PDA

View Full Version : I have sources that told me that Jason Allen will get sign by the end of this week.

juniorseau55
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Come see me after he's signed... I wont mention my sources..:wink:

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 03:05 PM
I love when people on web-boards are like "I have sources." Who do you talk to that is near enough to Jason Allen and/or the Dolphins to actually know that? I'm not trying to rail on you, because for all I know you may be Nick Saban's son (Son of Saban, lol) or you may work for the Dolphins, but it still seems kind of questionable. More likely you have a friend with sources, or another website with sources. But hey, I hope you're right. And if you are, maybe I'll concede that possibly, there exists a chance you do have sources.

inFINSible
07-28-2006, 03:06 PM
:whew:

ckparrothead
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, in order to practice tomorrow he has to report by today, and in order to report by today he has to sign today, so we're coming up on zero hour here...

Den54
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I believe!!!

icephinfan
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Do your sources have the winning lotto numbers too:evil:

popularwar
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
The end of the week seems like a pretty safe guess, especially considering the owner of the team is big on not having any holdouts.

Crypt Keeper
07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
End of the week is Saturday. Or do you mean end of the week as in next weekend?

TotoreMexico
07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Come to me after he's signed... I wont mention no sources..

Mitch Frankel is that you?

showstopper
07-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Team sources or player sources?

Dors156
07-28-2006, 03:29 PM
i hope you are right

DolphanD
07-28-2006, 03:30 PM
I think this will be a hold-out but for only a few days. Unlike Ronnie Brown's 3 week hold-out to, I guess, get a contract of only 5 years. I cannot believe it to this day that we signed the #2 overall last year to only 5 years. So they can hardline Allen and not back down from 6 years and let him hold-out most of camp which could end up wasting his first season, or give him 5 years and let him make the most of those 5 years. They let the #2 overall dictate a 5 year contract, why not the 16th.

Man I am angry Brown is under contract for only 4 more years...:fire:

Just when he's in his prime we will have to either extend his or Chamber's contract because they're both able to become FA's after 2009. And then use the Franchise Tag on one.

Anyone remember when there was talk about KC trading Larry Johnson for a safety like Artruro Freeman! So many people said he sucked but what a heist that would've been. Then we could have spent the #2 on Merriman or Ware. Two guys who probably would have signed 6, if not 7 year contracts! :tantrum:

Bjorn
07-28-2006, 03:30 PM
The end of the week seems like a pretty safe guess, especially considering the owner of the team is big on not having any holdouts.

Yeah. I don't have sources and i'll tell you Jason Allen will be signed by Monday morning. You aren't even going out on a limb to say that he will be signed by the end of the week. If you were to say that you have sources telling you that he has signed and will be released to the public later, then that is going out on a limb.

Dors156
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah. I don't have sources and i'll tell you Jason Allen will be signed by Monday morning. You aren't even going out on a limb to say that he will be signed by the end of the week. If you were to say that you have sources telling you that he has signed and will be released to the public later, then that is going out on a limb.

yeah i agree he will be signed real quickly.this wont be a couple week holdout it will be a couple days at the most

DolphanD
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Any sources on our other potential hold-out, Hagan?

phinfanfrommd
07-28-2006, 03:47 PM

i have the winning lotto numbers. use at your own risk....

they are......
4 8 15 16 23 42

inFINSible
07-28-2006, 03:49 PM
i have the winning lotto numbers. use at your own risk....

they are......
4 8 15 16 23 42
cool.....same as last night.

PhinFan8589
07-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I have sources that tell me that Chiefs OT Willie Roaf will retire

I wont reveal my source

phinfanfrommd
07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
cool.....same as last night.

those numbers are from the abc show "Lost". dude on the show hurley wins using those numbers, really trippy stuff, watch when your not clear eyed

SpurzN703
07-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I love when people on web-boards are like "I have sources." Who do you talk to that is near enough to Jason Allen and/or the Dolphins to actually know that? I'm not trying to rail on you, because for all I know you may be Nick Saban's son (Son of Saban, lol) or you may work for the Dolphins, but it still seems kind of questionable. More likely you have a friend with sources, or another website with sources. But hey, I hope you're right. And if you are, maybe I'll concede that possibly, there exists a chance you do have sources.

1,500+ posts to 71 posts

I'm going with 1,500 :wink:

phinatic8818
07-28-2006, 04:03 PM

lmao hopefullr hes signed

Mcganiel
07-28-2006, 04:21 PM

I wont reveal my source

Yeah NFL.com:lol: :lol: :lol:

SpurzN703
07-28-2006, 04:33 PM

I wont reveal my source

:lol:

My sources tell me Lance Bass will come out and that Floyd Landis guy cheated apparently. It's a hush hush situation

Phineas64
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Any sources on our other potential hold-out, Hagan?
My sources (Finheaven posts) tell me he's signed already... :D

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 04:39 PM
1,500+ posts to 71 posts

Because the number of posts someone has is a direct equivalent to that person's intelligence and reliability. Awesome point.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Because the number of posts someone has is a direct equivalent to that person's intelligence and reliability. Awesome point.

generally a person with more posts builds up a certain amount of respectability

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm fairly aware of how things work at a forum. I was just pointing out that even with 1500 posts, saying you have "sources" is still kind of silly. I wasn't trying to start a fight or any sort of large war. I was just poking some fun. I thought my post was worded to where it'd be obvious it was all in jest.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-28-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm fairly aware of how things work at a forum. I was just pointing out that even with 1500 posts, saying you have "sources" is still kind of silly. I wasn't trying to start a fight or any sort of large war. I was just poking some fun. I thought my post was worded to where it'd be obvious it was all in jest.

Not if you have read some of the posts before and know if the guy could actually have a source or not.

DUB
07-28-2006, 04:46 PM

Exactly, my "sources" AKA common sense tells me he will sign this weekend.:D

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Alright, now apply my logic to this situation. How many people who have legitimate sources hang around web forums and make fairly general predictions like "he'll sign... by the end of the week." Again, not trying to fight with you, but that doesn't exactly seem like it'd add up. Maybe he does have a source, and God bless him, but ease of me a bit, ya know? It's not like I insulted someone's family.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
It is ok. I just get sick of people getting all up in arms because someone they says they have a source. Everytime this happens over half of the messages are how they don't have a source, which will just discourage people who actually have sources from posting.

Especially sick of it when the person is someone who has been a member of the board for a while and then he is questioned by a newbie. At least wait until the next time he says has a source to try to call out the guy if he was right or wrong. I have seen this conversation at least 10 times with JuniorSeau55 alone.

unluckyluciano
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
It is ok. I just get sick of people getting all up in arms because someone they says they have a source. Everytime this happens over half of the messages are how they don't have a source, which will just discourage people who actually have sources from posting.

Especially sick of it when the person is someone who has been a member of the board for a while and then he is questioned by a newbie. At least wait until the next time he says has a source to try to call out the guy if he was right or wrong. I have seen this conversation at least 10 times with JuniorSeau55 alone.

Was he right?

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Fair enough. You even got to call me a newbie.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM
by your join date, you are pretty new.

NatCyn
07-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't deny that. But we all have to start sometime, don't we? If it makes ya feel better, I've been a Dolphins fan since I was about four (or whatever age you could argue one becomes cognizant of, and begins to enjoy football). I guess that's why that hit me wrong, yeah, I'm a newbie by web-board standards, but definitely not a Johnny-Come-Lately in terms of how long I've been a Dolphins fan. So um, yeah...

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I didn't mean newbie Dolphin fan. Just a newbie to the board. In five years you will get what I am saying about the sources.

(I didn't join the first few years I came to the site, I was a part of a different board. I didn't want to go to two boards.)

enigmatics
07-28-2006, 06:23 PM
..........my sources tell me that I'll be spending quite some time in the restroom after the burrito I had for lunch.

Dors156
07-28-2006, 06:33 PM
..........my sources tell me that I'll be spending quite some time in the restroom after the burrito I had for lunch.

:lol:

FinFrenzy
07-28-2006, 06:52 PM
A source (I can't mention his name) posted that Allen would sign..........:lol:

tmny99
07-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I think this will be a hold-out but for only a few days. Unlike Ronnie Brown's 3 week hold-out to, I guess, get a contract of only 5 years. I cannot believe it to this day that we signed the #2 overall last year to only 5 years. So they can hardline Allen and not back down from 6 years and let him hold-out most of camp which could end up wasting his first season, or give him 5 years and let him make the most of those 5 years. They let the #2 overall dictate a 5 year contract, why not the 16th.

Just when he's in his prime we will have to either extend his or Chamber's contract because they're both able to become FA's after 2009. And then use the Franchise Tag on one.

Anyone remember when there was talk about KC trading Larry Johnson for a safety like Artruro Freeman! So many people said he sucked but what a heist that would've been. Then we could have spent the #2 on Merriman or Ware. Two guys who probably would have signed 6, if not 7 year contracts! :tantrum:

If IF was a fifth we'd all be drunk as hell.

rafael
07-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't see why somebody claiming sources is so hard to believe. When I lived in S. FL. many years ago my (or my friend's or my family's) paths often intersected with Dolphin personnel. I've hung out with players, cheerleaders and office personnel at non-team related events on several occasions. Additionally, I've met Wayne Huizenga and Dan Marino a couple of times (again not at games or Dolphin events). I've even worked out with Dolphin players. Back then I was the same age as the players so you'd meet them at parties and such. So, when someone who's a regular, long time poster says they have sources, I don't find that so hard to believe.

jdang307
07-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Exactly, people know people. Out here in California, we met a few sources because my buddy knows the biggest club owner in San Diego and the whole circle of friends. We met and ran into a lot of football people (players agents celebrities etc.) during the super bowl when it was in San Diego (Jan 2003). A few players we took out from an unnamed team were vigorously asking for some weed. The Fox Sports super bowl party was held at my friends club. Kind of dead, not too many showed up but saw Sally, Tom Arnold, etc. and curiously Stuart Scott, I'm not kidding.

Anyways we ended up becoming friends with an agent in Orange County, and sometimes we get tidbits of stuff, some of it inside info. One night we actually partied with Deshaun Foster right after Stephen Davis went down. Then the next week I think Foster got injured for the rest of the year haha. Only a couple of people actually recognized him.

Anyway my point is I don't consider myself an "inside" football person at all, far from it, but even I would have a "source" sometimes just from having a couple of drinks from someone in that field.

shadpop
07-28-2006, 07:59 PM
as each player signs with other teams the hold outs get a watermark as to what they are worth.allen will sign very shortly. saban will not let him be a distraction.now the pressure starts to be on him and his reputation. :dolphins:

Funkymonks
07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
whats that smell. it smells like bulls***

Fresh
07-28-2006, 08:36 PM
my aunt's financial broker told me the same.....

rainmaker1313
07-28-2006, 08:51 PM
he meant Sauces (not sources)

cnc66
07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
he meant Sauces (not sources)

I like saucy broads...

BlitPhinFan
07-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I like saucy broads...

:deadhorse

PhinBeck
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL why bash a guy that says he has sources, how do you KNOW he doesnt? Maybe the better approach would be saying "I hope your right" oh I am saying that by the way. I know fin fans get disappointed when a statement is proved false, but it hasnt been negated yet.

BIGJ
07-28-2006, 09:49 PM
dont worry man I remember last year will poole got hurt in training camp, before they reported it someone posted it and people here ragged him. they were all eating crow the next day.

oodolphins
07-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Come to me after he's signed... I wont mention no sources..

Nice English. :shakeno:

Fin Fan in Cali
07-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Nice English. :shakeno:Fixed!:D

Adam First
07-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I hear these rumors on the....internets

GCD960
07-28-2006, 11:28 PM
End of the week is Saturday. Or do you mean end of the week as in next weekend?

Can we get an answer on this one?

Im thinking the end of next week, meaning August 5th or 6th but that is just a guess.

To all that think this aint much of an insight because 1 week isnt much time into TC, Ronnie held out for a few weeks so if a guy has a source saying 1 week, it can be substantial.

And yeah, a guy who has just joined should not call a guy out about a source, we have seen info on here countless times be correct before the public was aware.

dolfanate1
07-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Nice thread. Sources or not, the average fan would deduce from Huizenga's comments that regardless of missing the initial reporting deadline that there is a significant chance that he signs 1-2 days after. So where is the real news here?

DefensiveEnd#76
07-29-2006, 02:41 AM

Who's your "source"? Ms. Cleo?

rainmaker1313
07-29-2006, 04:45 AM

Hey lay off the sauce man! :spit:

slyfox13
07-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Come see me after he's signed... I wont mention my sources..:wink:yeah well i will espn, sirius radio, si, and foxsports, all say the same thing. Lmao:shakeno:

3Ply Stagliano
07-29-2006, 08:05 AM
I wont mention my sources.
Is it the devil? Was there some soul selling going on? That would be exciting but maybe you're contractually obliged not to mention it, what with the signing in blood and everything.

King Felix
07-29-2006, 08:07 AM
:lol: he just threw out a easy date.

FIN-IN-RI
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
LOL why bash a guy that says he has sources, how do you KNOW he doesnt? Maybe the better approach would be saying "I hope your right" oh I am saying that by the way. I know fin fans get disappointed when a statement is proved false, but it hasnt been negated yet.

He does have a poor track record though..

finfan54
07-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Allen will sign soon because others drafted before him have just signed and when more sign today and tommorrow, we narrow down the market.

PhinGeneral
07-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Allen will sign soon because others drafted before him have just signed and when more sign today and tommorrow, we narrow down the market.

To that extent it's probably dependent on the length of the contract for those picks in front of Allen. From what I understand they're already pretty much in agreement on the financial terms.

RiderOnTheStorm
07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
If the only sticking point is the length of the deal, then I would imagine it would be resolved over the next couple of days especially as Wayne Huizenga has stated that the deal has to be done asap.

mamalman
07-29-2006, 01:24 PM

Your HINDSIGHT is perfect because Im sure you realize that NOONE saw "Merriman" or "Ware" as a top 2 pick and had Saban chosen either one,he'd have been a laughing stock.
And you know how those hybrid Olb/De types LOOOOVE to sign contracts a year or two longer than Rbs.......What exactly was the point of your post?Maybe I accentuated the obtuse too much,or maybe I bit my hypothetical tongue while responding to an innane "what if"and was far too leinient

mamalman
07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
dont worry man I remember last year will poole got hurt in training camp, before they reported it someone posted it and people here ragged him. they were all eating crow the next day.

Interesting "for instance" except that Poole's injury was reported almost instantly by the AP and likewise by many who post here.Maybe he was scoffed at for 5 minutes but a day is ludicris

Jimi
07-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Interesting "for instance" except that Poole's injury was reported almost instantly by the AP and likewise by many who post here.Maybe he was scoffed at for 5 minutes but a day is ludicris

Npe sorry i can vouch for that guy. We knew Poole got injured but didnt know how seriously. He told us it was a tear and it didnt hit the news till the next day. I believe it was Press who broke us the news.

mamalman
07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I didn't mean newbie Dolphin fan. Just a newbie to the board. In five years you will get what I am saying about the sources.

(I didn't join the first few years I came to the site, I was a part of a different board. I didn't want to go to two boards.)

Not only did you try and make a guy who has 3000+posts sound like hes more "in the know" than a guy with a job,family,obligations that go beyond feeding the ferret..And fail.You actually tried to make yourself sound even less relevent to the real world by stating that you have prior YEARS of online mundaneness..
Ill go with the "50 post guy" and his questioning of the kid with the "sources" that are only in his head.

I have a "source" that says Miami will practice INSIDE A BUBBLE when it rains!!!!!!No way huh?:goof:

mamalman
07-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Npe sorry i can vouch for that guy. We knew Poole got injured but didnt know how seriously. He told us it was a tear and it didnt hit the news till the next day. I believe it was Press who broke us the news.

Yes it was the AP wire 20 minutes after the fact and while he was CARTED OFF THE FIELD WITH AN OBVIOUS KNEE INJURY,perhaps a few people thought "Mosquito bite" and not the ACL/MCL/PCL injury that usually applies to the care he received:shakeno:

juniorseau55
07-29-2006, 02:21 PM

Yes I do

fishfan34
07-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Exactly! "Press Coverage" posted it here on FinHeaven at about 9:45 or so that night and nothing else was said about it until the morning papers the next morning. EVERYONE for those 7-8 hours or so were KILLING PC until it broke, then crow was served, and I took mine extra crispy. lol

juniorseau55
07-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Well The deal won't be finalized until sunday and will be announced sometime between monday- thursday....

rafael
07-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes it was the AP wire 20 minutes after the fact and while he was CARTED OFF THE FIELD WITH AN OBVIOUS KNEE INJURY,perhaps a few people thought "Mosquito bite" and not the ACL/MCL/PCL injury that usually applies to the care he received:shakeno:

I don't know where you got your facts but PressCoverage was lambasted for more than 20 minutes. The archives don't seem to go back that far so I can't find the initial post, but here's a link to another thread discussing how badly he was treated.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78822

And here's a link to PressCoverage's subsequent thread showing a Sun-sentinel report supporting his breaking news.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78805

This appears to be the next day after an 8 page thread calling PC a liar. It's possible that every other poster and news agency missed the AP wire you saw but it seems more likely that your claim of 20 minutes is inaccurate.

Disnardo
07-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Well The deal won't be finalized until sunday and will be announced sometime between monday- thursday....Stick to your guns junior...stick to your guns...

BIGJ
07-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't know where you got your facts but PressCoverage was lambasted for more than 20 minutes. The archives don't seem to go back that far so I can't find the initial post, but here's a link to another thread discussing how badly he was treated.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78822

And here's a link to PressCoverage's subsequent thread showing a Sun-sentinel report supporting his breaking news.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78805

This appears to be the next day after an 8 page thread calling PC a liar. It's possible that every other poster and news agency missed the AP wire you saw but it seems more likely that your claim of 20 minutes is inaccurate.

great research man I knew I remembered correctly.

fishfan34
07-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Well The deal won't be finalized until sunday and will be announced sometime between monday- thursday....
If the deal is finalized on Sunday, wouldn't they announce it right away so that he could practice Monday am? If he's signed, i'm sure he'll be on the practice field, which would kind of give it away that he's signed wouldn't it?

FinsOnTop
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
:poke: I can't believe your sources lied to you. Can't trust anyone these days.

FinsFan71
07-30-2006, 06:58 PM

Hmmmm. I hope your sources are right. We could really use him and he needs to be in camp as soon as possible. We don't want him to fall behind schedule and ruin his chances of starting.

Gonk
07-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Allen is one of only 5 first-round picks who haven't been signed yet. Bad news for us is that picks 17-32 were all signed to 5 year deals. It might be a bit hard trying to pull out a 6 year deal with that kind of leverage for Allen.

Dors156
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
allen should sign very very very soon.tye hill just signed on not to long ago and he was the pick before jason

njphinatic1
07-30-2006, 07:13 PM
:tantrum: :evil:YOUR JOIN DATE ON THIS SIGHT SHOULD NOT QUALIFY WETHER YOU KNOW MORE OR LESS THEN THE NEXT PERSON ! :fire:

BlitPhinFan
07-30-2006, 07:27 PM
:tantrum: :evil:YOUR JOIN DATE ON THIS SIGHT SHOULD NOT QUALIFY WETHER YOU KNOW MORE OR LESS THEN THE NEXT PERSON ! :fire:
/me hoses njphinatic1 down.

It's okay man, most of us understand that.

/me offers njphinatic1 some carrot cake.

:peace:

Fresh
07-30-2006, 07:28 PM
juniorseau55 did this when we were after David Boston too, and was completely wrong about everything. We winded up trading for Boston about 2-3 weeks after he said it was official & would be announced in a few days, and it wasn't for what he said it would be either. :rolleyes2

Lungoystr
07-30-2006, 08:31 PM
1,500+ posts to 71 posts

Yeah, I fell into that trap once on these boards and made a complete *** of myself. Presscoverage decided to give us some inside info (Will Poole's season-ending injury) here on his very first post. Of course I, along with many others that probably won't admit it, gave him hell about it. Well, he was correct in his prediction. He broke news before ANYONE (news, papers, rumor sites, etc.). It wasn't a stretch either. Things went down EXACTLY as he said. Of course I had a huge plate of crow to eat but he was cool about all of the chastizing. So, don't use post count as the basis of reliability......you could get served. Some of us actually do have inside sources but more often than not we keep things to ourselves because of the BS (much like the BS I gave Press) we would have to deal with if we post that info.

Dolphan23
07-30-2006, 08:56 PM

I wont reveal my source

LOL! I have sources that told me Emmitt Smith will make the HOF as well :)

CubanCulebra
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
I believe!!!

Now here's a source I can get behind. SHOUT IT OUT BROTHA!!!

:shout: I BELIEVE :shout:I BELIEVE :shout:I BELIEVE :shout:I BELIEVE

KTOWNFINFAN
07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Well the whole inside source deal is a load of crap anyway. I don't care if you are Saban or Jason Allen. There is no way you can predict how the negs will go. Unless you are willing to play for less than you are worth just to get the deal done, they are guessing just like the rest of us.
I will believe it when he is at his press conf. saying he is signed. Until then he is not yet a fin.

njphinatic1
07-30-2006, 09:50 PM
you have no sources except espn.

pezinkj
07-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Allen is one of only 5 first-round picks who haven't been signed yet. Bad news for us is that picks 17-32 were all signed to 5 year deals.

Only picks 1 thru 16 can sign 6 year deals. Thats why 17 - 32 signed 5 year Deals.

LtDan
07-30-2006, 10:25 PM
source is looking pretty weak....yell up the basement stairs and tell your mom she was wrong......j/k

Aussiefinfan54
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
yeah well i hope your mystery source is correct

Dors156
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
hes gotta sign soon hill and greenway signed he should be next

TotoreMexico
07-30-2006, 10:53 PM

:liar:

SpurzN703
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM

It has absolutely nothing to do with someone being intelligent. This guy is either telling us the truth, or is lying/was lied to by his 'source'. Either way, I don't care. I said I'd go with him over someone with less then 100 posts. End of story

Winbaby#23
07-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Well The deal won't be finalized until sunday and will be announced sometime between monday- thursday....this comment here makes me think your nose is growing. If they signed him sunday, they would not wait until thursday to announce it. He would be in camp monday morning and the press conference would be monday morning. :shakeno:

SpurzN703
07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I dont get why someone would say they have sources with inside info if they really don't.

And a guy in this thread said something to the affect of he'd side with the 50 post FH member over the 3,000 b/c at least the 50 post FH member has a life, job etc... instead of being on here all the time.

Why is it not possible to have both a life and the time to post here 50 times a day?

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM

it does give an indication of if you know the posters on this board.

Roman529
07-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Most first rounders are signed ....hope Allen signs soon...he needs to learn the system.

mamalman
07-30-2006, 11:37 PM

:tantrum:In REALITY it has no bearing whatsoever.In the minds of a few,it allows you to lose the "noob" tag that mental midgets use when they get flustered by the written word and are at a loss to retaliate like an adult.
If Allen had "agreed on a contract Sunday"It would have been announced.Period.There is no strategic benefit in allowing him to miss practice because someone wants everyone to think hes unsigned.
I can type a "source" tidbit also.
My "SOURCE" says that ALL of the draft picks from rounds 4-7 will be signed by Aug.25th.
AND,a Cinccinatti Bengal will be arrested in Sept who is NOT a WR.
Huge stretches huh?:rolleyes2

whatsburning
07-31-2006, 01:20 AM
:liar:
Ha ha!

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-31-2006, 01:31 AM
:tantrum:In REALITY it has no bearing whatsoever.In the minds of a few,it allows you to lose the "noob" tag that mental midgets use when they get flustered by the written word and are at a loss to retaliate like an adult.
If Allen had "agreed on a contract Sunday"It would have been announced.Period.There is no strategic benefit in allowing him to miss practice because someone wants everyone to think hes unsigned.
My "SOURCE" says that ALL of the draft picks from rounds 4-7 will be signed by Aug.25th.

No, a person who is here longer tend to know more about people who post on this board. If you are a newbie you could be someone who knows a lot about football and the dolphins but don't know if poster A has a source or if poster B is an agent in real life or something.

For some reason newbies have a better chance of being jerks who like to try to point out that maybe the person's source isn't real by mocking the poster or making some sarcastic remark about them having a source then writing something witty that this fake source has said. Which is something I don't understand. It is like some people just get jealous because they wish they had a source or because the person is getting the attention that they want and never got from their daddy or something as immature.

miami234ever
07-31-2006, 01:35 AM
I can't believe all of this is over one more year in his contract. One freakin year! I think it's just because it's two stubborn sides trying to work together.:shakeno:

NatCyn
07-31-2006, 02:54 AM
Whoa I'm getting ripped up. I was just busting balls, jeez.

slyfox13
07-31-2006, 05:17 AM
I love when people on web-boards are like "I have sources." Who do you talk to that is near enough to Jason Allen and/or the Dolphins to actually know that? I'm not trying to rail on you, because for all I know you may be Nick Saban's son (Son of Saban, lol) or you may work for the Dolphins, but it still seems kind of questionable. More likely you have a friend with sources, or another website with sources. But hey, I hope you're right. And if you are, maybe I'll concede that possibly, there exists a chance you do have sources. and my little birdy tells me that sign by the end of the week too cause he just bought a million dollar mansion in GA and you can defer payment just so long lmao:shakeno:

Alex44
07-31-2006, 05:18 AM
No, a person who is here longer tend to know more about people who post on this board. If you are a newbie you could be someone who knows a lot about football and the dolphins but don't know if poster A has a source or if poster B is an agent in real life or something.

For some reason newbies have a better chance of being jerks who like to try to point out that maybe the person's source isn't real by mocking the poster or making some sarcastic remark about them having a source then writing something witty that this fake source has said. Which is something I don't understand. It is like some people just get jealous because they wish they had a source or because the person is getting the attention that they want and never got from their daddy or something as immature.

Like when I post something without a link people generally believe me, because even if they dont like me I dont make up and spread rumors around here. A noob doesnt have credability they earn it.

King Felix
07-31-2006, 05:39 AM
:lol: now i remember why i hate the zoo

EndZone13
07-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Well, he's already spending his money. He just bid and bought a million dollar home that was auctioned off in Georgia. maybe it's for his Mom. She said no comment when asked questions. He needs to sign to get that paid for anyway.
He won't be too far behind if he gets in the next day or so.

:dolphins:

ROCHESTERPHISH
07-31-2006, 08:11 AM
great source

phintastic
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
I have sources that say Bennie Anderson will return to camp this week :-)!

rafael
07-31-2006, 08:34 AM

The difference is that nobody here knows you. If somebody is around for a few years and posts 1500 times you can see that person's tendencies. Are they rude or knowledgable? Are their facts or arguments unsupported?Do they try to make statements to pump up their importance, etc. That posting history provides a baseline for your credibility. A newbi has no baseline. In your case you have 14 posts and several of those were claiming incorrect facts about when the AP wire posted news. Not a great start to establishing your credibility.

eric-in-tx
07-31-2006, 08:58 AM
my sources tell me that allen will eventualy sign!

SpurzN703
07-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Whoa I'm getting ripped up. I was just busting balls, jeez.

Hey man all I said was I'd feel more confident in someone with more posts here only b/c of experience. There is no rule saying someone who just joined this site last month is an idiot. I'm sure the majority of folks on here know a lot about our team and the NFL in general.

It just seems some folks are getting offended by some preferences to the posters with more of a history here

772finatic
07-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Jason Allen needs to get his *** in camp!

Amars
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
your source sucks. My sources tell me this thread was a :spam: thread

Philter25
08-01-2006, 03:12 PM

My sources say your sources are full of sheeeezit. So the deal was finalized 2 days ago and they just chose NOT to announce it so Allen can sit at home and relax and NOT be with the team? Mmmmmmmmmkay.

late again
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
My sources say your sources are full of sheeeezit. So the deal was finalized 2 days ago and they just chose NOT to announce it so Allen can sit at home and relax and NOT be with the team? Mmmmmmmmmkay.

Well, yeah, of course. He just bought a new home, y'know?

late again
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
By the way: Philter25 were have you been keeping yourself? This is kind of a rare appearance for you. You used to spread your own brand of sunshine here rather often, but that seems to be a thing of the past. Did you move on to bigger and better things?

PhinsRock
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Geez, at this point I'd say your sources really suck. Been 4 days since you started this thread, nothing yet . . .

Big Free
08-02-2006, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the "inside information". Continue to keep us posted with your "inside information".

juniorseau55
08-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Sorry guys, My sources were wrong and I'm man enough to post them. The person who I had the sources from told me that they rejected a deal.

juniorseau55
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
More likely guys, I think Jason Allen might be holding out for a year almost or until september.

Nappy Roots
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
More likely guys, I think Jason Allen might be holding out for a year almost or until september.

:sidelol:

Philter25
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM
By the way: Philter25 were have you been keeping yourself? This is kind of a rare appearance for you. You used to spread your own brand of sunshine here rather often, but that seems to be a thing of the past. Did you move on to bigger and better things? The main boards just got taken over with a lot of crap. You need to sort through 30 pages of BS to find one good post. By the time you find that good post, it gets filled with crap. I read the main boards every once in awhile, usually whenever I do, it reminds me why I dont waste my time posting on the main boards anymore. There are still a handful of guys on here I like to read their opinions. But for every educated guy on the main board here, it seems like there are 50 goons. This site was awesome a year ago, the main boards were not as busy and you could get an intelligent debate or read good insight from other guys. The main boards have just turned to crap throughout this year. FH has had a lot more traffic over the past year, but it hasnt all been good traffic posterwise.... thanks for the holla though. Its greatly appreciated.

enigmatics
08-03-2006, 10:01 AM
The main boards just got taken over with a lot of crap. You need to sort through 30 pages of BS to find one good post. By the time you find that good post, it gets filled with crap. I read the main boards every once in awhile, usually whenever I do, it reminds me why I dont waste my time posting on the main boards anymore. There are still a handful of guys on here I like to read their opinions. But for every educated guy on the main board here, it seems like there are 50 goons. This site was awesome a year ago, the main boards were not as busy and you could get an intelligent debate or read good insight from other guys. The main boards have just turned to crap throughout this year. FH has had a lot more traffic over the past year, but it hasnt all been good traffic posterwise.... thanks for the holla though. Its greatly appreciated.

Amen to that. Been sayin' it for quite some time now.