. Excuse me I have to go barf.:sidelol: Had to watch the TOS!

fin1
06-21-2006, 04:41 PM
:sidelol: Had to watch the TOS!

Smells like the outhouse door off a tuna schooner!

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Smells like the outhouse door off a tuna schooner!:sidelol: :sidelol: I gotta go, later all.

like2god
06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
:groucho:

Click and scroll down
http://files.tagworld.com/402bafde5d17a885420382c038addbfe47f1.jpeg

:lol: :wink:

retired opfinistic
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
:baghead:

Click and scroll down

Perfect23
06-21-2006, 05:29 PM

Click and scroll down

Mike13
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Yeah keep thinking that, enjoy Speilman, picking up that ****** buried your franchise, enjoy the 0-16 season, but hey at least you'll get Brady Quinn.

EBMisfit
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Culpepper was supposed to be the savior here in Minnesota and he turned out to be nothing more than an underacheiving, confidence lacking overhyped, mediocre at best, QB.
Memories are short. In 2005, Culpepper played only seven games before getting injured, and the public's sharpest memory is that Culpepper was one of the Vikings involved in the notorious cruise-boat scandal. Largely forgotten was that in 2004, his seventh NFL season, Culpepper had a quarterback rating of 110.4 and was probably the best quarterback in the NFL not named Manning or Brady (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tim_layden/06/16/culpepper/1.html).I wouldn't mind seeing Culpepper "underachieving" with a 110.4 QB rating in Miami.

EBMisfit
06-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Nah, they'll have seen enough of Harrington before Daunte's ready to be crying for Ferret!!! :sidelol:All of which have shown more ability to play QB than Loserman (or do you really wanna play another round of "let's compare QB ratings" again?).

EBMisfit
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Simple things for simpletons.Thanks for letting us know what rule to follow if we ever want to keep you amused.

EBMisfit
06-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, I suppose if my team had spent a draft pick on Joey Harrington, I wouldn't find it funny either!!!! :sidelol:We spent a 6th round pick to obtain a QB that has a higher career QB rating than the QB the Jills burned a first rounder on. Sounds like a bargain, at least in comparison.

finsrclowns
06-21-2006, 08:30 PM
We spent a 6th round pick to obtain a QB that has a higher career QB rating than the QB the Jills burned a first rounder on. Sounds like a bargain, at least in comparison.

I look forward to seeing what a bargain he is in the event hamburger knee isn't ready or she plays like last year's game with Cincy.:lol:

FinFrenzy
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I look forward to seeing what a bargain he is in the event hamburger knee isn't ready or she plays like last year's game with Cincy.:lol:

No problem just think 10 times better than loserman....:lol:

Blurch
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Culpepper "underachieving" with a 110.4 QB rating in Miami.

This is what I mean by overhyped. Statistics are for fantasy football.
So much of his stats were garbage time, or dump offs to the running backs after he held the ball too long and then the RB would bust a 40 yard gain which went towards Daunte's passer rating. I'll agree that 2004 was his best season, and the vikings finished 8-8. He also was the leading rusher in 4 games that year. He runs so much because he can't read defenses and he always holds onto the ball too long until the designed play falls apart. Remember? That's how he wrecked his knee. He won't be doing much running anymore so his choices now are: throw it up for grabs, fumble or take a sack.
You'll see. I watched him in every game for 7 years. You'll be longing for the good old days with Feidler or Gus.

like2god
06-22-2006, 11:13 AM
This is what I mean by overhyped. Statistics are for fantasy football.
So much of his stats were garbage time, or dump offs to the running backs after he held the ball too long and then the RB would bust a 40 yard gain which went towards Daunte's passer rating. I'll agree that 2004 was his best season, and the vikings finished 8-8. He also was the leading rusher in 4 games that year. He runs so much because he can't read defenses and he always holds onto the ball too long until the designed play falls apart. Remember? That's how he wrecked his knee. He won't be doing much running anymore so his choices now are: throw it up for grabs, fumble or take a sack.
You'll see. I watched him in every game for 7 years. You'll be longing for the good old days with Feidler or Gus.

WOW, you must really miss Culpepper. You are spending sooo much of your time here on this board whining like a jilted girlfriend. Good luck to you though with your inept front office and your sh!tty QB (if you can call him that). The future seems to be looking very dim in Minnytown. Very dim indeed :shakeno:

Blurch
06-22-2006, 12:01 PM
WOW, you must really miss Culpepper. You are spending sooo much of your time here on this board whining like a jilted girlfriend. Good luck to you though with your inept front office and your sh!tty QB (if you can call him that). The future seems to be looking very dim in Minnytown. Very dim indeed :shakeno:

It's been dim here for 7 years but the cloud moved to Miami, so we're opptomistic. :evil:

Kinzua
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM

Where'd you get your degree in crystal ball reading, Pompous Jackarse? Miss Cleo's Offshore University and School of Cosmetology??? :sidelol:

like2god
06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
It's been dim here for 7 years but the cloud moved to Miami, so we're opptomistic. :evil:

It's spelled Optimistic. http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=optimistic&lookupbtn=Look+Up

Very dim indeed

like2god
06-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey look everybody, it's Kinzua Personality #10 (schizotypal Kinzua). Glad to see that we have helped you push KP #11 (Histrionic Kinzua) into the background. Hopefully we don't see that one around again. Good for you :clap:

Where'd you get your degree in crystal ball reading, Pompous Jackarse? Miss Cleo's Offshore University and School of Cosmetology??? :sidelol:

What is Schizotypal Personality Disorder?

Quick Summary:

Many believe that schizotypal personality disorder represents mild schizophrenia. The disorder is characterized by odd forms of thinking and perceiving, and individuals with this disorder often seek isolation from others. They sometimes believe to have extra sensory ability or that unrelated events relate to them in some important way. They generally engage in eccentric behavior and have difficulty concentrating for long periods of time. Their speech is often over elaborate and difficult to follow.

Symptoms of Schizotypal Personality Disorder:

Odd or eccentric mannerisms or appearance
Superstitious or preoccupied with paranormal phenomena
Difficult to follow speech patterns
Feelings of anxiety in social situations
Suspiciousness and paranoia
Odd beliefs or magical thinking
Appears shy, aloof, or withdrawn to others:sidelol: And Kinzua, "cosmetology" is

Cosmetology
Main Entry: cos·me·tol·o·gy
Function: noun
Pronunciation: -je</I>
Etymology: French </I>cosmétologie, from </I>cosmétique cosmetic (from English </I>cosmetic) + </I>-logie -logy</I>
: the cosmetic treatment of the skin, hair, and nails</I>
http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=cosmetology&lookupbtn=Look+Up

I believe you meant to say "Cosmology"

Main Entry: cos·mol·o·gy
Pronunciation: käz-'mä-l&-je</I>
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: New Latin </I>cosmologia, from Greek </I>kosmos + New Latin </I>-logia -logy</I>
1 a : a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe</I> </I>b : a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe</I> </I>
2 : a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe</I> ; also : a theory dealing with these matters
</I> http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=cosmology&lookupbtn=Look+Up

And the proper word would have been "Parapsychology"

Main Entry: para·psy·chol·o·gy
Pronunciation: "par-&-(")sī-'kä-l&-je</I>
Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary</I>
: a field of study concerned with the investigation of evidence for paranormal psychological phenomena (as telepathy, clairvoyance, and psychokinesis)</I>
http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=parapsychology&lookupbtn=Look+Up

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

You are too much Kinzua Personality #10. Dim indeed. LOL

Kinzua
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Cosmetology
Main Entry: cos·me·tol·o·gy
Pronunciation: -je</I>
Etymology: French </I>cosmétologie, from </I>cosmétique cosmetic (from English </I>cosmetic) + </I>-logie -logy</I>
: the cosmetic treatment of the skin, hair, and nails</I>
http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=cosmetology&lookupbtn=Look+Up

I believe you meant to say "Cosmology"

Main Entry: cos·mol·o·gy
Pronunciation: käz-'mä-l&-je</I>
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: New Latin </I>cosmologia, from Greek </I>kosmos + New Latin </I>-logia -logy</I>
1 a : a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe</I> </I>b : a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe</I> </I>
2 : a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe</I> ; also : a theory dealing with these matters
</I> http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=cosmology&lookupbtn=Look+Up (http://reference.aol.com/dictionary?dword=cosmology&lookupbtn=Look+Up)

Don't flatter yourself, Pompous Jackarse. I'm sure your family and boyfriends were duly impressed with your B.S. from Miss Cleo's Offshore University and School of Cosmetology, but then trailer trash always seem to favor gaudy face paint.

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 01:04 PM
trailer trash always seem to favor gaudy face paint.And Kidszoo once again offers us a glimpse into her/his/its bizarre psychological makeup.

Pun intended.

like2god
06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Don't flatter yourself, Pompous Jackarse.
Now now Kinzua, I am only here to help.

I'm sure your family and boyfriends were duly impressed with your B.S. from Miss Cleo's Offshore University and School of Cosmetology,

When hard facts stare you in the face, you just deny them. Gotta love it :lol:

but then trailer trash always seem to favor gaudy face paint.

You sure do.

http://myspace-858.vo.llnwd.net/00006/85/84/6824858_l.jpg

http://myspace-289.vo.llnwd.net/00010/98/24/10284289_l.jpg

http://myspace-147.vo.llnwd.net/00006/74/18/6818147_l.jpg

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I look forward to seeing what a bargain he is in the event hamburger knee isn't ready or she plays like last year's game with Cincy.:lol:Harrington (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199): 68.1 career QB rating, 72.0 QB rating last year, acquired by the Dolphins with a 6th round pick

Loserman (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493000): 63.5 career QB rating, 64.9 QB rating last year, drafted by the Jills with a 1st round pick

Harrington has shown more, yet cost the 'Phins (a lot) less than Loserman did the Jills. Spin it any way you want to, the result's the same.

retired opfinistic
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
It's spelled Optimistic.

:lol:Naw it's spelled Opfinistic.

Kinzua
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
And Kidszoo once again offers us a glimpse into her/his/its bizarre psychological makeup.

Pun intended.

Another graduate of Miss Cleo's with a B.S. in Pseudo Knowledge, right?

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 02:43 PM
So much of his stats were garbage timeSo how much of his QB rating would you attribute to "garbage time"? Even if one knocked off 20 points off his QB rating, it would still be 90.4.

dump offs to the running backs after he held the ball too long and then the RB would bust a 40 yard gain which went towards Daunte's passer rating.Now you're entering the realm of just plain asinine. First you claim that he's holding the ball too long, then he's making all these dumpoffs that go for 40 yards. Hello? Only under very rare and extreme circumstances is a play that goes 40 yards not considered successful. And with 548 attempts, he'd have to them in bunches before they would greatly affect his QB rating, to the degree that one would think his HC would add such plays to the playbook until opposing defenses started catching on and covering the RBs. So unless you were part of the coaching staff, you have no way of knowing that wasn't how the plays were designed to work. Furthermore, the longer a QB holds on to the ball typically gives covered WRs more time to get open rather than giving the defense the opportunity to cover previously open WRs, so one has to wonder why his WRs weren't getting open more often with all the additional time he was holding on to the ball.
He runs so much because he can't read defenses and he always holds onto the ball too long until the designed play falls apart.You mean, with all those convenient RBs to dump the ball off to, he still feels the need to run the ball sometimes? You just can't get your takes to agree with one another.

He won't be doing much running anymore so his choices now are: throw it up for grabs, fumble or take a sack.Or dump it off to the RB for a 40 yard gain.

You'll see.Sure I will. With your halfbaked attempts to discredit Culpepper, one has to wonder who you're really trying to convince, me or yourself.

I watched him in every game for 7 years.So have others who are a lot more knowledgeable about football than you are. And their general consensus is that Miami got a steal. Now, if you're willing to list any credentials other than "bitter fan", I might listen.

You'll be longing for the good old days with Feidler or Gus.You mean two guys whose career QB ratings are ~15 points less than Culpepper's?:crazy:

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Another graduate of Miss Cleo's with a B.S. in Pseudo Knowledge, right?No, just commenting on your stated preference for gaudy face paint.

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
It's been dim here for 7 years but the cloud moved to Miami, so we're opptomistic. :evil:We used to have a couple of clouds here in Miami as well. Went by the names of Wanndstadt and Speilman, the latter of which was just hired by the Vikes to help run the ship with a man who can't stop whining about the former Pro Bowl QB he just traded away. Looks like things are about to get a lot dimmer.

Blurch
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
So how much of his QB rating would you attribute to "garbage time"? Even if one knocked off 20 points off his QB rating, it would still be 90.4.
Now you're entering the realm of just plain asinine. First you claim that he's holding the ball too long, then he's making all these dumpoffs that go for 40 yards. Hello? Only under very rare and extreme circumstances is a play that goes 40 yards not considered successful. And with 548 attempts, he'd have to them in bunches before they would greatly affect his QB rating, to the degree that one would think his HC would add such plays to the playbook until opposing defenses started catching on and covering the RBs. So unless you were part of the coaching staff, you have no way of knowing that wasn't how the plays were designed to work. Furthermore, the longer a QB holds on to the ball typically gives covered WRs more time to get open rather than giving the defense the opportunity to cover previously open WRs, so one has to wonder why his WRs weren't getting open more often with all the additional time he was holding on to the ball.You mean, with all those convenient RBs to dump the ball off to, he still feels the need to run the ball sometimes? You just can't get your takes to agree with one another.
Or dump it off to the RB for a 40 yard gain.
Sure I will. With your halfbaked attempts to discredit Culpepper, one has to wonder who you're really trying to convince, me or yourself.
So have others who are a lot more knowledgeable about football than you are. And their general consensus is that Miami got a steal. Now, if you're willing to list any credentials other than "bitter fan", I might listen.
You mean two guys whose career QB ratings are ~15 points less than Culpepper's?:crazy:

You edited out the most important fact (of coarse). Stats are for fantasy football. The problem with stats is that you can twist them around to suit either side of the argument. Your crap about dumping off to the running back was really a stretch though. The point is, when the play is designed to go to one of the wide outs and the QB holds the ball until the pocket collapses and dumps it off to his RB out of desperation to avoid a sack, and then the back turns it into a gain, why should the QB get credit for that? And Daunte does this a lot.
The only problem is that holding the ball too long also caused many of his famous turnovers.
Desperation passes usually aren't very accurate.
As for how much of his stats from 04 came from garbage time, quite a bit.'
Consider that they won 8 games against mostly teams with horrible defenses and losing records. They lost 8 games to better teams who built up big leads and went into prevent defenses outside of their own 20 yard line. DC would drive the ball down to the 25-30 yard line, padding his stats all the way, but fail to produce any points. That was a big knock on him even in 04, he can not produce in the red zone. But damn - look at those stats. Like I said, I watched every game DC played in Minnesota. I don't just get my opinions from the Monday morning sports page. Ask yourself this too. If Daunte played on a team in 04 that was good enough overall to help him achieve a 110 rating, how come they only managed to win 8 games against mostly horrible teams? And before you blame it all on the defense, Manning's colts had a p i ss poor defense in 04, yet they managed to go 12-4 with a much harder schedule than the Vikings had.

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
You edited out the most important fact (of coarse). Stats are for fantasy football. The problem with stats is that you can twist them around to suit either side of the argument.Stats, however, don't appear out of thin air, either. If they didn't have some correlation to reality, no one would mention them as much as they are. For example, if one team has five turnovers in a game and the other has none, it's more than likely that the second team is going to win. Certainly, it's possible that the first team might find a way to pull out victory despite their errors, but the odds are very weighted against them.

Your crap about dumping off to the running back was really a stretch though.Instead of bravura, then, you should have rebutted them. I could just as easily say your crap about dumping off to the running back was really a stretch. See how that proves nothing? Next time, go for argumentation rather than a bunch of meaningless hot air.

The point is, when the play is designed to go to one of the wide outs and the QB holds the ball until the pocket collapses and dumps it off to his RB out of desperation to avoid a sack, and then the back turns it into a gain, why should the QB get credit for that?You failed to mention how you know what the plays were designed to do. Second, in case you failed to notice this, all other QBs get credit for yards gained after the catch by whoever caught the balls in instances like this.
Furthermore, you still have failed to answer why it is for practically every other team in the league, the longer a QB holds onto the ball, the more likely his WRs are to be open except for Culpepper the exact opposite seems to be true if he has to dump it off to his RB so often.

And Daunte does this a lot.You can't have it both ways: that Culpepper was making enough of these dump off passes that RBs made 40 yard plays off of that it greatly affected his QB rating and that the coaching staff didn't make such passes into a designed play until opposing defenses started guarding against it.

The only problem is that holding the ball too long also caused many of his famous turnovers.
Desperation passes usually aren't very accurate. Congradulations! Two sentences that actually may have some validity to them.

As for how much of his stats from 04 came from garbage time, quite a bit.To the degree that it elevated his ranking from average (or below) to "probably the best quarterback in the NFL not named Manning or Brady"? A leap like that would require that just about every game would have to be "garbage time" from practically the opening kick off. BTW, if you read that article carefully, you'll notice the author doesn't tie Culpepper's status as "probably the [third] best quarterback" to his stats (if he did, Culpepper would have been ahead of Brady), but to his performance.

DC would drive the ball down to the 25-30 yard line, padding his stats all the way, but fail to produce any points.Yet the Vikes somehow produced enough points to get to 8-8. Maybe the point fairy left points under their pillows?

I watched every game DC played in Minnesota.Like I said, the only "credentials" that gives you is that of "bitter fan".

Manning's colts had a p i ss poor defense in 04, yet they managed to go 12-4 with a much harder schedule than the Vikings had.You mean those Colts who had a RB by the name of Edgerin James? And a more than one trick pony WR corps?

Kinzua
06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
No, just commenting on your stated preference for gaudy face paint.

Uh, I don't think so. That's the Pompous Jackarse who painted up his avatar.

EBMisfit
06-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Uh, I don't think so.I can't help it if you're the one who stated that trailer trash (like yourself) "seem to favor gaudy makeup". Your words, not mine. If you want to keep such facts about yourself secret, then you shouldn't be divulging them to everyone on the forum.

like2god
06-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Uh, I don't think so. That's the Pompous Jackarse who painted up his avatar.

I think it might be time for another ink blot test. Take a look Kinzua, and tell me the first thing that pops into your head.

INK BLOT

http://files.tagworld.com/eca2d5dd2eceb7ad426fabaf3fea9f35a7b0.jpeg

Mike13
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Don't you think thats a bit too challenging for our ''special'' guest L2G?

like2god
06-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Don't you think thats a bit too challenging for our ''special'' guest L2G?

I have to at least try. I am his/her/it's doctor and I have to help him/her/it. I have nailed down three of his/her/it's personalities, there are still 18 more to go before he/she/it can be released back into mainstream society. I have to, it's my duty.

Kinzua
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
I have to at least try. I am his/her/it's doctor and I have to help him/her/it. I have nailed down three of his/her/it's personalities, there are still 18 more to go before he/she/it can be released back into mainstream society. I have to, it's my duty.

:sidelol: So, you think you're a "doctor"? :sidelol: Too funny. Talk about delusional!!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

You should go here to see a real doctor: Help for L2G (http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/facilities/mapc/facility.htm)

like2god
06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
:sidelol: So, you think you're a "doctor"? :sidelol: Too funny. Talk about delusional!!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

You should go here to see a real doctor: Help for L2G (http://www.omh.state.ny.us/omhweb/facilities/mapc/facility.htm)

What is Paranoid Personality Disorder?

Quick Summary:

Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant. They usually shift blame to other people and tend to carry long grudges.
Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder:

Unwillingness to forgive perceived insults
Excessive sensitivity to setbacks
Distrustfulness and excessive self-reliance
Projection of blame onto others
Consumed by anticipation of betrayal
Combative and tenacious adherence to personal rights
Relentlessly suspiciousAdditional Information:

Paranoid personality disorder is difficult to treat, as paranoids are often extremely suspicious of medical professionals. A combination of medication and talk therapy can be effective at combating the more debilitating symptoms of this disorder.

*That last part might be the most important part to combating your multiple personalities Kinzua. This one (Paranoid) as stated is difficult to treat, but it certainly isn't impossible. Give the therapy a chance Kinzua, you may find that with a little help you will no longer need to eat yourself to death or shove large objects (such as, but not limited to baseball bats, bowling balls, tree trunks, etc) into your vag!na in an attempt to hurt and disfigure your body.

Everybody should be proud of who they are Kinzua, even you. My goal is to get you to the point where you can look into the mirror and not think that your reflection is talking back to you, and so that you can look at your 500 pound frame and say "My name is Kinzua and I am a beautiful 500 pound ape. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me".

Try to have a nice Big mac/Heroin free day Kinzua Personality #20. I'll be pulling for you. :wink:

EBMisfit
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
:sidelol: So, you think you're a "doctor"? :sidelol: Too funny. Talk about delusional!!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:There's nothing quite so delusional as Jills fan who think they root for a legitimate NFL team or believe the two senile old men now running the team (well, three, if you count the owner) can bring them back to respectability. So if anything, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

like2god
06-23-2006, 02:54 PM
There's nothing quite so delusional as Jills fan who think they root for a legitimate NFL team or believe the two senile old men now running the team (well, three, if you count the owner) can bring them back to respectability. So if anything, this is the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not sure what else I can do EBM. I thought that Kinzua and I were making very good progress, but "they" refuse to do the ink blot tests and seem to be getting more and more belligerent by the post.

EBMisfit
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure what else I can do EBM. I thought that Kinzua and I were making very good progress, but "they" refuse to do the ink blot tests and seem to be getting more and more belligerent by the post.I would suggest a complete lobotomy might be in order, except it's clear by her/his/its postings that she/he/it doesn't have any brains to begin with.