PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi's talking about using chemicals on radio?

WharfRat
04-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Found this "blurb" buried deep within an article about today's progress.... I wonder, if true, why more hasn't been mentioned of it....

And there is still the threat of chemical weapons – none have been fired yet, but CBS News Correspondent David Martin reports the Iraqis can be overheard on their radios talking among themselves about using them.

Full article on CBSNews.com (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/24/iraq/main541815.shtml)

dolfan06
04-03-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Found this "blurb" buried deep within an article about today's progress.... I wonder, if true, why more hasn't been mentioned of it....

Full article on CBSNews.com (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/24/iraq/main541815.shtml) from what i heard, i gather they've decided not to use em, afraid they'll lose what support they have!;)

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
from what i heard, i gather they've decided not to use em, afraid they'll lose what support they have!;)

perhaps .... but desperation has a way of tempting those that have them to use them... if they've got one foot in the grave already...what do they have to lose?

dolfan06
04-03-2003, 01:28 AM
perhaps .... but desperation has a way of tempting those that have them to use them... if they've got one foot in the grave already...what do they have to lose? help in rebuilding their country!

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 01:36 AM
help in rebuilding their country!

The people who actually would care about the rebuilding (the general population)... wouldn't be the ones using chemicals (the military/government). Saddam, his sons, his ministers, his generals... none of them would care about rebuilding, if it gets to the point where they'd use them...

dolfan06
04-03-2003, 02:36 AM
The people who actually would care about the rebuilding (the general population)... wouldn't be the ones using chemicals (the military/government). Saddam, his sons, his ministers, his generals... none of them would care about rebuilding, if it gets to the point where they'd use them... but if he used them, there would be nobody left to rebuild, besides, this is why sources say saddam is no longer in power, he wouldn't hesitate to use them, cooler heads are prevailing! ;)

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 03:40 AM
but if he used them, there would be nobody left to rebuild,

but my point is.... why would he care?

He wouldn't be around to see any rebuilding... and we know he doesn't give a damn about the people ... so why should he care if they're all dead?

dolfan06
04-03-2003, 09:46 AM
but my point is.... why would he care?

He wouldn't be around to see any rebuilding... and we know he doesn't give a damn about the people ... so why should he care if they're all dead? thats exactly what i said, i don't think saddam is calling the shots anymore. he's either hert real bad or dead!;)

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 11:48 AM
thats exactly what i said, i don't think saddam is calling the shots anymore. he's either hert real bad or dead!;)
that may be true... or unable to communicate with the field... no matter, his sons, and his generals/ministers would all be in the same situation....

PhinPhan1227
04-03-2003, 12:06 PM
that may be true... or unable to communicate with the field... no matter, his sons, and his generals/ministers would all be in the same situation....

Exactly....how much chance to prevail do "cooler heads" have when those nice cool heads have a 9mm pointed at them?

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Exactly....how much chance to prevail do "cooler heads" have when those nice cool heads have a 9mm pointed at them? better yet, have a tank rolling up your ass!:D

themole
04-04-2003, 08:17 PM
The people who actually would care about the rebuilding (the general population)... wouldn't be the ones using chemicals (the military/government). Saddam, his sons, his ministers, his generals... none of them would care about rebuilding, if it gets to the point where they'd use them...

Wharf...these are my thoughts on why he hasn't.

We all know this man is meaner than a Cottonmouth Moccasin, as evil as Beelzebub and...to top it off a COWARDICE Bully.

All that he has standing between him and total destruction are the "people".

Our troops are equipped to handle "Chem/Bio", so are his. So...by useing WMD, he would kill off the only asset keeping us from leveling the place and rooting him out and dragging him and his cronies down the streets of Baghdad.

The short version of this is... he's a ChickenSh!t COWARD!

I think he's trying to sneak out of town...if he hasn't already.

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by themole
Wharf...these are my thoughts on why he hasn't.

We all know this man is meaner than a Cottonmouth Moccasin, as evil as Beelzebub and...to top it off a COWARDICE Bully.

All that he has standing between him and total destruction are the "people".

Our troops are equipped to handle "Chem/Bio", so are his. So...by useing WMD, he would kill off the only asset keeping us from leveling the place and rooting him out and dragging him and his cronies down the streets of Baghdad.

The short version of this is... he's a ChickenSh!t COWARD!

I think he's trying to sneak out of town...if he hasn't already. its very possible, he's hurt or dead! we can only hope!:D

WharfRat
04-04-2003, 09:38 PM
They showed footage of him strolling through a crowd of (obviously coerced) cheering people....

but it really doesn't look like him...
at least to me... what do you guys think?
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Image taken from the footage today... evidently, there was smoke billowing in the background, and obvious damage from bombs around him, suggesting that it was recent...

I have this following image, of Saddam.... taken from a video released a while ago...

I just think they look like different people... maybe it's just me....

WharfRat
04-04-2003, 09:40 PM
here's another from the video footage today...again, I don't think this looks like the same guy....

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 09:42 PM
here's another from the video footage today...again, I don't think this looks like the same guy.... without a doubt, he looks different.

the picture of him reading today showed him without glasses, he's always worn glasses lately!

themole
04-04-2003, 09:45 PM
It ain't him!!!!:nono:

dolfan06
04-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by themole
It ain't him!!!!:nono: well, he has lost some weight! that can happen when you get the sh!t scared out of you so many times!:D