PDA

View Full Version : Ok...maybe some GOP Reps ARE fascists

PhinPhan1227
04-03-2003, 01:54 PM
25 to life?!?!?! 30-90 days would make sense, along with a hefty fine, but unless someone was injured or property was damaged, 25-life is just nuts!! And when you consider how little time a person does for RAPE, it's downright INSULTING

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030403/ts_nm/life_protests_dc_1

This guys new name should be Senator Stalin

Sniper
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
You can probably guess that I find it this development very disturbing as well. Hopefully, this is simply the case of an idiot politician that is spouting his mouth off. I truly hope there is nothing more sinister behind this guy's motives. I do agree with the article in that this can be conscrewed as a thinly-veiled threat against free speech and the right to peaceful assembly.

Can I PM you some links?

PhinPhan1227
04-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Feel free, but I'm not overly worried about this since there's almost NO chance of it passing. Part of the joy of a Representative Republic is that each states local constituency is free to elect whatever bozo wacko they choose. Supreme Court would knock this bill out in a second even IF it was allowed to pass, which seems almost impossible according to the article. The guy's a Nazi, but he's Oregons Nazi to worry about.

iceblizzard69
04-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
25 to life?!?!?! 30-90 days would make sense, along with a hefty fine, but unless someone was injured or property was damaged, 25-life is just nuts!! And when you consider how little time a person does for RAPE, it's downright INSULTING

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030403/ts_nm/life_protests_dc_1

That is just ridiculous. That law is way out there.

I am against the whole three strikes and your out (three felonies and you get life) law so I am even more against this bull****!

baccarat
04-07-2003, 01:17 AM
I think the law needs to be more clear on it's definitions. I understand why they want the law. Several people died b/c emergency roads were blocked off and a cop had acid thrown in his face. Now that's terrorism!

baccarat
04-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Stalin was a communist, not a facist.:shakeno:

PhinPhan1227
04-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_
Stalin was a communist, not a facist.:shakeno:

Actually, Stalin was a Communist in name only. He was a totalitarian, and actually much more in line with fascist practices than any Communist ideals.