PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Daunte is performing poorly lately

Gardenhead
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
linky linky?

ralexand
07-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm hearing alot about incompletions and ints. I hope the knee isn't affecting his fundamentals but it sounds like it is.

Gardenhead
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
This is weird. I responded to ralexand, but my response is the first post in this thread!

cnc66
07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm hearing alot about incompletions and ints. I hope the knee isn't affecting his fundamentals but it sounds like it is.

hearing alot...where, not here...

DUB
07-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Not ESPN

icephinfan
07-31-2006, 08:09 PM

UM, not here. He is doing good.

SCall13
07-31-2006, 08:11 PM
I haven't heard anything like that.

Rick 1966
07-31-2006, 08:13 PM
hearing alot...where, not here...

It's the voices...the voices won't leave him alone! :evil:

Dors156
07-31-2006, 08:14 PM
i dont know what your talking about.all ive geard is how great hes doing

lemonpepperfish
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
he might not have done well in yesterdays training camp (at least not if your expectations are extremely high at this point), but that is why the team has a training camp. Its only day three, he still has time to gell with the team and redevolpe his fundamentals. For it being this early in training camp, i think he is daoing fantastic.

PS; he is still rehabbing. He still has at least a couple more months of healing to do before he is a hundred percent.

TotoreMexico
07-31-2006, 08:25 PM

Dude, don't listen to Vikes fans:shakeno:

Shula Come Back!
07-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Dude, don't listen to Vikes fans:shakeno::lol:

footballer
07-31-2006, 08:51 PM
yea, i heard the ints he almost might have thrown have been... tallied, but unfortunitly almost counts in horsesues, and molotov cocktails..well, and grenades, and ..etc etc etc

insom187
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
In Pasqarelli's article about fins camp hes said Daunte definitely looks like hes still recovering, stretching his knee out as he goes under center and looking awkward during his dropbacks. Obviously we all expected this type of development was going to happen but I would hardly say those are true negative aspects about his camp so far.

DUB
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
In Pasqarelli's article about fins camp hes said Daunte definitely looks like hes still recovering, stretching his knee out as he goes under center and looking awkward during his dropbacks. Obviously we all expected this type of development was going to happen but I would hardly say those are true negative aspects about his camp so far.

All I've read that his dropbacks looks sharper than they ever did in Minnesota...??

AlexCane9015
07-31-2006, 08:58 PM
i am not worried about Culpepper at all

its practice who cares

DC is a star He'll be fine in games

Dolphins561
07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
He got picked by Zach, and had another picked that bounced off Ronnie's hand according to the sun-sentinel. This is the second day of practice, and it was pretty muggy today... Nothing I would put a whole lot of weight into...

ESPN also reporting that Culpepper is laboring out there... I guess most of these reporters have never run around in football gear in 95 degree 100% humidity weather...

jclary566
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
atleast he has time to make up whatever mistakes he is makin by the time preseason rolls in, its practice, its not how he will pefore in a game situation, he might not be passin full strength either, it is just practice no sense in wearing out his arm

fish fan 4 life
07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
I havent heard anything

Alex44
07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Because we have all played football and NEVER had a bad practice right? :lol:

This is getting WAY overblown

CrunchTime
07-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I think he is refering to the commentary made by Pastabelly where he makes reference to the effect CPeps injury is having on his game.

At least to this set of eyes, Culpepper didn't move quite as well on the first day of camp as he did at the team's June minicamp, which we also attended, and appeared to be a little more tentative in some areas. It was most noticeable in Culpepper's pass-drops, when he appeared to have a hitch on some occasions and to be overly deliberate on others. None of this should be too alarming. For one thing, Culpepper is still only nine months removed from a catastrophic injury some people originally felt might be career-threatening. His recovery to this point has been nothing shy of remarkable. Second, it is training camp, and the demands are more challenging than during a three-day minicamp.

Make no mistake, Culpepper still threw the ball extremely well, particularly the deep routes, for much of Saturday's morning and evening sessions. Sometimes you forget, until you see him, just what a strong arm Culpepper possesses. The ball comes out humming, with a lot of RPMs. Culpepper threw at least four great deep balls up the boundary in the two practices, hitting receivers in stride. And he remains, as Saban reiterated, a resourceful and extemporaneous player, the kind of guy who doesn't need things to be 100 percent to be able to generate a positive play. But there are going to be some days, given the severity of his knee injury, when Culpepper experiences discomfort and swelling. And despite his contentions that he felt "great," his on-field body language didn't always suggest that. A few times in the evening practice, Culpepper got behind the center, then straightened upright and flexed his right knee, as if to try to loosen it. One can almost predict that, with the nature of Culpepper's injury, there will come a time in camp when he requires a practice off. Said Saban: "If he has any issues or problems relative to overuse or soreness, then we are going to control and monitor

FH is aware of the posting problem and are working on it.Apparently the servers are not synchronized yet.

ojmcduffy
07-31-2006, 09:22 PM
all reports ive heard have been outstanding. mentally hes bursting at the seems to get back in the game. did you see his interveiw after practice saturday. he looks confident and relaxed like a leader schould. or thats what i saw maybe im just happy because it isnt a.j feeley looking at the ground and not answering questions

m3116
07-31-2006, 09:50 PM
I hope he can get back to his oldself.

Spinelord
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
where's Ozzy when you need him?

Spinelord
07-31-2006, 10:02 PM
hey cool-500 posts-not that much but up til this week I had a life-girlfriend goes away, FH posts quadruple

as my friend said, 6 months is better than 6 years

endorPHINS72
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
LATELY??? It's the third day of training camp!!!!!!

Perfect23
07-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Link

Mike13
07-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Its only been 3 days!

Coral Reefer
07-31-2006, 10:27 PM

Training Camp man, training camp.
Players use this time to get back into a rhythm.
No different than seeing a top pitcher in baseball get lit up for the first couple of weeks of spring training.

So even if the reports you are referencing are true there's no need for concern here.

DolphinDevil28
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
I think he is refering to the commentary made by Pastabelly where he makes reference to the effect CPeps injury is having on his game.

FH is aware of the posting problem and are working on it.Apparently the servers are not synchronized yet.

Not saying Lenny P. is wrong here, but he's the ONLY one I've heard say this.

Every other outlet has said Daunte is moving around marvelously thus far.

aleta
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
This is a yoke!!
Somebody new that if he put a thread like that everybody will be looking the lates news about CP. If he was doing so badly, why he didn't put the news paper or mag that said those thing?
Don't worry about this thread. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

Shamboubou
07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Training Camp man, training camp.
Players use this time to get back into a rhythm.
No different than seeing a top pitcher in baseball get lit up for the first couple of weeks of spring training.

So even if the reports you are referencing are true there's no need for concern here.

Right on the money, I think you give him a couple more weeks in camp and let all the players get used to the climate and their body's will adapt and the whole team will look much more crisp.

He's also going to have swelling and his knee is going to get stiff, I wouldn't be suprized to see Culpepper riding a bike all year when he's not on the field just to make sure that his knee doesn't tighten up on him. I would think that his knee would get stiff also if he is having to stand around and wait a few minutes while the backups take some snaps.

CrunchTime
07-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Not saying Lenny P. is wrong here, but he's the ONLY one I've heard say this.

Every other outlet has said Daunte is moving around marvelously thus far.

Thats true.He wants to be different I guess.:wink:

twohype
07-31-2006, 11:07 PM

That's news to me and I'm looking at just about everything I can find :shakeno: . Sounds like you have been listening to a silly Vikings fan :sidelol:

ohall
07-31-2006, 11:09 PM
This is weird. I responded to ralexand, but my response is the first post in this thread!

It's been happening alot around here lately.

MR NFLFAN
07-31-2006, 11:12 PM

Wow thats kind of like growing up and being 8 before you're 7 yrs old. :wink:

Mr772
07-31-2006, 11:22 PM

I know what you're talking about and I think it has more to do with the poor O-Line play than C-Pep. The D is looking strong, fast, and nasty as well stemming from the same reports.

Roman529
08-01-2006, 12:14 AM
ESPN just did a story on how great DC is doing.....don't pay attention to Minny fans. :D

BlackRob
08-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Dude, don't listen to Vikes fans:shakeno:

:yeahthat: :spamattac <-----From the Viking fans

Aussiefinfan54
08-01-2006, 12:40 AM
oh well we'll have to wait and see when he actually gets on the field

Brown42000
08-01-2006, 12:49 AM
All these reports on how bad culpepper is doing or seems like he is uncomfortable are false reports and everything else I have heard has been positive from most of the media,the team and even Nick Saban is amazed at Culpeppers progression.

MarinoForPres
08-01-2006, 01:18 AM
he hasnt played in a while. we have no need to blow anything out of pro portion.

ralexand
08-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Sorry for the hit and run thread. I had to run. My opinion was based on the Sentinal reporting on the ints in today's camp by Zach and also ck's report on how he performed in 11 on 11 time at the end of practice yesterday where he said he looked flustered.

I've followed Daunte's career and in 2004 he might have committed one turnover that training camp and in 2005 I was shocked about how many ints. they reported he was throwing in training camp although in the preseason games he looked elite. I just hope this isn't a trend considering how those years turned out. I'm a big believer in playing how you practice and vice versa.

PassRush
08-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Look, I have been to three out of four camp sessions thus far. Culpepper has looked pretty damn good. Not great; I mean he has thrown a few ints and overthrown a few recivers. He has been looking no better, and no worse than you can expcet out of a quarterback in hellish south Florida weather on the second day of training camp. Nothing to worry about at this point. If players ever read this board, they would laugh non stop

Disnardo
08-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Sorry for the hit and run thread. I had to run. My opinion was based on the Sentinal reporting on the ints in today's camp by Zach and also ck's report on how he performed in 11 on 11 time at the end of practice yesterday where he said he looked flustered.

I've followed Daunte's career and in 2004 he might have committed one turnover that training camp and in 2005 I was shocked about how many ints. they reported he was throwing in training camp although in the preseason games he looked elite. I just hope this isn't a trend considering how those years turned out. I'm a big believer in playing how you practice and vice versa.
We also need to realize he is probably playing with a "better" Defense than all his years in Minny. So I would not be surprised if he gets picked in our TC often...

Mike13
08-01-2006, 09:47 AM
We also need to realize he is probably playing with a "better" Defense than all his years in Minny. So I would not be surprised if he gets picked in our TC often...

Yeah if anything that means our Defense will kick some serious ***.

nyjunc
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
It's early, whether a guy is great or is struggling it really doesn't matter. They are just getting back into football shape, if he's struggling a month from now then it would be time to worry.

Redneck Friend
08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
starting where he left off, which is bad news, because this is
an offense he knows real well.

soo, is it the leg not ready or is it the no moss syndrome?

LOST! freedom of speech! if found, please return it to
this spot.

thank you.

ThePats
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
INT'S, GET USED TO IT! He'll be throwing 5 of them against the Pats just like he did against the crappy Bengals defense.

like2god
08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
INT'S, GET USED TO IT! He'll be throwing 5 of them against the Pats just like he did against the crappy Bengals defense.

:lol:

You finally said something funny. It wasn't true, but it was funny. :lol:

ThePats
08-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Funny I know half of the Fish fans here thought poorly of Daunte and that he was overrated but when he comes to Miami he is the best thing since sliced bread, :lol:

Colorado Dolfan
08-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Funny I know half of the Fish fans here thought poorly of Daunte and that he was overrated but when he comes to Miami he is the best thing since sliced bread, :lol:

Kinda like how Pats fans start trash-talking any player that leaves the team...:rolleyes2

It's called the "homer" factor...:tongue:

muscle979
08-05-2006, 09:37 AM

A stupid post, obviously we want him to succeed.

Trackstar
08-05-2006, 10:01 AM

We split the series with the Pats in 2004 and 2005. We just might stomp your a$$ twice this year.

Btw, That moderator's warning in your sig looks pretty cool.

WorstTrollEver
08-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Kinda like how Pats fans start trash-talking any player that leaves the team...:rolleyes2

It's called the "homer" factor...:tongue:

No, it's called the "overpaid" factor. Other teams are willing to overpay to get a Patriot because their team's desparately need classy players with Super Bowl success.

The Patriot's don't need to overpay because their roster is already loaded with World Champions.

I'm happy to provide that clarification.

Kinzua
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh, no, Los Lonely Boys!!! Another Patsie troll heard from and you gay blades can't even handle the ones that were here before!!!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Trackstar
08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
No, it's called the "overpaid" factor. Other teams are willing to overpay to get a Patriot because their team's desparately need classy players with Super Bowl success.

The Patriot's don't need to overpay because their roster is already loaded with World Champions.

Just don't go crying to mommy when your "Dynasty" hits the sh!tter. It's a cycle. The higher you get the harder you're gonna fall.

icephinfan
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, no, Los Lonely Boys!!! Another Patsie troll heard from and you gay blades can't even handle the ones that were here before!!!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Oh KINZUA, please make sense. WTF are you saying?????:shakeno:

Colorado Dolfan
08-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh KINZUA, please make sense. WTF are you saying?????:shakeno:

I think she's saying: "OMFG, PWNED!!! YOU R TEH SUX!! I ROXOR!!!"

Basically another craptastic post from the Smilie Wonder...:rolleyes2

like2god
08-05-2006, 04:11 PM

:shakeno:

Look, I found a picture of WorstTrollEver wearing his....... http://files.tagworld.com/889c889eb84c8f364028886a1f6419959caa.jpeg

:lol:

trate121hb
08-05-2006, 05:57 PM
reports are positive and im staying optimistic...
no room for pessimism on this sight....go to the bills zone

fin1
08-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Not nearly as bad as Palmer looks. Anyone remember how Marino looked every pre-season?

Kinzua
08-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Not nearly as bad as Palmer looks. Anyone remember how Marino looked every pre-season?

Psssssst -- Daunte Culpepper is no Dan Marino! :nana:

like2god
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

BOO HOO HOO

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Oh BTW, you're not a very good debater either, you post and run. :shakeno:

++klue--
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
well just have to see on the first preseason game how he plays and then we can say that hes doing bad because he is probably not giving it his all down at camp so dont speculate yet.

fin1
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Who let the apes out! Who who who who..................

retired opfinistic
08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Who let the apes out! Who who who who..................
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Kinzua's prom pic

like2god
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.barzelay.net/files/images/face_transforms/chris_ape.jpg
Kinzua's prom pic

:sidelol:

Kinzua looks like a cross between Justadumbnut and a gorilla.

icephinfan
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
http://www.barzelay.net/files/images/face_transforms/chris_ape.jpg
Kinzua's prom pic

That explains so much:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What did ALEX see in hesheit????:sidelol:

retired opfinistic
08-07-2006, 06:28 PM
That explains so much:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What did ALEX see in hesheit????:sidelol:give him a break, tequila is a powerful drug!

icephinfan
08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
give him a break, tequila is a powerful drug!

Man, even Tequila couldn't make me go that way:lol:

retired opfinistic
08-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Man, even Tequila couldn't make me go that way:lol:You've never had Hornito's. That **** will make you **** a chicken on the 50 yard line during the Super Bowl Halftime show!

icephinfan
08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
You've never had Hornito's. That **** will make you **** a chicken on the 50 yard line during the Super Bowl Halftime show!

Well, whatever Kinzua gave Alex. We need a counter for.

But, Alex seems happier though.:lol:

retired opfinistic
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, whatever Kinzua gave Alex. We need a counter for.

But, Alex seems happier though.:lol::confused: I don't even want to go there.:lol:

icephinfan
08-07-2006, 06:43 PM
:confused: I don't even want to go there.:lol:

:sidelol: Yeah, I hear ya!!!!!:sidelol: