PDA

View Full Version : Google's Interesting new feature

Sniper
04-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Type in your phone number w/ area code in the search field. Make sure you enter your number in this format: xxx-xxx-xxxx and

Hit 'search'

People who haven't had their phone a very long time may not find anything. Otherwise your name should be found.

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Sniper
Type in your phone number w/ area code in the search field. Make sure you enter your number in this format: xxx-xxx-xxxx and

Hit 'search'

People who haven't had their phone a very long time may not find anything. Otherwise your name should be found.

A reverse lookup direct from the search box?
Gee... and you used to have to go to superpages.com and find the reverse lookup feature.... this makes it too easy... :shakeno:

Sniper
04-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Yes.

A map to the victim's err... person's house is also one click away. I can't believe they would put this feature on a search engine.:(

If you click on the phone icon you can opt to have your name removed. It's towards the bottom. I had them take my information off.

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 01:13 AM
Yes.

A map to the victim's err... person's house is also one click away.

:eek:

Mine's gone now too!!

Sniper
04-03-2003, 01:21 AM
Yours was quick! It took them a few days to do mine.

WharfRat
04-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Yours was quick! It took them a few days to do mine.

Ok... well... I submitted to have it removed..it'll be there until they refresh thier database....

iceblizzard69
04-03-2003, 07:55 AM
How do you submit to get it removed? My home number is on there, but luckily my cell number doesn't give a billing address, name, or anything.

Sniper
04-03-2003, 10:43 AM
First, click on the phone icon that appears next to your name. This will bring you to a new webpage. Then, scroll down to the 'PhoneBook' heading. Under this heading you will find something that says:

"To have your residential or business phone and address information removed from the Google PhoneBook, click here."

Finally, click the link and fill in the required information and then submit the form.

It took them 3 days to remove my information.

billsfanone
04-03-2003, 11:20 AM
New? That's been on google for years.

Sniper
04-03-2003, 11:27 AM
I just discovered it. I guess it is new to me then.