PDA

View Full Version : WHo do I draft at # 3???

trate121hb
07-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Ladainian Tomlinson
Tiki Barber
Clinton Portis

or other...

im assumin LJ and Shaun wil be 1-2

CharlestonPhan
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
LT, especially if your league gives credit to RB's for pass receptions... he is going to accumulate alot of Phillip Rivers dump-off-passes all year long so his value in the passing game will increase some, plus he will be expected to carry more of the offensive load. and he is capable of it.

Alex44
07-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Last year Tiki Barber had the second most total yards from scrimmage all time (over 2,300)

I dont think you can go wrong with either LT or Tiki

Boone
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
LT...no brainer.

Kdawg954
07-20-2006, 02:17 PM
LT, I mean he deserves #1 consideration especially w/ the Chargers breaking in Rivers this year . . tho I have him as 3 also with LJ and Shaun being in ideal situations. But yea LT is a no brainer at 3

trate121hb
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
i love portis too and think he's going to explode

DolfanGermany
07-20-2006, 05:00 PM
LT, I mean he deserves #1 consideration especially w/ the Chargers breaking in Rivers this year . . tho I have him as 3 also with LJ and Shaun being in ideal situations. But yea LT is a no brainer at 3

that's what I have said.

BrazForPhins
07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Ladainian Tomlinson
Tiki Barber
Clinton Portis

or other...

im assumin LJ and Shaun wil be 1-2
LT, definately. He'll be used a lot this season with Rivers starting...and their oline's still fine.

Tiki was a monster last year, but this season NYG has a tough tough schedule, I doubt he'll put the same numbers.

Portis will do great imo, but the Redskins' receiving corps will get plenty of plays with the additions of Brandon Lloyd and Randle El.

I had the 3rd overall in a last week fantasy draft and I got LT, no brainer imo.

DolfanGermany
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
LT, definately. He'll be used a lot this season with Rivers starting...and their oline's still fine.

Tiki was a monster last year, but this season NYG has a tough tough schedule, I doubt he'll put the same numbers.

Portis will do great imo, but the Redskins' receiving corps will get plenty of plays with the additions of Brandon Lloyd and Randle El.

I had the 3rd overall in a last week fantasy draft and I got LT, no brainer imo.

You're writing my exact opinion, both for LT and for Barber as well.

dan the fin
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Ya go LT. I got lucky in my draft I got LJ with the 3rd pick LT went one and Manning went 2nd.

tronzone
07-20-2006, 09:52 PM
LT will be the no brainer pick, but I'd go with Tiki. If you look at the second half of last season Tiki played much better, plus he doesn't have the questionmark at QB that LT does. No one knows how Phillip Rivers will play, but there aren't too many questions about Eli. I think Tiki will have the best year of any NFC back.

BrazForPhins
07-20-2006, 11:30 PM
LT will be the no brainer pick, but I'd go with Tiki. If you look at the second half of last season Tiki played much better, plus he doesn't have the questionmark at QB that LT does. No one knows how Phillip Rivers will play, but there aren't too many questions about Eli. I think Tiki will have the best year of any NFC back.

But this is a win-win situation for LT imo. If Rivers does fine, ok, LT will not face lots of 8-man-in-the-box formations, if Rivers struggle you'll see LT carrying the load. That's possible because SD has a good oline and it remained mostly the same.
The only way I see LT having a poor season is Rivers playing f****** horribly allowing defenses to focus 100% on LT. But I doubt that, with Rivers learning 2 years as a benchwarmer.

playmaker1
07-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Lt!!!!

trate121hb
07-21-2006, 11:39 AM
At this point right now I'd go with LT

tronzone
07-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Just look at the second half (and final number) stats from last year and you'll see that Barber is actually the smarter pick. LT has the better name recognition, but if you want to win then Barber is your guy.

TractorTraylor
07-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Just look at the second half (and final number) stats from last year and you'll see that Barber is actually the smarter pick. LT has the better name recognition, but if you want to win then Barber is your guy.

Yes but this year, Eli has a much more balanced offense while LT will be carrying the load with Rivers at the helm so look for lots o carries and dump off passes to LT. Not too mention, Barber is getting taken out at the goalline in favor of Jacobs now so that takes away from his fantasy value.

PressCoverage
07-22-2006, 09:48 PM

"stats from last year"... the rallying cry of second division fantasy owners...

if you're comfortable picking a 31-year-old running back with a history of fumble problems -- who's already moonlighting on news talkshows -- over the best football player in the NFL, then i wish you were in my big money draft... we need more fish... :cooldude:

CharlestonPhan
07-24-2006, 01:39 PM

Tiki is 32 and will be 33 during the season... those legs arent getting any younger. think Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon last year. he's got to start breaking down, sooner, rather than later.