PDA

View Full Version : Keeper League: J.Addai vs. D.Williams

AggieFin21
07-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Which do think is the better choice?

Mile High Fin
07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Without doing a lot of reading/research on this question, I'd say Addai.
Better overall offense.
Better chances to get rushing AND receiving yards.

AggieFin21
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Well without too much feedback here, I went with Williams. As strange as it seems, I think he will have less competition than Addai. I know Fox has come out and said Foster is the starter, but lets face it. The Injury Bug is this guy's next door neighboor. He hasn't played a full season in 2 years and I don't expect that to change. He's also not used to carrying the full load whereas Williams was the Memphis offense.

Addai on the other hand has a better offense to work with but also has to fight off Dominic Rhodes for the starting gig. Rhodes filled in nicely when Edge went down a few years back, so he knows what it takes to start. So even though Addai has a chance to win the starting job outright, I still think Williams has more of an upside.

steel-x
07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I think you made the right decision for this type of league in a redraft league I would have skipped on both or maaybe rolled with Addai. I am not at all a fan of Dave Meggett eerrrr Deangelo Williams like most are I just do not see enough from him. I would have took Vernon Davis and never looked back. I would try to wheel Deangelo off right now for some draft picks.

DolfanGermany
07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Well without too much feedback here, I went with Williams.

in my opinion, you made the right choice. Williams has a bright future, I'm not sure about Addai.

dominizzo
07-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Joseph Addai will have a big year

Majpain
07-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Joseph Addai will have a big year

I hope.

Slappy8800
07-17-2006, 11:52 PM
i love Addai

Dors156
07-18-2006, 07:22 AM
peyton manning will make addai a better player by the qb he is.addai will have a great year

Prime
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
I would've went with Addai.

I think that Addai will be a stud for the Colts. He can run of course, catch and block. That means that he will likely see the field more because you don't see many backs in the leauge that can do all three of those things.

I picked him up in one of my leauges and if I didn't have Caddy Williams or Clinton Portis, then I would have him being one of my starting RB's.

He should bring in alot of value to the Colts because of having Manning and a OL that can block well.

MillerTime
07-18-2006, 03:02 PM
yea i would have went with addai for sure

playmaker1
07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I would say Williams. Carolina wants to run the ball. Foster hasen't stayed healthy yet in his career yet has he? I mean I'm a fan of his, but, he will give up the starting job. Williams will, be good.
Addai is in a good system, but they are a pass first team.