PDA

View Full Version : PFC Jessica Lynch?

themole
04-12-2003, 10:34 PM
I have a question...and please don't take this the wrong way because I'm very proud of her as an American Soldier. But....I would like to know why Jessica is being considered a "Hero" ? Maybe she is...I certainly haven't bothered to look up the true definition of hero...but I thought a war hero was someone that did something above and beyond the call of duty

Your thoughts please.

WharfRat
04-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by themole
I have a question...and please don't take this the wrong way because I'm very proud of her as an American Soldier. But....I would like to know why Jessica is being considered a "Hero" ? Maybe she is...I certainly haven't bothered to look up the true definition of hero...but I thought a war hero was someone that did something above and beyond the call of duty

Your thoughts please.

From what I understand... before her capture, she stood and fought... kept firing her weapon until she was out of ammo, and took out a few Iraqis .... there is speculation that this is why her legs, ankle, and arm were broken...

Not sure how much of that is true... just what I heard....

iceblizzard69
04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
I would say she is a hero, the reason why they kept her alive was to torture her because of the amount of damage she did. She kept on firing her gun until it ran out of bullets. By firing a gun, espicially the way she did, she did do something that was above and beyond the call of duty, so if you use that as the definition of a hero, she is definitely a hero.

themole
04-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
By firing a gun, espicially the way she did, she did do something that was above and beyond the call of duty, so if you use that as the definition of a hero, she is definitely a hero.

That's absurd...the duty of every Soldier & Marine, is to fire their weapon and kill the enemy. Not fireing it in that situation would most certainly get you branded as just the opposite of a "hero" and that's a "Coward". Fireing your weapon at the enemy does not make you a hero but it does qualify you as a brave soldier though.

As I said...I don't begrudge her "hero" status. I'm just curious if that distinction was bestowed upon her by the "Media" or the "Military".

WharfRat
04-12-2003, 11:58 PM
That's absurd...the duty of every Soldier & Marine, is to fire their weapon and kill the enemy. Not fireing it in that situation would most certainly get you branded as just the opposite of a "hero" and that's a "Coward". Fireing your weapon at the enemy does not make you a hero but it does qualify you as a brave soldier though.

As I said...I don't begrudge her "hero" status. I'm just curious if that distinction was bestowed upon her by the "Media" or the "Military".

you have a good point.... but calling it "absurd" may be a bit too strong....
For a 19yr old girl in a non-combat transportation unit, to keep firing when her comrades are dying and surrendering... and NOT throwing her hands up and giving up, IMHO deserves kudos...
I don't think the term "hero" in this circumstance justifies giving her the bronze star.... but to call her a hero is not a stretch.
JMHO

themole
04-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
you have a good point.... but calling it "absurd" may be a bit too strong....
For a 19yr old girl in a non-combat transportation unit, to keep firing when her comrades are dying and surrendering... and NOT throwing her hands up and giving up, IMHO deserves kudos...
I don't think the term "hero" in this circumstance justifies giving her the bronze star.... but to call her a hero is not a stretch.
JMHO

No doubt...Wharf... No doubt. My point to Ice was "Fireing your weapon at the enemy" is not "Heroic" it is a necessity.

Hey...they are all heros in my book, but...Is jessie a "Audie Murphy"...Na.
I'm afraid the "media" is going run wild with this.

I think for the reasons you mentioned above the media is blowing it out of proportion. There were 48 others on that plane that brought Jessie home today and I haven't heard one of their names mentioned.

I hope the U.S. Army doesn't see a 19 year old girl... but sees a 19 year old Soldier.

I think you see where I'm coming from now.

I don't believe these young women should be anywhere near a combat zone.
OMG...as we speak they talking about changing the rules for women in combat.

WharfRat
04-13-2003, 12:40 AM
No doubt...Wharf... No doubt. My point to Ice was "Fireing your weapon at the enemy" is not "Heroic" it is a necessity.

Hey...they are all heros in my book, but...Is jessie a "Audie Murphy"...Na.
I'm afraid the "media" is going run wild with this.

I think for the reasons you mentioned above the media is blowing it out of proportion. There were 48 others on that plane that brought Jessie home today and I haven't heard one of their names mentioned.

I hope the U.S. Army doesn't see a 19 year old girl... but sees a 19 year old Soldier.

I think you see where I'm coming from now.

I don't believe these young women should be anywhere near a combat zone.
OMG...as we speak they talking about changing the rules for women in combat.

You're right... the media will run wild with it... it's a great P.R. "feel good" story... and I agree it may seem the others are getting shortchanged ... but I'm sure they don't feel that way....

The Army, I'm sure, sees a soldier...period ... not a girl, not a 19yr old, not anything else but a soldier....

I always did see where you were coming from... I wasn't arguing... just trying to point out the perspective being used....

I also agree, wholeheartedly, completely without question, that that young lady should never have been near any enemy forces.... but then, she really wasn't supposed to be...

Perhaps if she was driving, she wouldn't have been (you know how guys never stop for directions) :jk:

themole
04-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
You're right... the media will run wild with it... it's a great P.R. "feel good" story... and I agree it may seem the others are getting shortchanged ... but I'm sure they don't feel that way....

Perhaps if she was driving, she wouldn't have been (you know how guys never stop for directions) :jk:

Wharf...there is some spin going on. I saw an interview with one of the troops that was in that unit...and he said that that truck was exactly where it was supposed to be and there was no wrong turn made.

I was a little confused by the wrong turn scenario anyway. I'm sure you have also spent a little time ridding in a convoy in the back of a duce & half and I just don't see how they could have made the wrong turn without being notified.:confused:

WharfRat
04-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Wharf...there is some spin going on. I saw an interview with one of the troops that was in that unit...and he said that that truck was exactly where it was supposed to be and there was no wrong turn made.

I was a little confused by the wrong turn scenario anyway. I'm sure you have also spent a little time ridding in a convoy in the back of a duce & half and I just don't see how they could have made the wrong turn without being notified.:confused:

I agree....and my comments about the wrong turn were strctly "tongue-in-cheek".
Yes... I've spent plenty of time in convoys... usually in a Bradley (although I do have painful memories of bouncing around in a deuce & 1/2)...and it is hard to make a wrong turn when you're being trakced by everyone.

My first question was: "How does one make a wrong turn in the desert?" Something as simple as a compass will keep you on course....

Agreed ... big spin .. there was no "wrong turn" but the fact remains, for some reason (that the military chooses not to reveal), they should not have been where they were, when they were there...

Barbarian
04-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Well, she was injured allready when they captured her, and she fought on even when injured, and if I remember my medal definitions correctly, continuing to fight the enemy after beeing wounded is grounds for the silver star.

Here are the criteri for the Silver Star:

The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

I believe that she falls into this catagory, so for what she did she is deserving of (IMHO) both the Silver Star and the Purple Heart.

themole
04-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, she was injured allready when they captured her, and she fought on even when injured, and if I remember my medal definitions correctly, continuing to fight the enemy after beeing wounded is grounds for the silver star.

Here are the criteri for the Silver Star:

I believe that she falls into this catagory, so for what she did she is deserving of (IMHO) both the Silver Star and the Purple Heart.

Bararbian...I respectfully disagree (how's that Wharf?):D with Jessicas actions meeting the criteria for the Silver Star,Bronze Star or any of our nations highest metals for heroic deeds in combat.

The DOD gives a much more detailed description of the criteria for these awards. I know this because I recently filed the paper work with them to have my fathers metals and ribbons replaced.

His was a Bronze Star, and of course I read the criteria for recieving this metal.

Jessica will most shurely get the Purple Heart for being wounded in action and there is a metal for being a POW.

Granted we don't know the full details of Jessicas ordeal so she may be eligable for high honors but with what information the media has given us I don't believe she qualifies.

In WWII there were less than 6000 Bronze Stars awarded for heroic and meritorious action and it is just the 3rd highest metal offered for heroism.

I can't see Jessica qualifying for any of these metals of distinction based on the information we have now.

Barbarian
04-13-2003, 03:39 PM
It is possible that I have heard more than you because the valor of her actions definately deserves at least the bronze star, and (IMHO) deserves the Silver star.

She continued fighting after being wounded, killed several of the enemy, and wasn't captured untill she ran out of ammunition.

Then after being taken prisoner she continued to resist her captors at every turn as is evidenced by the rediculous number of woulds and broken bones on her body.

She showed courage and valor in the face of a vastly superior force in a seemingly hopeless situation.

I have done a search for other soldiers that have won the Silver Star, and many of them did no more than PFC Lynch.

If the rules for the silver Star have become more stringent since VietNam, then she might not deserve it, but going by what the award has been given for in the past, she definately deserves it.

t2thejz
04-13-2003, 03:54 PM
I wounldnt go as far as calling her a hero but she is a brave soldier thats deserves some reconigtion

themole
04-13-2003, 05:12 PM
It is possible that I have heard more than you because the valor of her actions definately deserves at least the bronze star, and (IMHO) deserves the Silver star.

She continued fighting after being wounded, killed several of the enemy, and wasn't captured untill she ran out of ammunition.

Then after being taken prisoner she continued to resist her captors at every turn as is evidenced by the rediculous number of woulds and broken bones on her body.

She showed courage and valor in the face of a vastly superior force in a seemingly hopeless situation.

I have done a search for other soldiers that have won the Silver Star, and many of them did no more than PFC Lynch.

If the rules for the silver Star have become more stringent since VietNam, then she might not deserve it, but going by what the award has been given for in the past, she definately deserves it.

Barbarian...Were there any witnesses to her actions? If my memory serves me well (which it usually doesn't):lol: I believe it requires 3 to qualify for the Bronze Star and 5 for the Silver Star.

If Jessica did what you stated... that is certainly Gallant & Meritorious... and makes her eligible. IMO

Jessica, just may be the only woman to ever win one our Nations highest medals.

Last night on Fox there was a woman saying she has started a movement to make sure that our women serving in the military will never serve near a combat zone agian.

I happen to agree with her on this.

Children can make do without their fathers, but I believe they MUST have their mothers in most cases.. unless she has been proven to be unfit.

themole
04-13-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by t2thejz
I wounldnt go as far as calling her a hero but she is a brave soldier thats deserves some reconigtion

t...we will find out soon enough. One or more of the POWs that were rescued today was in her unit.

As I stated in my opening post...I'm very proud of Jessica. She definately deserves some recognition and... perhaps a metal other than the Purple Heart...which in and of itself is nothing to be scoffed at.

PhinPhan1227
04-14-2003, 09:51 AM

Your thoughts please.

I'd say that honorific gets bestowed on anyone who has to endure the kind of captivity she did. I'd say a man deserves it as well, but certainly a woman. She did her duty, and she upheld the values and honor of the uniform. That makes ger a hero in my eyes, in the same way that a fireman running into a burning building. There are some jobs where just PERFORMING the dutie you're suppossed to perfom make you a hero.

themole
04-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I'd say that honorific gets bestowed on anyone who has to endure the kind of captivity she did. I'd say a man deserves it as well, but certainly a woman. She did her duty, and she upheld the values and honor of the uniform. That makes ger a hero in my eyes, in the same way that a fireman running into a burning building. There are some jobs where just PERFORMING the dutie you're suppossed to perfom make you a hero.

1227...As you know...the military rewards its heros, so now the question is: What will be her reward?

Medal of Honor

Distinguished Service Cross

Silver Star

Bronze Star

Purple Heart

LeftCoastPhin
04-14-2003, 05:56 PM
I feel she is a hero, but no more or no less than the other 7 POWS. The media will make a bigger deal out of it because she is a 19 yr old girl. However, I wont let the media skew my image of her because I'm sick of the media. I salute PFC Lynch and all our troops serving.

IMHO she should get the Purple Heart, no more, no less.

themole
04-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I feel she is a hero, but no more or no less than the other 7 POWS. The media will make a bigger deal out of it because she is a 19 yr old girl. However, I wont let the media skew my image of her because I'm sick of the media. I salute PFC Lynch and all our troops serving.

IMHO she should get the Purple Heart, no more, no less.

We share the same sentiments LCP...I don't want the media pushing this and I'm sure neither does PFC Lynch.

There will be more detailed information coming forth now that the other surviving POWs have been rescued.

She is still a hero but...to what degree?

LeftCoastPhin
04-14-2003, 06:52 PM
I laughed in jest/disgust when reports made a big deal that she fired her weapon till it was empty. What is the other alternative?

themole
04-14-2003, 07:06 PM
I laughed in jest/disgust when reports made a big deal that she fired her weapon till it was empty. What is the other alternative?

:lol: After it's empty....I guess...throw it at them! Bless her heart....she did what she had to do...and I do salute her for that.

There's a few that have been on this forum that don't have the gumption she has.:evil:

MoFinz
04-14-2003, 07:16 PM
I only got 2 things to say about Jessica...

1.I'm with Bobby Knight....gimme 7 kids like her and i'd never lose

2. What a babydoll. What man is ever gonna tell her no and not be laughed at after what she's survived ???

themole
04-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MoFinz

2. What a babydoll. What man is ever gonna tell her no and not be laughed at after what she's survived ???

:up:

WharfRat
04-15-2003, 12:38 AM

The other alternative(s)?

- Try to run/hide

- Surrender

Yes.. she surrendered... but not until after she did all she could possibly do.... and after she ran out of ammo.....

If those reports are 100% accurate...

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 08:47 AM
1227...As you know...the military rewards its heros, so now the question is: What will be her reward?

Medal of Honor

Distinguished Service Cross

Silver Star

Bronze Star

Purple Heart

Purple heart...CIB(most guys I knew were more proud of their CIB than any other medals they had)....and a few comendations. That being said, the Army always hands out medals by the bucketful when you have a small conflict with dubious domestic support. They might give all seven Bronze stars, but that would be excessive to me.

MoFinz
04-15-2003, 09:26 AM

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
If you only have two things to say...but you say them twice....does that mean you actually had four things to say?

themole
04-15-2003, 01:44 PM
They might give all seven Bronze stars, but that would be excessive to me.

Absolutely...! Anything from the Bronze up should be reserved for those who go above and beyond the call... and risk their life for the success of the mission and well being of their fellow troops.

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Exactly...Now if it comes out that she emptied her weapon and covered the rest of her unit while some of them escaped, then maybe she'd deserve the Star...even then only if she covered them when she could have escaped herself.

themole
04-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Exactly...Now if it comes out that she emptied her weapon and covered the rest of her unit while some of them escaped, then maybe she'd deserve the Star...even then only if she covered them when she could have escaped herself.

And that my friend would be a... "Hero"... of the HIGHEST order!!! One worth all the :hail:...A... :patriot:!!

:up:

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Lol....I knew there was a reason they aren't SUPPOSSED to give those things out to everybody. That being said I remember reading about a cook in either Panama or Desert Storm I who got the Bronze star for "keeping moral up". The man got the freakin' Star for serving lunch for Christs sakes!!

themole
04-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Lol....I knew there was a reason they aren't SUPPOSSED to give those things out to everybody. That being said I remember reading about a cook in either Panama or Desert Storm I who got the Bronze star for "keeping moral up". The man got the freakin' Star for serving lunch for Christs sakes!!

1227...you may be looking at it from the wrong angle....perhaps....he volunteered to stop "cooking"...thus raising the morale of the troops.:lol:

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Lol....hey, ANYTHING beats those K-rat Omeletts!!! I never did find out what those things were made from!!

LeftCoastPhin
04-15-2003, 02:56 PM
LOL 1227, if I got the Omlette or Ham slice I went hungry. If I got Chicken and Rice, Corn beef hash, or the pasta- like RAT I was a happy man.

Hell, chicken and rice was like gourmet compared to some of them.

themole
04-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Lol....hey, ANYTHING beats those K-rat Omeletts!!! I never did find out what those things were made from!!

:lol: You damn well couldn't find an egg within a hundred miles of it!

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 03:13 PM
LOL 1227, if I got the Omlette or Ham slice I went hungry. If I got Chicken and Rice, Corn beef hash, or the pasta- like RAT I was a happy man.

Hell, chicken and rice was like gourmet compared to some of them.

Heck, the MRE omelette was bad, but the K-rat omelette was from another freakin planet!!!

themole
04-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Heck, the MRE omelette was bad, but the K-rat omelette was from another freakin planet!!!

I was already a hiss and a by word by the time the MREs made on the scene.

PhinPhan1227
04-15-2003, 04:23 PM
MRE's actually aren't bad at all if you get the right ones. HUGE improvement over C-rats, and the chemical heaters they come with are GREAT for keeping your feet warm as well. Only thing is, they give you toxic waste gas after eating them for a few days straight. I can remember a few times when you could see a Hummer with three heads hanging out the windows like dogs because the air inside was so foul!!!! K-rats of course are unchanged since Vietnam.

WharfRat
04-15-2003, 05:05 PM

You don't want to know :nono:

themole
04-15-2003, 05:15 PM
MRE's actually aren't bad at all if you get the right ones. HUGE improvement over C-rats, and the chemical heaters they come with are GREAT for keeping your feet warm as well. Only thing is, they give you toxic waste gas after eating them for a few days straight. I can remember a few times when you could see a Hummer with three heads hanging out the windows like dogs because the air inside was so foul!!!! K-rats of course are unchanged since Vietnam.

:lol: Nothing like a good "fart" to liven the troops up. Especially one in formation!:evil: Nothing funnier.

Barbarian
04-16-2003, 02:40 AM

Thats only because you never had the eggs on the Enterprise... they were green!

and they actually tasted worse than they looked.

I have seen more than a few people running from the galley to go vomit, once we had over 1/3rd of the entire crew down with various degrees of food poisoning.

I kind miss that old rustbucket sometimes, but man everytime I see a McDonalds I sure do appreciate dry land instead. ;)

PhinPhan1227
04-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Thats only because you never had the eggs on the Enterprise... they were green!

and they actually tasted worse than they looked.

I have seen more than a few people running from the galley to go vomit, once we had over 1/3rd of the entire crew down with various degrees of food poisoning.

I kind miss that old rustbucket sometimes, but man everytime I see a McDonalds I sure do appreciate dry land instead. ;)

Sorry man, unless you've SEEN those K-rat omeletts, you can't talk. I've eaten eggs that were a little expired, and they still don't beat 'em. Thos K-rat omeletts were an orangy-brown color, and the consistancy of wet drywall. Whenever they took those out into the field, I always grabbed the dry toast, and about 10 packets of peanut butter instead....yeeech!

themole
04-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Ok...hears the skinny on Jessica as reported by Suzanne Smalley of News Week Mag. on the "Factor".

Truck did not take a wrong turn it broke down and was surrounded by angry towns people.

They were in a fire fight but weapons were mostly jammed due to sand, she reported that one soldier had to load rounds one at a time into the chamber in order to hold off the aggressors.

Jessica... was... wounded and tortured but due to monetery reasons the family is with holding most information for movie and book rights.

Let's hope they make a million on this story.

Barbarian
04-17-2003, 08:19 AM
Sorry man, unless you've SEEN those K-rat omeletts, you can't talk. I've eaten eggs that were a little expired, and they still don't beat 'em. Thos K-rat omeletts were an orangy-brown color, and the consistancy of wet drywall. Whenever they took those out into the field, I always grabbed the dry toast, and about 10 packets of peanut butter instead....yeeech!

Had both of them, and I can still tell you, that while the K-Rats were nasty as hell, the Enterprise eggs were nothing short of sickening.

;)

PhinPhan1227
04-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Well...you've had them both, so I'll defer to your knowledge on the matter...but given the choice between the two, I'll wait till lunch!!

LeftCoastPhin
04-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Ok...hears the skinny on Jessica as reported by Suzanne Smalley of News Week Mag. on the "Factor".

Truck did not take a wrong turn it broke down and was surrounded by angry towns people.

They were in a fire fight but weapons were mostly jammed due to sand, she reported that one soldier had to load rounds one at a time into the chamber in order to hold off the aggressors.

Jessica... was... wounded and tortured but due to monetery reasons the family is with holding most information for movie and book rights.

Let's hope they make a million on this story.

Boy, I dont know about all that. I might be the minority on this but I'm not crazy about the book idea. If she wants to write a book after all the dust blows over, I can understand that. However, I think it's wrong for all the public (taxpayers) to have to buy the book just to find out the basic news. Afterall, it's the taxpayers who foot the bill for this war, who buy all the bullets, weapons, and pay her wages and put her through college so she can be a teacher. Granted, she's earned every penny and then some but I dont think Joe Taxpayer should have to buy a damn book to hear her story.

Also, she is a G.I, therefore unless she retires I think the Army could be entitled to half of her profits. Maybe, maybe not, I'm not sure what to make of that.

PhinPhan1227
04-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Sorry man, I totaly disagree. It's not like the gov pays soldiers in proportion to what they deserve. If a soldier can make some extra coin because of the pain an suffering they went through to defend my ass, I say more power to them.

themole
04-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Boy, I dont know about all that. I might be the minority on this but I'm not crazy about the book idea. If she wants to write a book after all the dust blows over, I can understand that. However, I think it's wrong for all the public (taxpayers) to have to buy the book just to find out the basic news. Afterall, it's the taxpayers who foot the bill for this war, who buy all the bullets, weapons, and pay her wages and put her through college so she can be a teacher. Granted, she's earned every penny and then some but I dont think Joe Taxpayer should have to buy a damn book to hear her story.

Also, she is a G.I, therefore unless she retires I think the Army could be entitled to half of her profits. Maybe, maybe not, I'm not sure what to make of that.

LCP...I know where you're coming from on this. Personally I hope she milks every penny she can get from this. But...that doesn't mean that the public should be shut off from what really happened to her. I think the family is just trying to protect the foundation of the story. Now that the other POWs are around there is no way the story will be suppressed.

themole
04-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Sorry man, I totaly disagree. It's not like the gov pays soldiers in proportion to what they deserve. If a soldier can make some extra coin because of the pain an suffering they went through to defend my ass, I say more power to them.

1227...It appears that Jessicas injuries are pretty extensive so it is most likely she will not return to duty. I hope she makes a ton on this...it looks like her family could use it. I had a torn rotator cuff from an old high school injury I didn't tell them about. It didn't show up until the horizontal ladder and the 40 yd low crawl because I had strenghened it through weight training. They were upset about that and was considering sending me home. I had a cool DS and he allowed me to skip every other rung on the ladder and I passed my PT Test. They will not tolerate broken equipment.:lol:

LeftCoastPhin
04-17-2003, 05:19 PM

Point well taken. I hope she can earn money from a book, she deserves it.

However, I still believe it's BS if her story isn't released in the news. She is still a public employee, granted a hero, but a public hero and her public story should be shown on the public news.

I was just a little turned off that they were already seeing dollar signs, but I feel they are good people and will no doubt need the money to help her later in life as she has sacrificed a lot, more than she should have had to.

themole
04-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Point well taken. I hope she can earn money from a book, she deserves it.

However, I still believe it's BS if her story isn't released in the news. She is still a public employee, granted a hero, but a public hero and her public story should be shown on the public news.

I was just a little turned off that they were already seeing dollar signs, but I feel they are good people and will no doubt need the money to help her later in life as she has sacrificed a lot, more than she should have had to.

Roger that! It would be EXTREMELY hard to tell the money people no thanks.

PhinPhan1227
04-17-2003, 05:25 PM
The story will come out...I don't see any problem with them waiting a few weeks to get everything straightened out and legal.

themole
04-17-2003, 08:01 PM
The story will come out...I don't see any problem with them waiting a few weeks to get everything straightened out and legal.

:lol: The Hollywood version of the story will come out around this time next year and Jessie will be transformed into "GI Jane". Sporting a 50cal. with
crossed bandoliers, a K-bar hanging on each hip and a 45 stuffed into each boot.
My kinda gal!

Barbarian
04-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Well...you've had them both, so I'll defer to your knowledge on the matter...but given the choice between the two, I'll wait till lunch!!

All I can say to that is...

AMEN! :D

Barbarian
04-17-2003, 11:06 PM
:lol: The Hollywood version of the story will come out around this time next year and Jessie will be transformed into "GI Jane". Sporting a 50cal. with
crossed bandoliers, a K-bar hanging on each hip and a 45 stuffed into each boot.
My kinda gal!

And another bright spot is, they can get cute hollywood actress type and it will be an accurate representation because she is definately a little cutie. ;)

baccarat
04-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I don't see why there is opposition against her book. There have been A LOT of vetrans who made money, which they deserve BTW, off of making books about their combat stories. Plus, once the book comes out you'll get the basics of what happen by reading reviews for the book.

themole
04-17-2003, 11:24 PM
And another bright spot is, they can get cute hollywood actress type and it will be an accurate representation because she is definately a little cutie. ;)

Hey...If she is well enough why not give her a go at it!

She has the looks and certainly the gumption!

themole
04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
I don't see why there is opposition against her book. There have been A LOT of vetrans who made money, which they deserve BTW, off of making books about their combat stories. Plus, once the book comes out you'll get the basics of what happen by reading reviews for the book.

I'm all for it Booyea! Hope she makes a ton.

dolfan06
04-18-2003, 01:48 AM
I'm all for it Booyea! Hope she makes a ton. i don't think there is a chance in hell she won't!;)

Barbarian
04-18-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey...If she is well enough why not give her a go at it!

She has the looks and certainly the gumption!

if the girl can act, then I'd be all for that...

maybe they can write a steamy love sceene in there as well then...

ummmm...

sorry, what were we talking about again?

dolfan06
04-18-2003, 09:39 AM
if the girl can act, then I'd be all for that...

maybe they can write a steamy love sceene in there as well then...

ummmm...

sorry, what were we talking about again? they'll probably get somebody to play her in the movie.

after she was captured, there will probaby..........be some...........torture...............scenes.............that...................can you.........ecuse me....................for a .................moment!;) :evil: