PDA

View Full Version : what time is supplement draft july 13

romio
07-11-2006, 10:47 PM
what time is supplement draft july 13

Mike13
07-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't know, its not televised or anything so you should check the Net.

dominizzo
07-12-2006, 12:09 AM
I think at 12

miaD5499
07-12-2006, 12:10 AM
it wont be televised but on the bottom ticker it should keep updates...hopefully i will be watching espn that morning and see flashing across th bottom of my screen "the dolphins select ahmad brooks in the supp draft"

ckparrothead
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll likely be tuning into PFT's website like every 5 minutes to find out who got who.

Aqua4Ever04
07-12-2006, 12:28 AM
So how does this work exactly? Do they just ask every team in each round if they would like to make a selection or what? Then you can jsut say pass or we want BLANK? LOL, any one know?

VanDolPhan
07-12-2006, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't bother tracking it. I remember last year it didn't come out till very late and until then it was all rumors.

slyfox13
07-12-2006, 04:56 AM
it wont be televised but on the bottom ticker it should keep updates...hopefully i will be watching espn that morning and see flashing across th bottom of my screen "the dolphins select ahmad brooks in the supp draft"OH my god!!!!!!!!!!:o

hof13
07-12-2006, 06:19 AM
So how does this work exactly? Do they just ask every team in each round if they would like to make a selection or what? Then you can jsut say pass or we want BLANK? LOL, any one know?

This was posted in the draft forum by maggot brain:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2612679 (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2612679)

This came as news to me and I think it will to others as well:

"Unlike the regular NFL draft, the selection order for the supplemental draft is determined by a weighted lottery. Teams are grouped into three groups: teams that won less than 6 games in 2005; other non-playoff teams; and the playoff teams. The order within each group is then determined by a weighted lottery with teams with the worst records having the best chance of having the first pick in each group. The draft is then conducted by teams interested in a player indicating which round they would take that player. The player is awarded to the team indicating the highest pick in the highest round. That team then forfeits its pick in that round at the 2007 draft."

The link: http://www.gbnreport.com/

So - from that - it appears to be a player by player draft.

hof13
07-12-2006, 06:29 AM
I think at 12

According to Yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-supplemental070706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns:

The supplemental draft will be held next Thursday morning via league-wide conference call with all 32 franchises. If a team makes a pick, it will forfeit its rights to use that very same selection in the 2007 NFL draft.But I can't imagine it's much earlier than 12 - with the west coast teams 3 hours behind the league's main office. Maybe Yahoo is talking PST AM?

romio
07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
no exact time where will it be held,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come on saban get brooks

Prime
07-12-2006, 10:40 PM
All I remember from last year is that I read on PFT around 1-2 EST that we drafted Manny in the 5th round.

stevec
07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Only one or two players get selected in the Sup Draft, so there is not much in the way of waiting for each team to pick. I think it's a lot like the waiver wire. If the Phins choose to pick Brooks in the 4th round, that is not publicized. If the 9ers submit a bid to get him in the 5th round, then Brooks is awarded to the phins. If the 9ers also pick the 4th round, Brooks is award to the 9ers.

I do not think it's a long process with only 1 or 2 players and NO bidding. You submit your "silent" auction bid and if you are the lowest, you win.

PhinsRock
07-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Noon, but won't hear results till evening I believe.

KingCrowder
07-13-2006, 05:51 AM
it's at 1P.M. EDT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-supplemental071206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Texas fullback Ahmard Hall and Iowa State defensive end/linebacker Jason Berryman could hear their names called during the 32-team conference call at 1 p.m. EDT, but it would likely occur in the sixth or seventh rounds. If not, they are expected to be offered free-agent deals by several teams.

Ohiophinphan
07-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Thanks

showstopper
07-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Around 2 or 3 p.m. we will know if we have a new dolphin.

ckparrothead
07-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I guess I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I really like Ahmad Brooks as a talent.

STANK-STASH
07-13-2006, 09:56 AM
What would you give up for him? No more than a 3rd I'd say...... Is he worth a 2nd?

ckparrothead
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I guess I'll put it this way...

If the phins chose him with a 2nd rounder, I'd defend it vehemently.

If the phins chose him with a 3rd rounder, I'd be jumping for joy at what a bargain we got.

If he gets selected in the 2nd round because the phins didn't offer up a 2nd, I'd be ok with that.

If he gets selected in the 3rd by the 49ers or Packers, while the phins offered their 3rd as well but didnt get him due to selection order, I'll be raving mad.

Scott Andrew
07-13-2006, 10:03 AM

If the phins chose him with a 3rd rounder, I'd be jumping for joy at what a bargain we got.

If he gets selected in the 2nd round because the phins didn't offer up a 2nd, I'd be ok with that.

If he gets selected in the 3rd by the 49ers or Packers, while the phins offered their 3rd as well but didnt get him due to selection order, I'll be raving mad.

Exactly

STANK-STASH
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm alittle weary of the 2nd, but people are saying he was really a 1st rd. pick before he got booted off the team. A 1st rd. pick for a 2nd rd. pick sounds nice to me.

@@@
07-13-2006, 10:07 AM

If he gets selected in the 3rd by the 49ers or Packers, while the phins offered their 3rd as well but didnt get him due to selection order, I'll be raving mad.:yes:

TouchDown
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
4th at most. Personally, I would throw a 5th at it.

@@@
07-13-2006, 10:12 AM
PFT think Brooks will be a late 4th early 5th

SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TODAY

The annual Supplemental Draft unfolds today, with seven players in the mix. The most recognizable candidate is former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who was kicked out of school following an injury-shortened 2005 season.

Considered by some scouts as one of the top linebacking prospects in years, the concern is whether Brooks can put behind him the demons that resulted in his dismissal from the Cavaliers. As one league source told us, "You don't know whether you're getting Lawrence Taylor or Lawrence Phillips."

And there continue to be concerns regarding Brooks' inability during his Pro Day workout to perform some of the running drills without specific and explicit instruction on how to do so -- even though he had been working with a trainer to get ready for the session for weeks.

There also is confusion as to the number of teams that attended the workout. We initially heard that everyone but the Bears showed up. Gil Brandt reported that everyone but the Vikings was there. Brooks' agent said that only 22 teams were present. We've since confirmed that the Bears weren't there, even though the agent claims the Bears are interested. We've also confirmed that the Vikings weren't there either, since they don't think he fits in their system and they are concerned about his history.

Now, Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi says that only 18 teams were present (http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/va__linebacker_on_giant_radar__giants_paul_schwartz.htm).

We also continue to hear that Brooks' former coach at Virginia, Al Groh, isn't doing Brooks any favors by giving his NFL contacts bad reviews regarding the player. Moreover, Brooks has had trouble with his weight. Though he got it under control in time for his Pro Day, the crash course to drop pounds might have left him weaker for the workout than he should have been.

In the end, though, none of it will stop him from getting drafted; he's got too much potential to ignore. Our guess? He'll go in the late fourth or early fifth round. The most likely candidates are the 49ers, Dolphins, and Giants.

The fun begins at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Check back for updates as it unfolds.

Alex44
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
CK I have a question

How do these guys get paid? I mean lets say the Texans wanted him and they selected him with their first rounder (Obviously that WILL NOT HAPPEN) but hypothetically....I mean technically you would be spending a #1 overall pick on him, how would you pay him?

ckparrothead
07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
PFT think Brooks will be a late 4th early 5th

Yeah I talked to Mike last night. I asked if he had any 11th hour tips from anyone...cuz John Clayton in his chat had said he thinks Miami passes. He said that he doesn't put much stock in anything Clayton says, and that he thinks Ahmad is a 49er in the 4th or 5th.

@@@
07-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I have to say i dont think i'll be particuarly happy if he goes to another team for a 4th or a 5th since i really dont see a 3rd as a big price to pay for a player of Brooks upside

ckparrothead
07-13-2006, 10:18 AM
CK I have a question

How do these guys get paid? I mean lets say the Texans wanted him and they selected him with their first rounder (Obviously that WILL NOT HAPPEN) but hypothetically....I mean technically you would be spending a #1 overall pick on him, how would you pay him?

Good question. I don't think they slot it the same based on S.D. order because what the team is actually giving up is a pick in next year's draft. That leaves negotiations a bit more open...to be based on where the team and the agent figures the team will pick in the next year, and based on how highly teams generally thought of the player. Also looming is the rookie cap...you have to fit S.D. picks under the rookie allotment. So that puts a big cap on whatever money the player could ask for.

ckparrothead
07-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I have to say i dont think i'll be particuarly happy if he goes to another team for a 4th or a 5th since i really dont see a 3rd as a big price to pay for a player of Brooks upside

Yeah that would be a situation that would tick me off the most...if we submitted a 4th, but the 49ers or Packers did as well and got him with their 4th.

To me, 3rd and 4th round picks are all but interchangeable

dolphan13
07-13-2006, 10:40 AM
SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT TODAY
The annual Supplemental Draft unfolds today, with seven players in the mix. The most recognizable candidate is former Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who was kicked out of school following an injury-shortened 2005 season.
Considered by some scouts as one of the top linebacking prospects in years, the concern is whether Brooks can put behind him the demons that resulted in his dismissal from the Cavaliers. As one league source told us, "You don't know whether you're getting Lawrence Taylor or Lawrence Phillips."
And there continue to be concerns regarding Brooks' inability during his Pro Day workout to perform some of the running drills without specific and explicit instruction on how to do so -- even though he had been working with a trainer to get ready for the session for weeks.
There also is confusion as to the number of teams that attended the workout. We initially heard that everyone but the Bears showed up. Gil Brandt reported that everyone but the Vikings was there. Brooks' agent said that only 22 teams were present. We've since confirmed that the Bears weren't there, even though the agent claims the Bears are interested. We've also confirmed that the Vikings weren't there either, since they don't think he fits in their system and they are concerned about his history.
Now, Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi says that only 18 teams were present (http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/va__linebacker_on_giant_radar__giants_paul_schwartz.htm).
We also continue to hear that Brooks' former coach at Virginia, Al Groh, isn't doing Brooks any favors by giving his NFL contacts bad reviews regarding the player. Moreover, Brooks has had trouble with his weight. Though he got it under control in time for his Pro Day, the crash course to drop pounds might have left him weaker for the workout than he should have been.
In the end, though, none of it will stop him from getting drafted; he's got too much potential to ignore. Our guess? He'll go in the late fourth or early fifth round. The most likely candidates are the 49ers, Dolphins, and Giants.
The fun begins at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Check back for updates as it unfolds.

RonnieB23
07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Gosh, looks like we wont get him after all.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

popularwar
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
It already passed. We didn't get him.