PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated dolphin player ratings!!!

finsgonewild
07-21-2006, 06:31 PM
In the newest issue of sports illustrated the dolphin players got a lot of love. They ranked a lot of our players really high. Anyways here are the rankings for our players.

Running Backs
Ronnie Brown- ranked 7th
-they also rated him as player on the rise.
Sammy Morris-ranked 44th

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers-ranked 5th
-they also rated him as a player on the rise.
Marty Booker-ranked 51st

Quarterbacks
Daunte Culpepper-Ranked 10th

Tight Ends
Randy McMichael-Ranked 13th

Kickers
Olindo Mare-Ranked 15th

Defenses
Dolphins-Ranked 18th(should be higher than this)

Aqua4Ever04
07-21-2006, 06:32 PM
This is fantasy rankings I'm assuming. That is suprising to see Chambers at #5. I think he is in fact going to be that good but most would call me a homer for sayingt that. Our defense at 18? No way, I say we are around 10-12th.

finsgonewild
07-21-2006, 06:34 PM
This is fantasy rankings I'm assuming. That is suprising to see Chambers at #5. I think he is in fact going to be that good but most would call me a homer for sayingt that. Our defense at 18? No way, I say we are around 10-12th.

yes they are fantasy ratings

footballer
07-21-2006, 06:47 PM
i like what i see. but those ratings arent squat unless without winning..

also , publications have been notorious for hyping up players, in order to bring them down with vengence( im looking at you sean salisbury, dn all your espn buddies).

DolphinDevil28
07-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Randy Mac 13? LOL.

Also, I'd have Chris Chambers about 8th or 9th. Not 5th.

But we'll see this year.

OdIe
07-21-2006, 06:51 PM
In the newest issue of sports illustrated the dolphin players got a lot of love. They ranked a lot of our players really high. Anyways here are the rankings for our players.

Running Backs
Ronnie Brown- ranked 7th
-they also rated him as player on the rise.
Sammy Morris-ranked 44th

Wide Receivers
Chris Chambers-ranked 5th
-they also rated him as a player on the rise.
Marty Booker-ranked 51st

Quarterbacks
Daunte Culpepper-Ranked 10th

Tight Ends
Randy McMichael-Ranked 13th

Kickers
Olindo Mare-Ranked 15th

Defenses
Dolphins-Ranked 18th(should be higher than this)

Can anybody think of 12 better tight ends???

finsgonewild
07-21-2006, 06:55 PM
here are the tight ends before him
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Chris Cooley
6. Dallas Clark
7. L.J. Smith
8. Jason Witten
9. Alge Crumpler
10. Heath Miller
11. Vernon Davis(a rookie ahead of Mcmike!!)
12. Jeremy Stevens
13. Randy McMichael

PassRush
07-21-2006, 06:56 PM

Antonio Gates
Tony Gonzolas
Alge Crumpler(arguable)
Heath Miller(I dont think so but a buddy of mine were arguing about it and he made a good case, I thinks its worth mentioning)

Thats it off the top of my head

DolphinDevil28
07-21-2006, 06:58 PM
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Chris Cooley
6. Dallas Clark
7. L.J. Smith
8. Jason Witten
9. Alge Crumpler
10. Heath Miller
12. Jeremy Stevens
13. Randy McMichael

You're nuts.

finsgonewild
07-21-2006, 06:59 PM
You're nuts.
umm thats not what i think... that was in sports illustrated

DolphinDevil28
07-21-2006, 06:59 PM
umm thats not what i think... that was in sports illustrated.

Sorry. :lol:

Hey, SI...You're nuts.

OdIe
07-21-2006, 07:08 PM
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Chris Cooley
6. Dallas Clark
7. L.J. Smith
8. Jason Witten
9. Alge Crumpler
10. Heath Miller
12. Jeremy Stevens
13. Randy McMichael

Gates had good solid years but now no Brees so we will see
Gonzalez nothing to argue here
Heap has struggled with injury
Shockey cant really argue here either
Cooley gets used in alot of different ways other than just a standard tight end

So with that being said I would probably put Mcmike even with Cooley if not maybe a little better just because of C-Pep but maybe I am being a homer.
Not to mention the fact that we have a better QB then all of the top 5 with the exception of MAYBE Trent Green.

finsgonewild
07-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Gates had good solid years but now no Brees so we will see
Gonzalez nothing to argue here
Heap has struggled with injury
Shockey cant really argue here either
Cooley gets used in alot of different ways other than just a standard tight end

So with that being said I would probably put Mcmike even with Cooley if not maybe a little better just because of C-Pep but maybe I am being a homer.
Not to mention the fact that we have a better QB then all of the top 5 with the exception of MAYBE Trent Green.

yep i would have ranked him 5th also

cltchperf
07-21-2006, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=DolphinDevil28]Randy Mac 13? LOL.

Also, I'd have Chris Chambers about 8th or 9th. Not 5th.

But we'll see this year.[/QUOT

yeah, i looked at the magazine and noticed the good rankings, except got the Mcmichael one. I was surprised with Chambers be ranked that high, I thought he would have been 8, 9, 10, or 11 like most magazines have. It's nice that SI thinks Chambers will breakout like others believe, or I do anyways. I don't think it's farfaetched to think that Chambers will have top 5 in receiving yards and TDs. Chambers talent( as gifted as the best WRS in the game) + A good qb for once in his career (probowl with frerotte, and productive with past average to below average qbs, Daunte's accuracy and arm strength will get the ball to chambers all over the field, etc. + the system and a coach that knows how to coach and utlitilzes his player talents to their strengths and play to their potential + Chambers improved focus and confidence in his ability = a very productive season. I believe Chambers will have 1,300yards or more and 12TDs or more, that would be top five numbers. Stever Smith had 1,583 yards, Santan moss had 1,487 or something yards, Chad Johnson had 1,400 something, Boldin and Fitgerald had 1,400, and Torry Holt with 1,331 yards. The rest of the wrs had under 1,300 yards. I don't think will have the season like last, probably 1,200 something yards, with the WR additions, and either boldin or Fitz will have less, because they passes alot with out a ground game, but with e.j they will run more, there for less passing attempts so I don't see both Wrs having 1,400 again, but still having good seasons, maybe Fitz will have 1,400 again, but perhaps, Boldin with 1,250, so if chambers has 1,300 + and 12TDs+, with the reasons why above, then that could be top 5 or close like 6.

Aqua4Ever04
07-21-2006, 07:22 PM
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Chris Cooley
6. Dallas Clark
7. L.J. Smith
8. Jason Witten
9. Alge Crumpler
10. Heath Miller
12. Jeremy Stevens
13. Randy McMichael

IMO, Randy belongs at number 6 moving up with Alge Crumpler who belongs at number 5. Jeremy Stevens? I don't think SI watched the Super Bowl.:lol:

So here's how I'd rank it.

1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Alge Crumpler
6. Randy McMichael
7. Jason Witten
8. Ben Watson (I hate the Pats, but this guys is good. How'd they leave him off?)
9. L.J. Smith
10. Chris Cooley
11. Dallas Clark
12. Heath Miller
13. Vernon Davis

Boik14
07-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Culpepper at 10th is whats really whack. For years he was a top 2 Qb in fantasy with Manning and a legit 1st rd pick in some formats. Duante is a beast and a lock to throw 25tds/3000 yards and people forget that QBs are the highest point getters in most formats. Their only legit reason for downgrading C-Pep is his injury

And as far as Chambers 5th; with an awesome qb like C pep getting him ball his stats should only improve. The only guys fantasy wise who could be as good or better are Holt, Chad Johnson, Smith and possibly owens and moss but the qb's throwing to owens and moss are just bad. Horn is a guy who could rebound and ward would be better if pitt wasnt so run oriented. Theres a couple of others I like but I have to keep somethings to myself.

Kdawg954
07-23-2006, 01:56 PM
1. Antonio Gates
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Todd Heap
4. Jeremy Shockey
5. Chris Cooley
6. Dallas Clark
7. L.J. Smith
8. Jason Witten
9. Alge Crumpler
10. Heath Miller
12. Jeremy Stevens
13. Randy McMichael

I'm not gonna lie, outside of Stevens and Cooley (with all the weapons Washington has, he will get less touches), I could see how each one of these TE's are above McMike. IMO they all have bigger roles in the offense that he has in Miami's offense. The top 4 are no brainers IMO. Clark w/ Indy, Alge w/ Atlanta, LJ is gonna be huge in that Eagles offense, Miller proved to be a nice target for Ben, and Davis will be Alex's life line this year. I'm not sayin McMike isn't better than those guys, but I do think fantasy wise I see where Sports Illustrated was comming from.