PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyguru.com notes

Phineas64
07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Yea, I know it's a Fantasy perspective, but good press is good press!
-----
Daunte Culpepper (QB, Mia) – So far his comeback has not only been miraculous, it’s been eerily miraculous. We’ll see what he can do once the pads are on, but Culpepper’s ability to move around in the months of May and June have been incredibly encouraging. He could not have possibly asked to be in better shape at this point in the off-season as he is now, and his receivers love his game. But we’ll see what August holds.
All signs point toward Daunte Culpepper being sufficiently recovered from his knee surgery to start the Sept. 7 season-opener at Pittsburgh. Culpepper looked exceptional in minicamps as he ran and cut during team drills and took all the snaps he was supposed to take with the first unit. Most players coming back from triple-ligament tears in a knee take at least 10-12 months to get back to full strength. Culpepper not only appears on the short side of that estimate, but he could even be ready for the beginning of the exhibition season August 12th against Jacksonville.

Ronnie Brown (Mia) – ...now, with a full year in the NFL under his belt, and Brown a year older and stronger, the Dolphins are expected to lean heavily on him as their true lead back (note that was the plan even if Ricky Williams were in the mix). With Ricky gone, Brown will be a do-it-all back for the Dolphins, and he has what it takes to be just that. He has the size and power to run people over and be the sustaining runner for this offense, but also the versatility to make a big impact as a receiver in the passing game.

Receivers – Marty Booker injured his ankle during their final minicamp but is expected to be fine for the start of training camp. Booker has been limited in the past by his quarterbacks but still has produced consistently enough (third in the league in yards-per-catch last year). He could have something of a renaissance as the #2 alongside Chris Chambers. … Kelly Campbell got a longer look because of Booker’s injury and had a chance to show his excellent speed and chemistry with Culpepper. In 2003-04, Campbell averaged more than 20 yards per reception while working as a slot receiver with Culpepper in Minnesota. He could be an asset for the Dolphins, who lacked his speed in the receiving corps last season.
Chris Chambers, Mia – If you can get it done with Gus Frerotte pitching the pig, you’re doing something, and Chambers did just that in 2005. It certainly helped that the Dolphins finally made Chambers a priority last year, throwing him 27 balls in the red zone and seven at the goal line, both league highs. Overall, Chambers had 163 targets for the year, tops in the AFC and fourth overall, and his 11 receiving TDs were tied for third in the league. Chambers might not be an ideal #1 NFL WR (his route-running, for example, leaves something to be desired), but he’s always had jaw-dropping ability. The Dolphins weren’t content just to throw the ball to Chambers last year; they also handed it to him whenever possible. He carried the ball 12 times – tied for first among WRs – and he had 92 rushing yards, tops among wideouts. It probably isn’t a coincidence that he broke out under Nick Saban, a quality coach. Everyone is excited about the 2006 Dolphins...

dolfan72734me
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Sweet read..:yes:..sweet read

Despacio
07-17-2006, 04:43 PM
There has been a lot of talk on the forum members all the way to the analysts on ESPN about will Culpepper's knee be ready on Sept. 7, thus drowning out the important note this article mentions, MENTALLY, Daunte will be ready on Sept. 7

I mean he's already taking all the snape he needs to take with the first team, he is already getting rythm with WR's down, as well as the entire offense. Physically the knee is in question, but mentally Culpepper is already on the full course to being as prepared mentally as any healthy QB come opening day.

Last year we constantly reminded ourselves in the first third of the season that Frerotte and the offense was still "gelling" as a unit b/c Frerotte and AJ split snaps all preseason.

Itsdahumidity
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
There has been a lot of talk on the forum members all the way to the analysts on ESPN about will Culpepper's knee be ready on Sept. 7, thus drowning out the important note this article mentions, MENTALLY, Daunte will be ready on Sept. 7

I mean he's already taking all the snape he needs to take with the first team, he is already getting rythm with WR's down, as well as the entire offense. Physically the knee is in question, but mentally Culpepper is already on the full course to being as prepared mentally as any healthy QB come opening day.

Last year we constantly reminded ourselves in the first third of the season that Frerotte and the offense was still "gelling" as a unit b/c Frerotte and AJ split snaps all preseason.

:up:
Great point.
I believe Cpep will be 100% sure mentally once he gets that first qb pressure and/or physical push from a defender in pre-season.

elandre
07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Very Nice !
Lets just hope Chambers can improve on catchin the easy passes if he can do that he will have a HUGE year...

Roman529
07-17-2006, 08:21 PM
That was a nice read!!!!! I feel good after reading that. :tongue: If DC can be like the DC he was in Minny we are going to have a great offense.

playmaker1
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
That gets me so pumped up!

trate121hb
07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
i love brown in fantasy this year....

maddendude
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Even though chambers goes in the 3rd round in most leagues, he's a GREAT pick. He's really becoming an elite WR, and Culpepper will take him to the next level.