PDA

View Full Version : --- Who are your sleeper picks ? ---

BrazForPhins
08-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Who are the sleeper picks you targeted (or will target) in your fantasy drafts?

I like TE Ben Watson in later rounds, in the 6-9 range...depending how many teams are in the league

Brown is a tempting pick, specially us fin fans, who knows well what he may achieve this season. I think he's a steal if picked in the late 1st, early 2nd.
Chambers may break out too, actually I got him late 3rd...he might be a steal

Julius Jones is a guy I think will have a very good year, and should be value if picked in the 2nd round, specially in a 14 teams league..

edit: forgot Mike Anderson. IMO he is a RB to be taken laaaate in the draft. Talk about rounds 9 or 10..If Jamal Lewis is not 100% healthy you at least posesses a "last option" solid backup RB, if Lewis is out for the season again, you may had the best pick in your draft

Dolfan1034
08-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Vernon Davis baby... I have 4 fantasy teams, got him no earlier than the 10th round in each draft...

phinfanfrommd
08-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Cedric Benson

BrazForPhins
08-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Vernon Davis baby... I have 4 fantasy teams, got him no earlier than the 10th round in each draft...

indeed Davis is a good bet. Better than Kellen Winslow Jr, even though Davis is a rookie. If Alex Smith can elevate his QB play, Davis should be gold.

Slappy8800
08-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Maroney RB from NE

BrazForPhins
08-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Cedric Benson

He's practicing with the 1st team, while Thomas Jones was practicing with the backups, but now is injured...good signs for Benson, I think he will prove this season that he's not a bust, another good one.
But I wouldn't draft him as a starter, but as a backup with upside

dominizzo
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Cedric Benson

,,top sleeper pick IMO

Majpain
08-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Chad Jackson
Vernon Davis
Marion Barber
Benson
Cedrick Houston

dominizzo
08-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Chad Jackson
Vernon Davis
Marion Barber
Benson
Cedrick Houston

Chad will do SQUAT

Majpain
08-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Chad will do SQUAT

I hate to say it but if Deion Branch holds out Chad might have a pretty good year.

DolfanGermany
08-02-2006, 04:04 PM
The biggest sleeper this year will be Michael Clayton. He remains undrafted in many leagues, but be sure he'll bounce back from his sophomore slump and answer with 1000+Yds and 5-7 TDs.

Prophet
08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Vernon Davis? He would only be a sleeper to someone that just came out of a coma.

Mile High Fin
08-02-2006, 05:11 PM
He's practicing with the 1st team, while Thomas Jones was practicing with the backups, but now is injured...good signs for Benson, I think he will prove this season that he's not a bust, another good one.
But I wouldn't draft him as a starter, but as a backup with upside

:yes:

Also, look for WR Reggie Brown to have a big year.
He's now the #1 WR in Philly and more experienced...

Look for 1,000 yards and 8 TDs.

byroan
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Chester Taylor may be the starter in Minny. Good late round pick.

BrazForPhins
08-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Also, look for WR Reggie Brown to have a big year.
He's now the #1 WR in Philly and more experienced...

Look for 1,000 yards and 8 TDs.
I like him a lot too, for this season. Add to what you stated, McNabb is a pretty solid QB.

And I like Chester Taylor too. I used to think he'd be amazing this season, but some question marks in minny's offense, I have him a little bit lower now, though still a possible late steal

newbetterbucs05
08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
i got a whole list

QB

1.) Aaron Brooks, OAK
2.) Charlie Frye, CLE
3.) Chris Simms, TB
4.) Patrick Ramsey, NYJ
5.) Jon Kitna, DET

RB

1.) Chester Taylor, MIN
2.) Tatum Bell, DEN
3.) Laurence Maroney, NE
4.) Frank Gore, SF
5a.) Lee Suggs, CLE
5b.) Leon Washington, NYJ

WR

1.) Donald Driver, GB
2.) Eddie Kennison, KC
3.) Darrell Jackson, SEA
4.) Michael Clayton, TB
5.) Charles Rogers, DET

TE

1.) Courtney Anderson, OAK
2.) Ben Watson, NE
3.) Jeb Putzier, HOU
4.) Alex Smith, TB
5.) Chris Baker, NYJ

DEF

1.) ARI, ARI
2.) NYJ, NYJ
3.) BUF, BUF
4.) MIN, MIN
5.) HOU, HOU

K

1.) Kris Brown, HOU
2.) Josh Scobee, JAX
3.) Ryan Lindell, BUF
4.) Dave Ryner, GB
5.) Martin Gramatica, NE

FinFanGirl
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
tatum bell might not even start says Yahoo sports. RON DAYNE is proving he is worth something

Lee suggs will be cut i believe.

FinFanGirl
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Michael Jenkins/roddy white -- Atlanta's NEW # 1 and # 2 receivers
Travis taylor from Minny. As well as Chestor taylor

also -- I believe Marty booker is gonna have a big yr.

newbetterbucs05
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Michael Jenkins/roddy white -- Atlanta's NEW # 1 and # 2 receivers
Travis taylor from Minny. As well as Chestor taylor

also -- I believe Marty booker is gonna have a big yr.

No WR's should be a steal from ATL as long as they have Vick:shakeno:

FinFanGirl
08-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Ahh they may have vick now, but remember Schaub is waiting in the wings for the vick to break something before the season starts.

HEY 550 Posts -- i've been here since 2004 - i should have a lot more --

newbetterbucs05
08-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Ahh they may have vick now, but remember Schaub is waiting in the wings for the vick to break something before the season starts.

HEY 550 Posts -- i've been here since 2004 - i should have a lot more --

I don't know if Mora is smart enough to start schuab. He would be much better than Vick. If they did start him their receivers could be major steals.

Majpain
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Reggie Brown is going to have a great year.Ive got him pretty late in some drafts.

BrazForPhins
08-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I had a draft tonight and got Kevin Jones and Cedric Benson as backups RB's. I'm willing to trade one of them to get some better receiver.

I could get a solid receiver for Benson, or a stud receiver for Jones. There are several people in need of rb's in this league.

Who would you trade?

PressCoverage
08-03-2006, 03:23 AM
define sleeper, (as in, rounds 10+... or 5-9?) and our weigh-ins can be compared and contrasted..

BrazForPhins
08-03-2006, 08:21 AM
well, sleeper picks I'm talking about here are picks nobody's making the due expectation of him, but you are.

i.e. Ronnie Brown is being selected late first/early second. But in my opinion he could be a Top 5 RB this season, and TOP3 pick next year, so he's a sleeper pick. Players that you target and pick later than they should be taken in your opinion.

NewEra8
08-03-2006, 12:56 PM
DEF

1.) ARI, ARI
2.) NYJ, NYJ
3.) BUF, BUF
4.) MIN, MIN
5.) HOU, HOU

:confused:

Mile High Fin
08-03-2006, 01:43 PM
well, sleeper picks I'm talking about here are picks nobody's making the due expectation of him, but you are.

i.e. Ronnie Brown is being selected late first/early second. But in my opinion he could be a Top 5 RB this season, and TOP3 pick next year, so he's a sleeper pick. Players that you target and pick later than they should be taken in your opinion.

Anyone taken below where their 2006 performance will justify...

Mile High Fin
08-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I had a draft tonight and got Kevin Jones and Cedric Benson as backups RB's. I'm willing to trade one of them to get some better receiver.

I could get a solid receiver for Benson, or a stud receiver for Jones. There are several people in need of rb's in this league.

Who would you trade?

Personally, I think BOTH will have breakout seasons (relatively speaking).
However, Benson may lose carries to T.Jones (yes, he's currently making waves and is hurt, but both those could resolve themselves by Week 1).

Kevin Jones is the clear starter....

I'd hold onto BOTH until after the season starts, and let their value continue to rise, and then, in mid-season, when someone else's stud-starting RB gets hurt (which will happen), you'll have an even MORE desparate owner willing to trade for one of them. And you can wait-and-see who's value increases the most, and get the max WR trade value at the time.

Good luck...:cooldude:

BrazForPhins
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Personally, I think BOTH will have breakout seasons (relatively speaking).
However, Benson may lose carries to T.Jones (yes, he's currently making waves and is hurt, but both those could resolve themselves by Week 1).

Kevin Jones is the clear starter....

I'd hold onto BOTH until after the season starts, and let their value continue to rise, and then, in mid-season, when someone else's stud-starting RB gets hurt (which will happen), you'll have an even MORE desparate owner willing to trade for one of them. And you can wait-and-see who's value increases the most, and get the max WR trade value at the time.

Good luck...:cooldude:

thanx Mile

That's what I'll do! Everybody in this league is kind of dying for WR's. They did not realize yet the value of RB's.

I'll cash in a stud Receiver later...Not to mention that I'm not that desperate for a stud receiver. I have Chambers, K. Johnson, A. Bryant and Michael Clayton..all of them should put at least 800 yds 4 TDs, if healthy..aside Chambers who might have an amazing season.

I'll keep them :evil:

byroan
08-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I screwed up in one of my drafts and ended up taking 3 RB's who have a week 6 bye week, Ronnie is my only back that week that is playing.

BrazForPhins
08-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I screwed up in one of my drafts and ended up taking 3 RB's who have a week 6 bye week, Ronnie is my only back that week that is playing.

I hope he does the whole work for ya :D

54Fins
08-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Hilton-te from Saints.If Brees stays healthy,Hilton will be his main safety valve (ala A.Gates when he was a nobody)

Batman13
08-06-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a soft spot for speed guys across from possesion WR's, So I like Sinorice Moss and Bernard Berrian (I think both will take the #2 spot by seasons end). Also, Mike Bell is gonna steal some carries in Denver.