PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE guys, now I need you

BrazForPhins
06-21-2006, 09:27 PM
I've never asked anything from Finheaven, but this time I need your help! :D

I'm joining for the first time a Fantasy League, so I'm kind of lost, despite understanding the general work of it :boohoo:
And I wanna win it, cause I'm representing the Phins!!! :fire:

I'd like you guys to answer a few questions, some tips, don't need to give me looong answers, with just short and direct answers I'd be fully grateful

so, on to my doubts!

1.I'm playing a league which the starter team is 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, DEF. The bench is made of 6 players. How do you think would better be filled my depth? 1QB,2WR,1RB,1TE,1K? I'm not sure how to draft for depth

2.I know each league has its own system, but generally, at what order would you rank the importance of the positions?

3.During playoffs, how will work the points? cause lots of players won't advance through it, though the fantasy league keeps rolling

4.Is there a common mistake newbies always do, concerning fantasy leagues?:D:D:D

thanx so much in advance!! Go Phins!

dominizzo
06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Broo I just joined FFL on Cbssportsline!!

Join in the platinum league!! ts 100$ and u can win 600!!

Pm me if u want the info

BrazForPhins
06-21-2006, 09:34 PM
:eek: thanx bro! a 100 bucks? too much for me now..

I'm in a free league, from yahoo..with some brazilian NFL fans..But i'm the only fin fan playing it!

dominizzo
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
:eek: thanx bro! a 100 bucks? too much for me now..

I'm in a free league, from yahoo..with some brazilian NFL fans..But i'm the only fin fan playing it!

Okii:wink:

Superself
06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Common mistake #1. Drafting mainly players from the team you love most!
Please don't do this unless you like losing.

Common mistake #2. Not researching the average drafting positions for players before you draft. Knowing the average draft position of players will allow you to make sound decisions during your draft. Try antsports to find out this info.

Common mistake #3. Forgetting that you have to research every week to find diamonds in the rough. Players that blossom midweek are the ones you lock up to help you get to the playoffs!

Good luck!

BrazForPhins
06-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Common mistake #1. Drafting mainly players from the team you love most!
Please don't do this unless you like losing.

Common mistake #2. Not researching the average drafting positions for players before you draft. Knowing the average draft position of players will allow you to make sound decisions during your draft. Try antsports to find out this info.

Common mistake #3. Forgetting that you have to research every week to find diamonds in the rough. Players that blossom midweek are the ones you lock up to help you get to the playoffs!

Good luck!
hey bro, thanx a lot! useful info :wink:

Do you think is too risky to have Ronnie AND Daunte on my team? I'll try to get Ronnie in the 1st and Daunte later on, maybe 3rd round..

thanx again for the help!!

BrazForPhins
06-21-2006, 10:55 PM
other than these 2 guys I'll go BPA

this antsports site is great..great guide of average position

TheAnswer385
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I didnt read wat the others wrote but here are my RULES.

RBs i would say are the most valuable then i would say qbs then wrs.

Get solid consistant players who arent prone to injury like Fred Taylor is.

DO NOT DRAFT ALL FINZ PLAYERS!!!!!

TractorTraylor
06-21-2006, 11:46 PM
To try and answer your questions:

1.For Depth, what you suggested, that looks good but maybe instead of a kicker, look for defense... IMO, when it comes to drafting that depth do BPA (K or DEF).

2. In regard to position importance, RB is the most important this year since there are few RBs who are locks to produce (LJ, LT, Alexander, Portis, Tiki, Ronnie..). As for QB, Manning is the only one worth taking in the first 2 rounds.. Brady, McNabb, Palmer should be taken around the 4th round give or take.. this years WR corps has a decent amount of depth so if you are contemplating choosing between 2 positions, put the WR 2nd.. TE is a crap shoot.. gates could be taken early but there are a few sleepers who could be snagged late (LJ Smith, Watson, McMike)

3. You dont do Fantasy Football during the playoffs. The fantasy playoffs are typically weeks 14-17 of the regular season (give or take).. that way there is an equal chance for all..

4.Not just Miami, but it is never too good of an idea to get several players from one team on your fantasy team. If the team busts during the year, you will find yourself in a rough situation. Also, watch the bye weeks of your players. You dont want to have too many off in the same week otherwise youll have to cut some guys in order to fill that weeks roster.

Hope that helps..

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 09:15 AM
I didnt read wat the others wrote but here are my RULES.

RBs i would say are the most valuable then i would say qbs then wrs.

Get solid consistant players who arent prone to injury like Fred Taylor is.

DO NOT DRAFT ALL FINZ PLAYERS!!!!!

hum, yep, gotta stay away from injury prone players..
Pennington, Grossman, F. Taylor, all are at the bottom of my board
It's getting pretty clear here that I should not draft many fins players :lol:

thanx man, much aprecciated!

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 09:20 AM
To try and answer your questions:

1.For Depth, what you suggested, that looks good but maybe instead of a kicker, look for defense... IMO, when it comes to drafting that depth do BPA (K or DEF).

2. In regard to position importance, RB is the most important this year since there are few RBs who are locks to produce (LJ, LT, Alexander, Portis, Tiki, Ronnie..). As for QB, Manning is the only one worth taking in the first 2 rounds.. Brady, McNabb, Palmer should be taken around the 4th round give or take.. this years WR corps has a decent amount of depth so if you are contemplating choosing between 2 positions, put the WR 2nd.. TE is a crap shoot.. gates could be taken early but there are a few sleepers who could be snagged late (LJ Smith, Watson, McMike)

3. You dont do Fantasy Football during the playoffs. The fantasy playoffs are typically weeks 14-17 of the regular season (give or take).. that way there is an equal chance for all..

4.Not just Miami, but it is never too good of an idea to get several players from one team on your fantasy team. If the team busts during the year, you will find yourself in a rough situation. Also, watch the bye weeks of your players. You dont want to have too many off in the same week otherwise youll have to cut some guys in order to fill that weeks roster.

Hope that helps..

GREAT bro, great. Thanx for the help! this, added to the other replies I received, pretty much cleared all the doubts I had :wink:

thanx so much everyone, Finheaven rules!! :rawk:

MillerTime
06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
wait to get a QB, you can pick up a solid starter in rounds 6-8

draft 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds, and dont wait much longer to pick up the 3rd

wait until the last 2-3 rounds to get a kicker

you prolly want to end up with 2 qbs, 4 rbs, 4 wrs, 2 tes, 1 kicker, and 2 d's

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 10:17 AM
wait to get a QB, you can pick up a solid starter in rounds 6-8

draft 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds, and dont wait much longer to pick up the 3rd

wait until the last 2-3 rounds to get a kicker

you prolly want to end up with 2 qbs, 4 rbs, 4 wrs, 2 tes, 1 kicker, and 2 d's

indeed..as long as I'm checking the projections and all Fantasy stuff I'm realizing that I can pick up solid QB's in mid rounds 4-8..

do you think I really should carry 4rbs and 4 wrs, instead of 3 rbs and 5 wrs?

MillerTime
06-22-2006, 12:16 PM
indeed..as long as I'm checking the projections and all Fantasy stuff I'm realizing that I can pick up solid QB's in mid rounds 4-8..

do you think I really should carry 4rbs and 4 wrs, instead of 3 rbs and 5 wrs?

either, its depends on whose available in the later rounds really. if there is more value at WR then go with a WR, but if there is still a sleeper back in the later rounds then you got to go with a RB

but to be succesful you really got to get two top RBs

Mile High Fin
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
either, its depends on whose available in the later rounds really. if there is more value at WR then go with a WR, but if there is still a sleeper back in the later rounds then you got to go with a RB

but to be succesful you really got to get two top RBs

Yes, you need 2 stud RBs. Take best RB available in Rounds 1 & 2!!!!!

Get 4 RB for sure.....injuries/bye weeks happen.
Take your #3 RB in Round 4........you'll get a damn fine RB to fill in for Bye weeks/injuries (like a Curtis Martin/Fred Taylor/Droughns/Tatum Bell/etc).

WRs have fewer injuries, so 4 WRs should be OK (unless you have a bye week conflict between them).
If you really want 5 WRs, then use just 1 TE (not 2), then just suck it up and pick up a spare TE on your starter TE's bye week.

I go with this draft order, and I won my FFL league (12-teams) last year, and I'm ALWAYS in the playoffs:

Round:
1: RB
2: RB
3: TE (stud like Gates/Shockey/Gonzo - it's like having a 4th stud WR)
4: RB (yes - already, you will have a STARTING calibur #3 RB to play in bye weeks, and injuries --- it's SOOOOO important to be stacked at RB)
5: QB (you'll get a quality starter here, and at good value)
6: QB (a quality calibur starter - in case of injury & bye, and could surprise (I got Carson Palmer in this round last year (after taking Bulger in R.5), and Palmer ended up my starter after about Week 4 or so)
7: WR (you'll get a steady performer - I picked up Rod Smith here last year)
8: WR (ditto - I got Jimmy Smith here)
9: WR (ditto- I got TJ Houshmanzedah here)
10: RB#4 (your #4 RB will be as good as most #3 RBs)
11: WR#4
12: DEF (you'll get a very solid Def here)
13: TE#2 (or WR#5 if you wish)
14: K
15: DEF#2

Edit: I fixed my comments for Rounds 8 & 9 - I forgot about Jimmy Smith)

MillerTime
06-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Round:
4: RB (yes - already, you will have a STARTING calibur #3 RB to play in bye weeks, and injuries --- it's SOOOOO important to be stacked at RB)
6: QB (a quality calibur starter - in case of injury & bye, and could surprise (I got Carson Palmer in this round last year (after taking Bulger in R.5), and Palmer ended up my starter after about Week 4 or so)
8: WR (ditto - I got TJ Houshmanzedah here)
9: WR (ditto)

yes do something like that, although i would get a WR in the 5th, and QB in the 7th. but it all depends on how the draft plays out really.

BrazForPhins
06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Yes, you need 2 stud RBs. Take best RB available in Rounds 1 & 2!!!!!

Get 4 RB for sure.....injuries/bye weeks happen.
Take your #3 RB in Round 4........you'll get a damn fine RB to fill in for Bye weeks/injuries (like a Curtis Martin/Fred Taylor/Droughns/Tatum Bell/etc).

WRs have fewer injuries, so 4 WRs should be OK (unless you have a bye week conflict between them).
If you really want 5 WRs, then use just 1 TE (not 2), then just suck it up and pick up a spare TE on your starter TE's bye week.

I go with this draft order, and I won my FFL league (12-teams) last year, and I'm ALWAYS in the playoffs:

Round:
8: WR (ditto - I got Jimmy Smith here)
9: WR (ditto- I got TJ Houshmanzedah here)
good masterplan! :lol:

now, seriously, great scheme of drafting. I think I'll follow something like that, though I know you gotta check all the time if someone is dropping considerably..Not happening any steal available, I`ll definately follow this logic you're saying..
If I can get WR`s with different bye weeks I'll grab only 4

thanx brother!:wink: