PDA

View Full Version : 8th Pick

NYinBostonFin
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
I found out I have the 8th pick in my upcoming fantasy draft. Im figuring everyone up to me picks an Rb in the first round.

Knocking out the top 5 I know arent going to be there.....
LJ, S. Alexander, LT, Portis, Tiki

Im figuring the best of the rest of top ten are...
Edge, Rudi, Lamont, Steven Jackson, and Ronnie

Who should I take?

trate121hb
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
i personally think ronnie will have the best yr of the bunch

not being a homer just a big hunch

ronnie, james s jackson rudi lamont

Majpain
07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
You will either get Lamont or Ronnie at 8.Jackson if your lucky.

dominizzo
08-01-2006, 03:41 AM
LAmont Jordan is a sleeper pick

DolfanGermany
08-01-2006, 05:56 AM
I found out I have the 8th pick in my upcoming fantasy draft. Im figuring everyone up to me picks an Rb in the first round.

Who should I take?

Rudi, Edge, Ronnie. One of the three and I would take them in that order.

phinphan896
08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Rudi Johnson or Lamont or even Edge if hes still there

NYinBostonFin
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm thinking Edge will be gone.

I dont like Rudi.

I feel like Im really choosing between S. Jackson, Lamont, or Ronnie.

54Fins
08-01-2006, 02:16 PM

Who should I take? Rudi,Lamont,ronnie. Still not sure what to think about edge in Arizona.

Motion
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I think you may have more options than you think. Palmer, Manning, and Brady are all possibly 1st rounders.

NYinBostonFin
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I think you may have more options than you think. Palmer, Manning, and Brady are all possibly 1st rounders.

Palmer and Brady are not 1st rounders. Far from IMO.

Manning is, but a solid RB is far more valuable.

Motion
08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Palmer and Brady are not 1st rounders. Far from IMO.
According to ESPN and FOXSports they are. They are rated in the top 3 QBs no matter where you look, not sure how that translates to "Far from", but whatever. Good Luck with your draft.

NYinBostonFin
08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
According to ESPN and FOXSports they are. They are rated in the top 3 QBs no matter where you look, not sure how that translates to "Far from", but whatever. Good Luck with your draft.

Didn't mean to insult if I did, but QB's arent as valuable in fantasy as rb's. You can usually get a decent QB later on that will measure up almost as well if not more. Except for the manning.

Carson is also still limping, and should not be in top 3....if he probably wont start the year. Brady has nobody to pass to. Personally I wouldnt spend a high pick on either of them....and definitely not a #1.

Motion
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Didn't mean to insult if I did, but QB's arent as valuable in fantasy as rb's. You can usually get a decent QB later on that will measure up almost as well if not more. Except for the manning.

Carson is also still limping, and should not be in top 3....if he probably wont start the year. Brady has nobody to pass to. Personally I wouldnt spend a high pick on either of them....and definitely not a #1.
Its all good, I know where your coming from. I got flamed last season for taking Shaun Alexander over Peyton Manning and we all know how that turned out.

I was just saying maybe the people picking in front of you think differently.

tucker
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
there is no reason why you should take a qb in the first round

Kdawg954
08-01-2006, 05:53 PM
there is no reason why you should take a qb in the first round

Why not?

Sure there is not as much talent in the RB pool, but if Manning is there at 8 I snatch him up quick and don't think twice. Reason why? I have noticed in a bunch of fantasy leagues this year that alot of people are throwing in that 1 point for every completion. Running backs don't get points for carries (tho it is an option). I have also noticed alot of leagues are doing the 1 point for receptions as well.

It all depends on your league set up. With no Edge, if u feel that Manning can give u 40+ TD's this year, go for him, hell who cares if u pass on Ronnie who might give u 10 TD's this year and get a QB who gives u 20, u are still 10 short of Manning's 40, plus u still will get a guy with your next pick who will give u 6 to 8 TD's, so don't knock the Manning pick . . its alot of luck involved with fantasy football. I know one thing, the person who had Manning in the leagues I was in when he had 49 TD's won the league everytime, so take it for what its worth. Manning IMO is a steal at 8, and I would take him over every one of those RB's.

I know alot of u laugh when something other than RB is taken in round 1, but that person who grabbed Manning probably will get the last laugh this season, mark my words.

unifiedtheory
08-01-2006, 06:09 PM

Who should I take?

If Edge is there when you pick you take him...

The guy is a fantasy machine. I've had him for three years in my keeper league.

Kdawg954
08-01-2006, 09:22 PM
If Edge is there when you pick you take him...

The guy is a fantasy machine. I've had him for three years in my keeper league.

IN the Colts offense where defenses were forced to focus more on Manning than him. Not saying Edge isn't great, but he wont have the offensive line that Indy had in Arizona, and he wont have the deadly accurate Peyton Manning as his QB . . IMO this Arizona team will stick around in alot of games, but they will have to come from behind in the majority of them, making Edge less efficient. I would put him last of the 5 backs fantasy wise . . Ronnie, Lamont, Steven, Rudi and then Edge.

Don't get it twisted, Edge is my favorite RB in the NFL, I call him Mr. Everything, because he does everything . . . but u have to realize from a fantasy standpoint there are better options. Especially with a fragile Warner back there, if he gets hurt u risk putting Leinart in, and who knows how he will do, just there are safer picks out there. If Edge was still on the Colts, he is a top 5 pick, a little different here tho.

PressCoverage
08-03-2006, 03:28 AM
why does no one seem to figure Cadillac Williams in the mid-first round?

work - horse.... Improved Tampa Bay line... Bucs' rookie guard Davin Joseph will be a pro-bowler...

Kdawg954
08-03-2006, 04:59 PM
why does no one seem to figure Cadillac Williams in the mid-first round?

work - horse.... Improved Tampa Bay line... Bucs' rookie guard Davin Joseph will be a pro-bowler...

A workhorse but he seemed to be rather injury prone in his first year, and he came to camp this year and got hurt early . . I also think alot of people don't have faith in Chris Simms back there, I mean u figure Lac would be considered with Ronnie but Ronnie is in a better offense IMO and looks fantastic, came in strong while Lac came in knicked up . . I think Lac will be a nice pick for somebody, even in the first round.

hunter5nc1
08-06-2006, 09:03 AM

I disagree as well I've never seen anyone win a league that took a QB in the first round and think about even if his team does make the championship game you know manning probably will be on the sideline holding a clipboard

take the best avaliable RB

hunter5nc1
08-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Why not?

Sure there is not as much talent in the RB pool, but if Manning is there at 8 I snatch him up quick and don't think twice. Reason why? I have noticed in a bunch of fantasy leagues this year that alot of people are throwing in that 1 point for every completion. Running backs don't get points for carries (tho it is an option). I have also noticed alot of leagues are doing the 1 point for receptions as well.

It all depends on your league set up. With no Edge, if u feel that Manning can give u 40+ TD's this year, go for him, hell who cares if u pass on Ronnie who might give u 10 TD's this year and get a QB who gives u 20, u are still 10 short of Manning's 40, plus u still will get a guy with your next pick who will give u 6 to 8 TD's, so don't knock the Manning pick . . its alot of luck involved with fantasy football. I know one thing, the person who had Manning in the leagues I was in when he had 49 TD's won the league everytime, so take it for what its worth. Manning IMO is a steal at 8, and I would take him over every one of those RB's.

I know alot of u laugh when something other than RB is taken in round 1, but that person who grabbed Manning probably will get the last laugh this season, mark my words.

He may get the first and middle laugh but if the Colts wrap home field advantage as early as they did last year he want be playing in fantasy playoffs. therefore the last laugh is in ? Although I don't disagree about him being a great fantasy player I'm just a firm believer in a RB in the first RB