PDA

View Full Version : ------- Who are the "Second Tier" RBs???

Mile High Fin
06-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Everybody and their grandma's know the Top 3 RBs are:
LJ, LT, and Shaun Alexander (in some order)

However, who would you take at #4-8 RB?

I say:

4. Tiki Barber (great rushing/receiving threat)
5. Clinton Portis (1,500 yds & double-digit TDs in 3 of 4 seasons)
6. Edge James (All pieces in place, OL only question)
7. Rudi Johnson (1,400 yds & 12 TDs in 2 straight years, but tough schedule)
8. Ronnie Brown (you know...:goof: )
9. Steven Jackson
10. Lamont Jordan

TractorTraylor
06-23-2006, 06:34 PM

I say:

9. Steven Jackson
10. Lamont Jordan

I agree with the players, not the order tho..

IMO...
4. Tiki Barber (More valuable in reception leagues)
5. Clinton Portis (Will have more TDs than Barber)
6. Rudi Johnson (extremely underrated, but solid)
7. Steven Jackson (New HC will help his stats)
8. Ronnie Brown ('nuff said)
9. Edge (The O is so strong, he wont get nearly as many touches)
10. Lamont Jordan (Higher in reception leagues but not as flashy as others in TD leagues)

TheAnswer385
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
you gotta toss caddy williams in there somewhere

BrazForPhins
06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Talking about RB's, I haven't seen Sammy Morris listed anywhere. Not even in the deep bottom of TOP60 RB's..I'd think about drafting him if I'm in need of a backup RB in rounds 13th or 14th, ahead the likes of Cedric Houston, Michael Bennet, Antowain Smith...
Saban seems to be worried about not overusing the RB. I think we'll see games where we're winning easily and Morris will rest Brown more than people expect. And we know Morris is very solid, I'm wondering his production with a better OL that we'll likely have this year

TractorTraylor
06-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Talking about RB's, I haven't seen Sammy Morris listed anywhere. Not even in the deep bottom of TOP60 RB's..I'd think about drafting him if I'm in need of a backup RB in rounds 13th or 14th, ahead the likes of Cedric Houston, Michael Bennet, Antowain Smith...
Saban seems to be worried about not overusing the RB. I think we'll see games where we're winning easily and Morris will rest Brown more than people expect. And we know Morris is very solid, I'm wondering his production with a better OL that we'll likely have this year

If you are going to draft a backup RB, you'd be better off going with a RB/team that has a RBBC situation i.e. Broncos (Bell, Dayne), Bears (Jones, Benson) and Ravens (Lewis, Anderson) to name a few..

PressCoverage
06-25-2006, 05:43 AM

yeah... like 4th..

TractorTraylor
06-25-2006, 10:37 AM

He isnt a recieving threat at all and he has a hard time staying healthy... Id put him behind all of those listed (#11)..

Mile High Fin
06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
He isnt a recieving threat at all and he has a hard time staying healthy... Id put him behind all of those listed (#11)..

Yeah, I agree.
I'd keep him OUT of the Top 10.

He's in the next "tier":
Probably 11-14 range (in no particular order I'd say 11-14 is among: McGahee, Caddy, Julius Jones, and Dominick Davis)

Batman13
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't have Rudi or LaMont in that top 10. I'd take DD in Kubiak's offense, and Caddy with his 35 touches a game. Also, I'd have Tiki closer to 10. Brandon Jacobs is learning to block, so he'll get his goal-line carries. Also, there's that whole RBs-past-30 thing. To top that off, he was blaming everyone and their mother after that playoff loss, and Tom Coughlin is not the best coach to piss off. If I were going to rank them, it'd be something like this..Clinton Portis (would consider him over Shaun, actually. He is going to be huge this year and Shaun will not find as much room without the best lineman in the game)Steven JacksonEdgeRonnieCaddyTiki

djfresh47
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
I agree with the players, not the order tho..

IMO...
4. Tiki Barber (More valuable in reception leagues)
5. Clinton Portis (Will have more TDs than Barber)
6. Rudi Johnson (extremely underrated, but solid)
7. Steven Jackson (New HC will help his stats)
8. Ronnie Brown ('nuff said)
9. Edge (The O is so strong, he wont get nearly as many touches)
10. Lamont Jordan (Higher in reception leagues but not as flashy as others in TD leagues)

I don't think many people aside from Dolphins fans would rank Ronnie Brown ahead of Edge. I had Steven Jackson last year and he didn't produce in the 2nd half at all. For him to be successful, Bulger needs to be healthy all year.

Batman13
06-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Not neccesarily, he just needs the carries. Jackson is a back that thrives on more carries. He wears defenders down as the game goes on. Last season, he had games with 9 carries, 12 carries, etc. Linehan has never had just one back, so the numbers have never stuck out, but he usually rushes close to 40 times a game. With no other viable option in St Louis at RB, you should expect Jackson to get 25+ carries a game, as well as finish in the top 3 in the league in rushing.

TractorTraylor
06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't think many people aside from Dolphins fans would rank Ronnie Brown ahead of Edge. I had Steven Jackson last year and he didn't produce in the 2nd half at all. For him to be successful, Bulger needs to be healthy all year.
As biased as Miami fans are about Brown, he is a consistently top 10 RB all around with a majority of the rankings putting him between 4 and 9. He is one heck of a RB as we know and he's getting doubled carries with RW gone. Not to mention, the system is remaining the same and he also catches the ball which means he is a 3 down back.. most experts and players equate that into Ronnie being a fantasy stud this year.. Meanwhile, Edge could actually be a 3rd offensive option this year (behing Fitz and Boldin) plus this is also the cardinals we are talking about here. They were last running the ball last year so Edge wont have a great line to run behind. Dont get me wrong, Edge will be real good but there is more fantasy upside with Ronnie Brown. That is my unbiased opinion.

Not neccesarily, he just needs the carries. Jackson is a back that thrives on more carries. He wears defenders down as the game goes on. Last season, he had games with 9 carries, 12 carries, etc. Linehan has never had just one back, so the numbers have never stuck out, but he usually rushes close to 40 times a game. With no other viable option in St Louis at RB, you should expect Jackson to get 25+ carries a game, as well as finish in the top 3 in the league in rushing.
you beat me to the punch... with martz gone and Linehan in, Jackson will get some work with the pigskin and thats just what he needs...

Mile High Fin
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
As biased as Miami fans are about Brown, he is a consistently top 10 RB all around with a majority of the rankings putting him between 4 and 9. He is one heck of a RB as we know and he's getting doubled carries with RW gone. Not to mention, the system is remaining the same and he also catches the ball which means he is a 3 down back.. most experts and players equate that into Ronnie being a fantasy stud this year.. Meanwhile, Edge could actually be a 3rd offensive option this year (behing Fitz and Boldin) plus this is also the cardinals we are talking about here. They were last running the ball last year so Edge wont have a great line to run behind. Dont get me wrong, Edge will be real good but there is more fantasy upside with Ronnie Brown. That is my unbiased opinion.

Maybe Ronnie Brown has more upside potential than Edge, but Edge is a more proven commodity. Yes, he's new to Arizona, but all indications point to him having a very strong year again.
I'd have to lean towards Edge over Ronnie.....at this time. But only slightly. I hope you're right though! :evil:

O-Connection
07-13-2006, 06:34 PM
For one season leagues:

4.) Clinton Portis
5.) Tiki Barber
6.) Edge' James
7.) Ronnie Brown
8.) LaMont Jordan
9.) Rudi Johnson
10.) Steven Jackson
(11.) Cadillac Williams
(12.) Brian Westbrook

For keeper/dynasty leagues:

4.) Clinton Portis
5.) Ronnie Brown
6.) Tiki Barber
7.) Edge' James
8.) LaMont Jordan
9.) Steven Jackson
10.) Cadillac Williams
(11.) Rudi Johnson
(12.) Reggie Bush

HysterikiLL
07-13-2006, 07:02 PM
You guys are sleeping on Warrick Dunn. This guy has been a gem for me the last few years. Always consistent, always a threat...with Vick in the backfield, defenses are found baffled. Dunn is dangerous and is reliable too.

BrazForPhins
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
What about the Jones, Julius and Kevin?
Julius Jones imo should have an open field now with the arrival of T.O. in Dallas, huh?
And Kevin Jones should do even better with the new coaching staff? There's Kitna to help that offense flourish, he's not a star though could do a servicable job, at least better than Harrington did I guess

playmaker1
07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
second tier RBs I would say be Caddie Williams, Steven Jackson, Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, Warrick Dunn.
Basically I see Guys who are in a two RB system. Guys who will still get touches, but split alot of time.

DolfanGermany
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM

I say:

9. Steven Jackson
10. Lamont Jordan

I'd say:
4. Portis
5. Rudi Johnson
6. Barber
7. Edge (I'd give him spot #4, but I neither trust their O Line nor the team... I mean it's ARIZONA!)
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Cadillac Williams
10. Steven Jackson

playmaker1
07-18-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd say:
4. Portis
5. Rudi Johnson
6. Barber
7. Edge (I'd give him spot #4, but I neither trust their O Line nor the team... I mean it's ARIZONA!)
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Cadillac Williams
10. Steven Jackson

I like that list

trate121hb
07-22-2006, 04:19 PM
You guys are sleeping on Warrick Dunn. This guy has been a gem for me the last few years. Always consistent, always a threat...with Vick in the backfield, defenses are found baffled. Dunn is dangerous and is reliable too.

dunn is a good pickup