PDA

View Full Version : Davis highest paid TE

phinfanfrommd
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Vernon Davis is now the hghest paid TE in the NFL. Post your opinions, im sure there will be alot.

Alex44
07-29-2006, 09:30 PM
He hasnt earned it, but IMO he will be near unstopable

jbyrd423
07-29-2006, 09:31 PM
dont think he deserves to be the highest paid just yet but the guy is a beast. runs in the 4.4s i believe which is amazing for a tighend

phinfanfrommd
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
i agree, dude is a freak of nature. saw a lot of him, i went to all but one home game last year. him and merriman were two dudes who always got the crowd pumped.

dominizzo
07-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Vernon Davis IMO will be the Top Tier TE in History Of NFL!!

HE will shatter Shannon Sharpes records but he needs Alex Smoth to be a good QB

Dors156
07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
i cant wait to see this guy play.hes been a favorite of mine at maryland.i hope he dominates

Nappy Roots
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Vernon Davis IMO will be the Top Tier TE in History Of NFL!!

HE will shatter Shannon Sharpes records but he needs Alex Smoth to be a good QB

:sidelol:

dominizzo
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey Twin Stop laughing man!! HE will be a special Athlete and best TE

Silverphin
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
your crazy Dom. Hes in SF. He has Alex Smith throwing him the ball, not John Elway.

:sidelol:

Nappy Roots
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey Twin Stop laughing man!! HE will be a special Athlete and best TE

your crazy Dom. Hes in SF. He has Alex Smith throwing him the ball, not John Elway.

dominizzo
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Mabey Alex will pan out

phinfanfrommd
07-30-2006, 11:50 PM
i cant wait to see this guy play.hes been a favorite of mine at maryland.i hope he dominates

i was in one of his classes when I was at MD for one semester. he never showed! seriously he came to like 3 classes. hahahaha

dominizzo
07-30-2006, 11:56 PM
i was in one of his classes when I was at MD for one semester. he never showed! seriously he came to like 3 classes. hahahaha

I guess Football is his life

Roman529
07-31-2006, 12:10 AM
He hasn't done a thing yet....if I am Randy McMichael I would be pissed.

dominizzo
07-31-2006, 12:13 AM
RAndy is the best !! Im a HOmer LOOL

Nappy Roots
07-31-2006, 10:48 AM

:confused:

why, first of all, Randy isnt the best TE in football, and 2nd of all, this happens every year. wasnt Ronnie Brown the highest paid RB when he signed??

playmaker1
07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
I can't wait to see him play. A big TE is every struggling QBs best friend. I mean who's gonna cover Davis, a LB. I don't think so. He will have a big year.

phinfanfrommd
08-01-2006, 12:30 AM
:confused:

why, first of all, Randy isnt the best TE in football, and 2nd of all, this happens every year. wasnt Ronnie Brown the highest paid RB when he signed??

deffinetly not

Nappy Roots
08-01-2006, 12:43 AM
deffinetly not

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Brown received a five-year contract that has a maximum value of nearly $35 million, if Brown reaches predetermined performance and playing time levels. The guaranteed portion of the contract, which is $19.5 million-$20 million is among the most lucrative ever for a non-quarterback.

unifiedtheory
08-01-2006, 12:45 AM
This is EXACTLY why the NFL needed to write in a rookie cap in the new CBA.

The fact that guys step into the league, without ever playing a snap of NFL football and are the highest paid players at their position is bull **** in my opinion.

playmaker1
08-01-2006, 01:54 AM
This is EXACTLY why the NFL needed to write in a rookie cap in the new CBA.

The fact that guys step into the league, without ever playing a snap of NFL football and are the highest paid players at their position is bull **** in my opinion.

I agree http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/thyes-1.gif

Alex44
08-01-2006, 01:56 AM

And if I was Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez id be REALLY pissed

Joey 22
08-01-2006, 05:11 AM
And if I was Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez id be REALLY pissed

Shockley, Heap or Crumpler...

Springveldt
08-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Shockley, Heap or Crumpler...
None of those 3 guys are in the same class as Gates or Gonzalez.
Totally agree on the rookie cap, I just can't understand how a young guy who has never played a down in his life in the NFL can walk in and be the highest paid player in the league at his position. It's total madness as everyone agree's the draft is a lottery and it can royally screw up a teams cap number for years.
Davis is a special athlete but that doesn't guarantee success, plenty of examples of guys with his kind of athletic talent not succeeding in the NFL. There is more to being an NFL player than just being big and fast (although that really does help. :) )

Alex44
08-02-2006, 05:33 AM
None of those 3 guys are in the same class as Gates or Gonzalez.
Totally agree on the rookie cap, I just can't understand how a young guy who has never played a down in his life in the NFL can walk in and be the highest paid player in the league at his position. It's total madness as everyone agree's the draft is a lottery and it can royally screw up a teams cap number for years.
Davis is a special athlete but that doesn't guarantee success, plenty of examples of guys with his kind of athletic talent not succeeding in the NFL. There is more to being an NFL player than just being big and fast (although that really does help. :) )

No but they are all in a class above Davis at this point though

Shockey could be the best.....he just for some reason hasnt truely broken out yet

newbetterbucs05
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
The guy hasn't even prooved anything yet. No way he deserves to be the highest paid TE in the NFL. The 49ers must be really really desperate:rolleyes:

ThePats
08-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Unproven rookies get an awfull lot of money these days eh?

Now Im not saying they wont be good or great, but they are unproven and who says they dont turn out to be busts. They should have to prove themselves in the NFL before they get a major pay day.

Springveldt
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
No but they are all in a class above Davis at this point though
Shockey could be the best.....he just for some reason hasnt truely broken out yet
Agreed they are above Davis just now. Don't agree about Shockey, overrated imho. :D Just can't see him dominating the way Gates or Gonzalez does.

Chavez Ravine
08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Vernon Davis is now the hghest paid TE in the NFL. Post your opinions, im sure there will be alot.

This is what I think is stupid about the NFL.

I prefer the NBA "cap" to the NFL. Rookies are capped until they prove they can play. Veterans are free to make mad jack. Basically if you've proven yourself you can get paid.

tampafinfan9201
08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
i think he should prove that he deserves to be the highest paid TE. there r how many other TEs who have proven day in and day out that they r the best.

3rd and long
08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
This is what I think is stupid about the NFL.

I prefer the NBA "cap" to the NFL. Rookies are capped until they prove they can play. Veterans are free to make mad jack. Basically if you've proven yourself you can get paid.

I agree. The only difference is likelihood of career-threatening injury, which makes it harder for Football to have an incremental, incentive based system.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
that's a lot of money for a glorified H-back.