PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to hop on the Cubs bandwagon?

LeftCoastPhin
04-14-2003, 02:17 PM
While there are still respectable seats! :bandwagon:

Ok, here's the deal baseball fans: The Cubs are for real!

The Cubs are #2 in the NL in ERA and #6 in offense ranking them # 4 overall. The only other teams that can lay claim to that successfull balance are the Giants and Phillies. The Giants HAVE to come down to earth soon, it's just ridiculous. I dont know much about the Phillies, they seem to be for real.

The Cubs pitching is the real deal, and the offense probably wont keep up the current pace but should be able to provide just enough punch. Also, they could deal for another bat.

One other important stat category: defense. With the Cubs' pitching they have to have good defense. Currently, their D is 13th in the league whereas the Phillies and G-men are #1 and #2. So, I was not happy about that because #13 isn't gonna cut it. However, I looked into where the errors were coming from and 5 of the Cubs 10 errors have came from pitchers and catchers. The catchers on the Cubs are good defensively and will be above the NL average so that's no problem. Take out the 3 errors by the pitching staff assuming things will even out and that leaves the Cubs with 5 errors, putting them RIGHT up with Philly and the Giants. True, I spun the stats to the Cubs favor but you gotta figure their catchers are a strength not a weakness and the pitching errors SHOULD even out. Getting rid of the only bum on the staff, Estes, who commited 2 of those errors would be a good start. The good news is the rest of the D is playing well.

THE CUBS ARE FOR REAL, RESERVE YOUR SPOT ON THE 'WAGON NOW!!

t2thejz
04-14-2003, 03:28 PM
:couch: not me

Migs182005
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
While the Cubs might be good, I'll stick with my Marlins :lol: :hitself: :splat: :spit:

The Giants are going to win the NL this year

and the AL is between the Yankees and A's.

Sorry man, but look at it this way. If the Marlins don't make the playoffs....

Then go Cubs! :D

dolfan06
04-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
While there are still respectable seats! :bandwagon:

Ok, here's the deal baseball fans: The Cubs are for real!

The Cubs are #2 in the NL in ERA and #6 in offense ranking them # 4 overall. The only other teams that can lay claim to that successfull balance are the Giants and Phillies. The Giants HAVE to come down to earth soon, it's just ridiculous. I dont know much about the Phillies, they seem to be for real.

The Cubs pitching is the real deal, and the offense probably wont keep up the current pace but should be able to provide just enough punch. Also, they could deal for another bat.

One other important stat category: defense. With the Cubs' pitching they have to have good defense. Currently, their D is 13th in the league whereas the Phillies and G-men are #1 and #2. So, I was not happy about that because #13 isn't gonna cut it. However, I looked into where the errors were coming from and 5 of the Cubs 10 errors have came from pitchers and catchers. The catchers on the Cubs are good defensively and will be above the NL average so that's no problem. Take out the 3 errors by the pitching staff assuming things will even out and that leaves the Cubs with 5 errors, putting them RIGHT up with Philly and the Giants. True, I spun the stats to the Cubs favor but you gotta figure their catchers are a strength not a weakness and the pitching errors SHOULD even out. Getting rid of the only bum on the staff, Estes, who commited 2 of those errors would be a good start. The good news is the rest of the D is playing well.

THE CUBS ARE FOR REAL, RESERVE YOUR SPOT ON THE 'WAGON NOW!! no way, the only one i come close to watching are the angels, and thats only if i break my leg in front of the tv and can't move!:tongue:

Kamikaze
04-14-2003, 11:22 PM
I gotta stick up for my Cubbies! They have the talent this year to go far, but the Giants are pretty damn scary this year. Of course, every year I hold out for a North Side/South Side Series.

LeftCoastPhin
04-15-2003, 11:19 AM
I dont get the Giants, I didnt' think they were that talented LAST year and they went all the way to the series. Now, with what LOOKS like a rag tag team, they are 12-1. They are good, but if they win the NL again this year, I'll eat my shorts!

Man, I jinxed the Cubbies last night. All 3 phases played like dog doo-doo. :yell:

And now we have Estes going, :rolleyes: But we are playing the Deds so maybe we can slug out a win.

dean_siu
04-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Leave me off that bus as well......

Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fins1
04-28-2003, 10:07 PM
GO CUBS, Life long fan!!! This is the YEAR!!!

P4E
04-29-2003, 03:28 AM
I vote that the U.S. Congress -- which granted MLB the anti-trust exemption -- mandate that rules enforcing strict parity analogous to that in the NFL be imposed upon MLB. Once that's in place you might find me in Fenway Park.

dolfan06
04-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by fins1
GO CUBS, Life long fan!!! This is the YEAR!!! not from what i saw sunday!:eek:

fins1
04-29-2003, 12:32 PM
It's a long season. you have to watch more than one game. they have the pitching this year. They are in First you know.

Biggunndunn
04-29-2003, 01:57 PM

I've been saying that since i was 8 "this is the year" it should be fun:eat:

dolfan06
04-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Biggunndunn

I've been saying that since i was 8 "this is the year" it should be fun:eat: fantastic sig!:lol:

Peebs
04-29-2003, 11:23 PM

Isn't this what all the cub fans said back in 2001 when they got off to fast start? And what happened at the end of that season? Same s!@# that happens at the end of every cubs season :lol: :lol:

The World Series isn't played in April. Too bad for Cubs fans though.

dolfan06
04-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Peebs

Isn't this what all the cub fans said back in 2001 when they got off to fast start? And what happened at the end of that season? Same s!@# that happens at the end of every cubs season :lol: :lol:

The World Series isn't played in April. Too bad for Cubs fans though. yeah, but if its between the cubs and the giants, i'll take the cubs hands down!;)

Biggunndunn
04-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Peebs

The World Series isn't played in April. Too bad for Cubs fans though.

True...i still cant believe I still watch spoorts growing up a Cubs/Bears/Bucs fan...