PDA

View Full Version : big decision with 4th pick

eric-in-tx
07-25-2006, 02:43 PM
i'm in an 8 team league.... that is standard on scoring accept that it includes a half point for receptions. one RB one WR and 3 flex

i have the 4th pick in the upcomming draft...
my question is if the big 3 are gone... do i take portis who has been steadily great and now has the oc from Kc.. or do i take brown.

the dolphins have one of the easiest schedules in the nfl and the redskins have one of the hardest...

while i would rather cheer for brown... it could be that i turn down the next faulk/priest/johnson player in portis...

help...

PressCoverage
07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
you answered your own question... schedule difficulty is something that most average fantasy players don't take into account...

teams will catch up with the one-dimensional Santana Moss, clogging things up for Portis... he's an excellent football player, and likely fourth in my draft also... But year No. 2 is THE year for a stud RB, and it will make your season a whole lot more enjoyable to have your main back as your routing interest anyway... You mentioned your league gives points for catches too? I'd expect 40+ reception from Ronnie Brown this year... You?

Are you allowed to trade down? I'd try to, and pick up Brown 8-10...

BrazForPhins
07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I was in the same situation as you are in a fantasy draft a week ago, and got Ronnie. I thought about Portis and Tiki but both have tough schedules...Brown will rip defenses apart this year man!!!

DoLpHiNz34
07-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Your decision should be between Portis and Tiki at number 4. I like Portis a whole lot this year, but like you mentioned, don't like the fact that he's in one of the tougher divisions in football. The thing is, so is Tiki. In my opnion, both guys will have comparable #s when its over and done with.

I wouldn't draft Brown at #4 for the simple fact that Portis and Tiki have been putting up numbers the past couple of years that you'd hope to get from Brown this year. I'd say something in the 1300-1500yd range with 10-12 TDs would be an incredible season for Brown this year. Portis has averaged 1482 yds and 11tds since 2002 and Tiki 1495yds and 9tds. I'd go with proven guys rather than the unproven guy in hope that he has a season comparable to the guys you passed on.

Saint Greg
07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd go Portis myself.

trate121hb
07-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Your decision should be between Portis and Tiki at number 4. I like Portis a whole lot this year, but like you mentioned, don't like the fact that he's in one of the tougher divisions in football. The thing is, so is Tiki. In my opnion, both guys will have comparable #s when its over and done with.

I wouldn't draft Brown at #4 for the simple fact that Portis and Tiki have been putting up numbers the past couple of years that you'd hope to get from Brown this year. I'd say something in the 1300-1500yd range with 10-12 TDs would be an incredible season for Brown this year. Portis has averaged 1482 yds and 11tds since 2002 and Tiki 1495yds and 9tds. I'd go with proven guys rather than the unproven guy in hope that he has a season comparable to the guys you passed on.

portis then tiki.......brown is a 7-12 range guy.....i love brown this year but you cant rech for a guy either...ur first round pick should be a guy whos proven it for atleast a couple years