PDA

View Full Version : Chester Taylor vs Jamal Lewis

Superself
06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm in a keeper league and would like advice.

If you had to choose between Chester Taylor and Jamal Lewis, which one would you expect to have the better fantasy year?

Chester Taylor's situation looks great. He is going to Brad Childress who utilized Brian Westbrook's talents very well. I expect him to do the same with Taylor. Given that the Vikings have an elite offensive line...Taylor should produce in both rushing and receiving categories.

Jamal Lewis was hurt last year. The Ravens signed Mike Anderson and it looks like this could turn into a running back by committee. But what if that doesn't ring true and a 100% healthy Lewis returns to greatness with Steve McNair in there at QB keeping defenses honest? Jamal could have a very good year.

Thanks for any help offered.

Majpain
06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Im afraid Jamal Lewis will never run the same.well he was in prison after all.

Mile High Fin
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
the smart pick, for the future (2006 and beyond) is C.Taylor.
Lewis is on the downside anyway, even ignoring M.Anderson's signing, and injury issues.
C.Taylor has much more upside. Yes, it's just potential right now, but that's the safer pick as of now.
Training camp will give more insight, if you can wait until then.

Superself
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
the smart pick, for the future (2006 and beyond) is C.Taylor.
Lewis is on the downside anyway, even ignoring M.Anderson's signing, and injury issues.
C.Taylor has much more upside. Yes, it's just potential right now, but that's the safer pick as of now.
Training camp will give more insight, if you can wait until then.

Yeah I agree with you. I think his value is that he will gain me points in both catching and running the football.

TheAnswer385
06-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I see Lewis having a bounce back year and Chester Taylor running behinde Mewelde Moore (Spelling)

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Super, in a keeper league you keep your team for the subsequent years? You're using the same team you've been drafting and developing through the years?

Superself
06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Super, in a keeper league you keep your team for the subsequent years? You're using the same team you've been drafting and developing through the years?

Rules vary across leagues, but in my league, you can keep 6 players from the previous year. However you can only have 3 from the first 4 rounds of the draft.

We carry about 18 players on a full team.

So far I'm keeping Tiki Barber, Chris Chambers, Hines Ward, Eli Manning, Alge Crumpler and Chester Taylor from my previous year's roster.

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 10:13 PM
very cool!

I'm looking for some specific fantasy sites..I've been reading a lot about it today..man, IDK why it took me so long to join it, it must be fun

being on topic, I think there's no doubt you keep Chester taylor. Younger, will fit in nice for Childress..
Lewis is facing 2 IF's: If he'll keep himself healthy and If McNair will succeed (to open the running game). And there's the fact of his age

Majpain
06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
You also forgot Mike Anderson.