PDA

View Full Version : Utah teen sets text messaging record

BAMAPHIN 22
07-31-2006, 04:50 PM
A Utah teen with fingers of fury is once again the speed text-messaging king of the world. Ben Cook, 18, of Provo, Utah, returned to the top of the cell-phone text-messaging heap Friday at a Denver text-off at a water park, blazing through a 160-character standardized message in 42.22 seconds.

The phrase used for purposes of professional, competition texting is: "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

The feat was recorded on video and scored by an official timekeeper, validating it for Guinness World Records purposes, said Sara Spaulding, spokeswoman for event sponsor Jump Mobile.

Text messaging, already popular with teenagers, is becoming increasingly popular in the U.S., jumping from 2.9 billion a month in 2004 to about 7.3 billion a month in December 2005, according to a survey by the CTIA, the wireless industry's trade group.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14121680/

Spray Mucus
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.

they stole my pick up line!

If I where this kid, I'd tell every girl I know I have the fastest fingers in all the land... :dday:

d-day
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
they stole my pick up line!

If I where this kid, I'd tell every girl I know I have the fastest fingers in all the land... :dday:

Mine used to be, "Moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. We never see the light of day. We plan this thing for weeks and all they want to do is study. I'm disgusted. I'm sorry but it's not like me, I'm depressed. There was what, no one at the mutant hamster races and we had one entry into the Madame Curie look-alike contest and he was disqualified later." The younger hotties enjoy it when I "get down" verbally. Wouldn't want to text it though...

Spray Mucus
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Mine used to be, "Moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. We never see the light of day. We plan this thing for weeks and all they want to do is study. I'm disgusted. I'm sorry but it's not like me, I'm depressed. There was what, no one at the mutant hamster races and we had one entry into the Madame Curie look-alike contest and he was disqualified later." The younger hotties enjoy it when I "get down" verbally. Wouldn't want to text it though...

you had me at "Moles and trolls" :peck:

d-day
07-31-2006, 05:08 PM
you had me at "Moles and trolls" :peck:

text me... :missmeth:

Pagan
07-31-2006, 05:18 PM
Man, am I sorry I stumbled in here.

D-Day brother, wash ya hands before ya shake mine when I see ya at a game this season.... :lol:

Spray Mucus
07-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Man, am I sorry I stumbled in here.

D-Day brother, wash ya hands before ya shake mine when I see ya at a game this season.... :lol:

D-day hasn't done that in.... well, ever. I've learned to except him for the way he is, and so should you Pagan.

dominizzo
07-31-2006, 05:31 PM
text me... :missmeth:

AWWW DDAY

Spray Mucus
07-31-2006, 06:09 PM
AWWW DDAY

hey he's mine... no trying to take my man.. he' mine, mine I tell ya!

Timmy54
08-01-2006, 04:36 AM
dude thats alot of texting, and i just am now getting around to getting a ring tone. (Timmy is getting old)

Roman529
08-01-2006, 12:41 PM
That seems kind of slow to me....160 characters in 42 seconds? I have never texted but this seems really slow....this is probably only around 30-35 words a minute. I do about 55+ words a minute on a keyboard.

arsenal
08-01-2006, 12:50 PM
That seems kind of slow to me....160 characters in 42 seconds? I have never texted but this seems really slow....this is probably only around 30-35 words a minute. I do about 55+ words a minute on a keyboard.

its about 45 wpm, and this is texting, its nothing even close to typing on a keyboard... thats amazing to me...

Flame
08-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Wow, what people do in their spare time.

Jimi
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM

but to type a letter like "c" on a phone you have to push a button 3 times.

Roman529
08-01-2006, 01:48 PM
but to type a letter like "c" on a phone you have to push a button 3 times.

No wonder....they should make a phone where you can type on it like a computer keyboard. :rolleyes:

SKing29
08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
No wonder....they should make a phone where you can type on it like a computer keyboard. :rolleyes:

Actually I believe they do, I think I seen a phone on tv that looked like a normal cell phone and then if flips horizontal like and there is a standard QWERTY keyboard. Remember I said I believe I seen a phone like that, although I am a 18 year old teenager I have never gotten the point of people my age buying phones that are hundreds of dollars and have very pricy plans just because its the "in" thing to do, I'd rather spend my money on college tuition and books but I guess that why I'm unique.:D