PDA

View Full Version : This is why...

dolfan87
04-04-2003, 09:39 AM
...we should be in Iraq, regardless of W.M.D.'s. People deserve to live in a free country.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/895233.asp?vts=040420030520

billsfanone
04-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Yep! Great story.

Penthos
04-04-2003, 10:30 AM
“A person is a human being regardless of nationality,” he (Mohammed) explained today. “Believe me, I love Americans..."

Americans love you too Mohammed!

This guy IS a HERO.

LeftCoastPhin
04-04-2003, 12:11 PM
That was cool on The O'Reily factor on Fox News, they had the people who will be the biggest losers after the dust settles in Iraq. And the nominees are:

Turkey
Vincente Fox
Canada's prime minister
Democratic party
Dixie Chicks, Martin Sheen, etc
Peter Jennings

They left out the obvious ones like France.....

LeftCoastPhin
04-04-2003, 01:22 PM
That is a great story, and one of the many lessons to learn and re-learn from it is the value of EDUCATION. For this guy had not been educated on the ways of the world and learned that Americans are not evil, he would have never helped.

There is real hope that through education, peace can eventually come to the midde east, starting with Iraq. I hope this starts off a chain of events to other countries of the region. To really slow down and almost eradicate terror, we must follow through and bring peace and stability to the region.

If this means I might have to re-enlist, so be it. I wont lie, I dont want to, but if it comes down to it, I will. Living free is the only way to live.

Let's again, and always, keep in mind our soldiers that provide our way of life for us. If you get a chance to make a difference via voting for VA benefits to something like sending over a letter, please do it.

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81
“A person is a human being regardless of nationality,” he (Mohammed) explained today. “Believe me, I love Americans..."

Americans love you too Mohammed!

This guy IS a HERO. france is not a nominee, they're already a shoe in!:rolleyes:

themole
04-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
That is a great story, and one of the many lessons to learn and re-learn from it is the value of EDUCATION. For this guy had not been educated on the ways of the world and learned that Americans are not evil, he would have never helped.

There is real hope that through education, peace can eventually come to the midde east, starting with Iraq. I hope this starts off a chain of events to other countries of the region. To really slow down and almost eradicate terror, we must follow through and bring peace and stability to the region.

If this means I might have to re-enlist, so be it. I wont lie, I dont want to, but if it comes down to it, I will. Living free is the only way to live.

Let's again, and always, keep in mind our soldiers that provide our way of life for us. If you get a chance to make a difference via voting for VA benefits to something like sending over a letter, please do it.

LCP...You.... are a :patriot: :D

WharfRat
04-04-2003, 07:52 PM

Hoo-Waah LCP!!!

After 9/11.. I seriously thought about going back in.... probably would have if I was 10 years younger...

LeftCoastPhin
04-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words and reinforcement Mole and Wharf.

:patriot:

themole
04-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words and reinforcement Mole and Wharf.

:patriot:

LCF...Wharf!

God! Family! Country!... Nothing!... And I mean Nothing!... stirs my soul and conscience more... than to hear a man speak highly of his God...."if he is a believer" his family and his country!

My father was a U.S. Army Ranger in WWII & Korea and Bronze Star recipient. My Hero! He instilled these values in me at a young age. I served in 68, U.S.Army, Nothing heroic, but I honored my obligation and went where they sent me... driving a "seatruck".

Although we've never met. I consider you... and all others who share the values of Patriotism, as brothers!

Sorry if I waxed a little mushy but that's how I feel! :patriot: :hail:

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by themole
LCF...Wharf!

Although we've never met. I consider you... and all others who share the values of Patriotism, as brothers!
:patriot: :hail: and not me!:cry:

themole
04-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
and not me!:cry:

I thought you knew that already!:D

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 09:15 PM
I thought you knew that already!:D damn straight, all the crap we took, hell, i was just kidding!:D

themole
04-04-2003, 09:22 PM
damn straight, all the crap we took, hell, i was just kidding!:D

I know it 06!:lol: It was fun!!!

dolfan06
04-04-2003, 09:24 PM
I know it 06!:lol: It was fun!!! i know it was, and now i know which sheep are wearing wolfs clothing!:D

themole
04-04-2003, 09:35 PM
i know it was, and now i know which sheep are wearing wolfs clothing!:D

:rolleyes:

dolfan06
04-05-2003, 01:06 PM
:rolleyes: you can say that again!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WharfRat
04-05-2003, 06:32 PM
LCF...Wharf!

God! Family! Country!... Nothing!... And I mean Nothing!... stirs my soul and conscience more... than to hear a man speak highly of his God...."if he is a believer" his family and his country!

My father was a U.S. Army Ranger in WWII & Korea and Bronze Star recipient. My Hero! He instilled these values in me at a young age. I served in 68, U.S.Army, Nothing heroic, but I honored my obligation and went where they sent me... driving a "seatruck".

Sorry if I waxed a little mushy but that's how I feel! :patriot: :hail:

:patriot: mole...LCP... I consider all current and former servicemen/women my brothers and sisters....
It's a bond like no other, and one that cannot be taken away!

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

God bless our troops, and our country!!

LeftCoastPhin
04-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
:patriot: mole...LCP... I consider all current and former servicemen/women my brothers and sisters....

Damn straight!

themole
04-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat

Hey Wharf....LCP, in 68 we didn't have any contact in BT or AIT with the women. From what I've seen on the Discovery Channel Documentary's on Army BT & AIT they are mixed. Is this true? I'm old school and don't believe I would like that situation...I don't know...it just doesn't seem right to me.

I will tell you this though...when that little girl " she's my sons age" was rescued by Special Ops from the hospital... and they told her they were U.S. soldiers and were there to rescue her and she replied....I'm a U.S. Soldier too. My heart swelled with pride and my eyes filled with tears for her. You damn right!!! She became an instant sister! All I wanted to do was to administer as much pain and suffering on her tormenters as my mind could conceive.

May God bless Jessica Lynch...and may God bless our marvelously trained fighting machine.

LeftCoastPhin
04-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey Wharf....LCP, in 68 we didn't have any contact in BT or AIT with the women. From what I've seen on the Discovery Channel Documentary's on Army BT & AIT they are mixed. Is this true? I'm old school and don't believe I would like that situation...I don't know...it just doesn't seem right to me.

I will tell you this though...when that little girl " she's my sons age" was rescued by Special Ops from the hospital... and they told her they were U.S. soldiers and were there to rescue her and she replied....I'm a U.S. Soldier too. My heart swelled with pride and my eyes filled with tears for her. You damn right!!! She became an instant sister! All I wanted to do was to administer as much pain and suffering on her tormenters as my mind could conceive.

May God bless Jessica Lynch...and may God bless our marvelously trained fighting machine.

Well, with embarrassment and no pride, I tell you that in 1995 I went to basic training and women were in my platoon. It sucked donkey balls having to put up with their whining, but it made basic a cake walk compared to what it should be. Which for me, I wanted it to be hard, it was a good experience. Again, I didn't make the rules! Women have every business in the Army, but they should do basic training separate, like the Marines. Reason being: there are just things physically a woman can not do. There were 25 women in my platoon and only about 8 were worth their salt. They kicked ass, like PFC Lynch. I salute those female soldiers, but in MY platoon about half were sh1t bags when they were pushed to the limit.

But, IMO, they did not represent the majority. There are a lot of good female soldiers.

LeftCoastPhin
04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Also, Mole, I went to Basic as a Combat Support soldier (clerk) I dont think they mix women in with the Combat soldiers in basic training.

It still doesn't make it right though....

PhinPhan1227
04-07-2003, 04:48 PM
No women in Basic down at Benning last time I checked. Heck, I remember when we were doing Basic we marked time by how good ANY woman looked compared to how she looked when we got there. When some of the cows in the Dfac started to look good, we knew we were almost done!!:) Then again, there was also a little latin hottie that worked in one of the warehouses when we pulled that duty....she would have looked damned good on day 1, but this was after the 9th WEEK!! It was almost physically painful!!!

LeftCoastPhin
04-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Yea, I ended up scoring with one of my platoon mates graduation night so it wasn't ALL bad. :lol:

PhinPhan1227
04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Yea, I ended up scoring with one of my platoon mates graduation night so it wasn't ALL bad. :lol:

You BASTARD!! Although I was only a day behind you because I flew home after graduation and my girlfriend made up for the time lost.

themole
04-07-2003, 05:32 PM
LCP...appears there were quite a few changes made after I went through. In the late 60s everyone went through the same BT... ER,NG,RA & US all went through the common BT, it didn't matter if your MOS was predetermined by being ER or NG it was the same. One of those prefixes have been dropped since the advent of an all volunteer Army. I believe it was US...which indicated you were a draftee.

The only new thing implemented by the Army when I was in BT was something called "Heat Categories" the same thing the NFL put into effect last year. :lol: It didn't do me any good though. I started Basic at FT. Bragg on 16 NOV 68.

As far as going through with women...I don't think I would have liked that except maybe shower time:evil: .

You just had to play the hand you were dealt, cause you shure couldn't change the armies mind. I know that part of them hasn't changed.

What about the cadence songs? Did they clean them up for the gals? Was ole Jody still around doing his dastardly deeds?

PhinPhan1227
04-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Cadence was still raunchy at Benning(which I did during the summer...Heat Cat 5 for better than half my Basic). I particularly loved "Walking in a snipers wonderland")

LeftCoastPhin
04-07-2003, 05:42 PM
They still dropped the F bomb during cadence. The yellow bird......and then I smashed his f'king head!

No sexual cadence though, no Full Metal Jacket stuff.

themole
04-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Cadence was still raunchy at Benning(which I did during the summer...Heat Cat 5 for better than half my Basic). I particularly loved "Walking in a snipers wonderland")

They were cool weren't they 1227. Took the drudgery out of the forced march. Sometimes I can close my eyes and listen and still hear the DI shout...lebft... your lebft...your lebft right lebft... Feet schuffleing and all come into step...then all left feet hitting in unision and we were all marching down the avenue singing songs about Jody and others. I've forgotton most though.

I wonder if anyone has ever written a book of cadence songs? I would love to have one.

themole
04-07-2003, 05:57 PM
They still dropped the F bomb during cadence. The yellow bird......and then I smashed his f'king head!

No sexual cadence though, no Full Metal Jacket stuff.

Loved the little yellow bird! Made you feel all mean inside didn't it.

dolfan06
04-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Loved the little yellow bird! Made you feel all mean inside didn't it. YELLOW BIRD!!!!!!! thats the only song by lawrence welk i like!http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

PhinPhan1227
04-08-2003, 09:34 AM
They were cool weren't they 1227. Took the drudgery out of the forced march. Sometimes I can close my eyes and listen and still hear the DI shout...lebft... your lebft...your lebft right lebft... Feet schuffleing and all come into step...then all left feet hitting in unision and we were all marching down the avenue singing songs about Jody and others. I've forgotton most though.

I wonder if anyone has ever written a book of cadence songs? I would love to have one.

Stop by any PX, or any gas station outside of a base, and you'll find CD's with Cadence songs. We never sang them on road marches(I only wish!!), but they were great for breaking up the boredom of all the "hurry up and wait".