PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Gamer's Room

mor911
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Remember, these are pics of the ultimate gamer's room, NOT the ultimate game room.

http://www.nescapades.com/gameroom.htm

All he needs is 7.1 Surroundsound, an HD display, and he's ready to roll.

Pagan
07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm willing to bet a year's paycheck that outside of movies or magazines this guy has never, ever, EVER seen a naked woman.

TrueDolFan
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Holy ****, that's a LOT of games! That's an AMAZING collection.

mor911
07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm willing to bet a year's paycheck that outside of movies or magazines this guy has never, ever, EVER seen a naked woman.:lol: I didn't want ot say it, because the collection is too cool. But you're probly right.

Silverphin
07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Q: With all those games this guy surely has no life!

(Another one of my favorite comments from the “immature” crowd.)

A: Thanks for trying to act like you people know me and saying I have no life, “clearly” you don’t know wtf you are talking about. I play video games on average of 10-15 hrs a week. Just because I “own” 5,000+ games doesn’t mean I play games all the time. Many of my games I’ve never even gotten to play yet. Jay Leno owns 107 cars, Does that mean he must spend all his time driving them?

Once every 3-4 months my brother, 2 brothers in-law, and few friends come over and we just rip-up on multiplayer games from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. We have done this for years. When we are crashed the wives/girlfriends jump in and play games too or use the projector to watch movies.

When I was younger (10-15yrs) I played the hell outta video games but gaming comes to a trickle once your out on your own, married, have kids, and a social life. Something you don’t have when your freaking 12. I just never grew out of “collecting” games and still enjoy playing them when time to play them is available.

Time for you insulters to get a life yourself!

Heheheheh, should of read further Pagan.

Pagan
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Heheheheh, should of read further Pagan.
Then man, his wife must be VERY tolerant. I know if I tried to paint one of my walls to look like a scene from Mario Brothers, I'd be living in the garage. :lol:

Man, that's just dorky. Would be like me still having KISS posters on my bedroom walls. :chuckle:

I do find it hilarious that he compares collecting video games to classic automobiles! :sidelol:

Can't wait to see the Barrett Auction price on a rare, mint condition copy of "Ghouls & Ghosts"! :lol:

Silverphin
07-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Then man, his wife must be VERY tolerant. I know if I tried to paint one of my walls to look like a scene from Mario Brothers, I'd be living in the garage. :lol:

Man, that's just dorky. Would be like me still having KISS posters on my bedroom walls. :chuckle:

Read further....

Q: I think painting that room and wasting that space is going a little overboard.

A: The themed room was my wife’s idea and perhaps it is a bit overboard but it’s very unique and my son loves it. I have no regrets on how I finished that room. We have a 2-story, 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom house and one child. It’s hardly a waste of space. This was an old storage room that was mostly filled with my gaming and sports stuff I had collected over the years.

Pagan
07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Read further....

Like I said...a VERY tolerant wife!

Silverphin
07-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Like I said...a VERY tolerant wife!

:sidelol:

Pagan
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
You had to see all the trouble I had to go through to get my wife to agree with hanging all my basses on the walls of my music room.....and it's a MUSIC ROOM for Pete's sake! :tongue:

I could only imagine....

"Honey, I wanna make one room painted up to look like Mario Brothers. I'm going to have the other walls FILLED with old video games that I'm never going to play! I'm going to have an entire rack with multiple game systems and.....hey, honey....where ya going?"

Silverphin
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
You had to see all the trouble I had to go through to get my wife to agree with hanging all my basses on the walls of my music room.....and it's a MUSIC ROOM for Pete's sake! :tongue:

I could only imagine....

"Honey, I wanna make one room painted up to look like Mario Brothers. I'm going to have the other walls FILLED with old video games that I'm never going to play! I'm going to have an entire rack with multiple game systems and.....hey, honey....where ya going?"

:sidelol: I guess I better remember this when I get married in the future.

Pagan
07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
:sidelol: I guess I better remember this when I get married in the future.
You shall learn young grasshopper.....

You will have NO say in the decor of most of the house. You will be designated ONE room....two if you're lucky....and even those she will have some input into how they're arranged.

Unless of course you're filthy stinking rich and can dictate. If you both are contributing equally to the income, you have very little to say.

AND.....her mom will make alot of decisions also. You won't have a goddamn thing to say about the bathroom or kitchen, that's for sure! :lol:

Now, all this is predicated on living a hassle free life. If you want hell, you can disagree and do things your way.....but you've been warned. :wink:

Actually, my wife's pretty cool about my music room. Once the guitars were up she admitted they looked good. :tongue:

dQbell
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm willing to bet a year's paycheck that outside of movies or magazines this guy has never, ever, EVER seen a naked woman.

He's been married for over 11 years and has one son. So, I think he's ok with that.

Mike13
07-31-2006, 08:11 PM

You will have NO say in the decor of most of the house. You will be designated ONE room....two if you're lucky....and even those she will have some input into how they're arranged.

Unless of course you're filthy stinking rich and can dictate. If you both are contributing equally to the income, you have very little to say.

AND.....her mom will make alot of decisions also. You won't have a goddamn thing to say about the bathroom or kitchen, that's for sure! :lol:

Now, all this is predicated on living a hassle free life. If you want hell, you can disagree and do things your way.....but you've been warned. :wink:

Actually, my wife's pretty cool about my music room. Once the guitars were up she admitted they looked good. :tongue:

So who's idea was your tiny cat?

Shula Come Back!
07-31-2006, 08:14 PM
holy f'in ****!!!

Majpain
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Lucky kid am I right?

nevadadolfan
07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
You'd think he'd have a bigger TV.

SirDrums
07-31-2006, 11:19 PM
WOW!!! THat is amazing.

I read his FAQ's seems like the guy spends more time defending this room than he does answering honest questions.. i guess that goes with the stereo type.

I personally have an Atari 2600, Colleco, NES, Super nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, dream cast and an xbox with a bunch of games.. and that doesn't incluse my extensive PC collection. I used to think I was into games to much.. but now, I'm thinking I'm below average....

WOW.....

Silverphin
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM

I'll remember this.

TheMageGandalf
08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Remember, these are pics of the ultimate gamer's room, NOT the ultimate game room.

I agree.

Whats up with that TV????

It isnt a true gamers room unless he upgrades that TV IMO.

TheMageGandalf
08-04-2006, 07:20 PM

Amen to that :sidelol:

I have got say in the electronics 'division' of the house. My wife has say on everything else.

Of course, if I want to put my foot down I can but then that leads to about a good hour and a half or more of arguing and blah blah blah blah blah

I stick to my entertainment center where I can watch the Fins, play my games and watch movies and she doesnt touch my electronics.

I stay out of her way when it comes to the rest of the house.

FuturePhin
08-06-2006, 12:49 AM
That rooms amazing. I would play for hours and hours and hours.................

Pagan
08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
He's been married for over 11 years and has one son. So, I think he's ok with that.
Main Entry: joke
Pronunciation: 'jOk
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin jocus
1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting
2 : something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter

So who's idea was your tiny cat?
Neither one of us...found him on our doorstep. :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 12:22 PM
i was hoping for pics the mor's setup.

Link
08-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Awesome room that guy has. I have seen this before and admire that he does his thing without letting others opinions get to him. I love that Nintendo neon sign he has. I like neon lights for some odd reason and would like to get one sometime. And as for the TV yeah it could be better, but it said its a 32 inch and thats better then what I have so its still good.

Phin-o-rama
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM

you mean like this guy?

microsofts dream customer

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dude says he has 3 360s and 10 regular XBoxes on 10 screens around the house with a 2 channel headset system so you're never out of touch with your team.

http://www.tralfazxmg.com/Stuff/