PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for a Playstation 2 baseball game

DrAstroZoom
04-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Any suggestions? Please comment.

t2thejz
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
I have all star baseball 2004 it is fun but i havnt played any other baseball games so i cant compare

Prime Time
04-08-2003, 08:07 PM
http://forums.operationsports.com//ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=3

Go there it has links to forums with peoples opinion on all baseball games.

Baz
04-09-2003, 02:10 AM
Just go with EA. You can't lose that way. MVP 2003 is the new EA baseball game......

Prime Time
04-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah I heard it was good...played it at my friend's house and i was good..only played 7 innings and have not played any other baseball games but I thought it was good.

EM Bills Fan 80
04-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Yeah MVP definatly is superior to any of the other games this year. One game you definately want to stay away from is MLB 2004. Plain and simple: It sucks. It'sabout 5 years behind all the other games.

breckenridge55
04-15-2003, 09:54 PM
I absolutely love High Heat 2004. The thing with High Heat that I love the best is that a game takes 15-20 minutes to play at tops. Literally, you can play a whole 162-game season easily without spending too much time on the game. It's also a lot of fun. The graphics aren't as good as MVP or World Series 2k3, but the gameplay is great. No pitch icons or anything, you just press the joystick to the area you want to swing, time it, and hit the ball. Even if you play a whole season, you come out with very realistic stats and the realism is great. If you want a baseball sim, High Heat is the one. If you are a more arcade person then you may not like it, but since I like sims better, my favorite is High Heat.

Kamikaze
04-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by breckenridge55
I absolutely love High Heat 2004. The thing with High Heat that I love the best is that a game takes 15-20 minutes to play at tops. Literally, you can play a whole 162-game season easily without spending too much time on the game. It's also a lot of fun. The graphics aren't as good as MVP or World Series 2k3, but the gameplay is great. No pitch icons or anything, you just press the joystick to the area you want to swing, time it, and hit the ball. Even if you play a whole season, you come out with very realistic stats and the realism is great. If you want a baseball sim, High Heat is the one. If you are a more arcade person then you may not like it, but since I like sims better, my favorite is High Heat.

If you're a big sim freak, I must second the HH2004 suggestion. No other game I've seen has a fully functional minor league farm system. And as a stat junkie, this game comes closest to replicating realistic statistics.

But, if you just want a game to just pick up and play, go with EA's offering, or even pick up Midway's Slugfest.