PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Asks Jews for Help in Healing

BAMAPHIN 22
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Mel Gibson's latest apology drew mixed reactions from Jewish leaders, with some saying they were willing to help the actor address the anti-Semitic slurs he made during a drunken driving arrest and others demanding proof of his repentance.

Gibson made his second public apology Tuesday, four days after he was arrested for investigation of drunken driving following a hostile, offensive confrontation with deputies.

A law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity said the sheriff's report says Gibson told the arresting deputy: "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asked him, "Are you a Jew?"

The apology went far beyond the first directed primarily to deputies and addressed Jewish groups directly. "Please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith," he said in a statement.

"There will be many in that (Jewish) community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable," he added. "But I pray that that door is not forever closed."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2263965

Boik14
08-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Lets see; he works in hollywood and he has negative things to say about jews? Yep, his career is over lol. Gotta love that liquid courage.

Pagan
08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Lets see; he works in hollywood and he has negative things to say about jews? Yep, his career is over lol. Gotta love that liquid courage.
You also have to love the Hollywood Hypocrisy.

It's no problem when actors call the president an a-hole (Whoopi Goldberg) or say that the country is being run like nazi Germany (Susan Sarandon), because that's something they all believe in.

However, say something about the Jews and you're blacklisted. Hmmmm....

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-02-2006, 10:25 AM
well i doubt he's blacklisted.

playmaker1
08-02-2006, 10:42 AM
wow, I don't know if I feel bad for him, or if I just want him to dissapear.

tucker
08-02-2006, 10:42 AM
he makes too much money for hollywood to be blacklisted

Spray Mucus
08-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Gibson shouldn't be the only one asking the Jews for Help in Healing

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2655195&postcount=3 :shakeno:

SkapePhin
08-02-2006, 11:25 AM

Maynard was being sarcastic...

JSwerdy
08-02-2006, 11:58 AM
its not just the blacklisted thing, but Disney was gonna let him direct/produce a film on the holocaust. how do you let someone do a film on that subject after comments like these? especially with the way his last religious work was interpreted by non-christians

Celtkin
08-02-2006, 12:03 PM

Why bro? You didn't have to go there. You already knew that Maynard was being sarcastic. You took part in this discussion, remember?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=150972

These from Miamian was particularly telling:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2662612&postcount=15
and
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663407&postcount=21 (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663407&postcount=21)
and
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663480&postcount=23

ih8brady
08-02-2006, 12:04 PM
he needs help, I hope he gets it and gets his life together.

Roman529
08-02-2006, 12:37 PM
If Mel's career is over well he has several hundred million in the bank to live on....poor Mel....he really has it tough.

SkapePhin
08-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Funny thing is, I thought Jesus had saved him before.. What happened?? Does Jesus wear off like Aspirin?

Spray Mucus
08-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Why bro? You didn't have to go there. You already knew that Maynard was being sarcastic. You took part in this discussion, remember?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=150972

These from Miamian was particularly telling:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2662612&postcount=15
and
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663407&postcount=21 (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663407&postcount=21)
and
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2663480&postcount=23

I was giving Maynard a hard time... it's what I do, Jesus made me this way.

Celtkin
08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I was giving Maynard a hard time... it's what I do, Jesus made me this way.

Jesus had little to with creating either of us. If he had, he'd still be working to get the smell off of his robes.
:lol:

A Wing Pilot
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
You also have to love the Hollywood Hypocrisy.

It's no problem when actors call the president an a-hole (Whoopi Goldberg) or say that the country is being run like nazi Germany (Susan Sarandon), because that's something they all believe in.

However, say something about the Jews and you're blacklisted. Hmmmm....
The problem is that people take attacks on politicians personally, just because they have some of the same beliefs. So please understand, when someone insults the president, they're insulting the president, not you.

Attacks on a people be it of race or religion is a little bit different

I must have forgoten that I own a bank since I'm jewish. Oh and I probably have a big nose too, Any other stero types you'd like to add in there?

My response to Gibson:
Gibson can kiss my big fat Tukus (Yidish for ***). He spoke his feelings as he was uninhibited. I don't buy it at all. But then again instead of complaining I just won't go see his movies & I won't go see things made by his production company. Thats the beauty of america If i don't like it i just change the proverbial "channel" or deny him profits from my own pocket!!!

Pagan
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
The problem is that people take attacks on politicians personally, just because they have some of the same beliefs. So please understand, when someone insults the president, they're insulting the president, not you.

Attacks on a people be it of race or religion is a little bit different
Dude, spare me. I'm Wiccan, I know all about attacks on religion, trust me.

So what you're saying is that some people (and I never said I did, so I don't know where you got that idea from) take attacks on politicians personally because they have some of the same beliefs...yet it's different when a religion is insulted because you share the same beliefs?

Hmmmm....

Beliefs are beliefs bro.

But the point I was making seems to have flown over your head. Hollywood seems to have no problem insulting anything as long as most of them back it. That's the point I was trying to make. When it hits close to home then they get all high and mighty.

I can guarantee you that if Gibson came out of that cab and said that the Italians were responsible for global warming, you wouldn't be hearing such a big stink about this.

I must have forgoten that I own a bank since I'm jewish. Oh and I probably have a big nose too, Any other stero types you'd like to add in there?
This is funny to me. You really think that there isn't a strong Jewish presence in Hollywood? You're kidding, right?

Maybe the next time I watch the Sopranos I'll fool myself into believing that no Italians ever were in organized crime either. :rolleyes:

Newsflash son, the Jewish people aren't the only ones who've been stereotyped. Lighten up a bit, willya? :wink:

A Wing Pilot
08-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Dude, spare me. I'm Wiccan, I know all about attacks on religion, trust me.

So what you're saying is that some people (and I never said I did, so I don't know where you got that idea from) take attacks on politicians personally because they have some of the same beliefs...yet it's different when a religion is insulted because you share the same beliefs?

Hmmmm....

Beliefs are beliefs bro.

But the point I was making seems to have flown over your head. Hollywood seems to have no problem insulting anything as long as most of them back it. That's the point I was trying to make. When it hits close to home then they get all high and mighty.

I can guarantee you that if Gibson came out of that cab and said that the Italians were responsible for global warming, you wouldn't be hearing such a big stink about this.

This is funny to me. You really think that there isn't a strong Jewish presence in Hollywood? You're kidding, right?

Maybe the next time I watch the Sopranos I'll fool myself into believing that no Italians ever were in organized crime either. :rolleyes:

Newsflash son, the Jewish people aren't the only ones who've been stereotyped. Lighten up a bit, willya? :wink:

At no point am I or was I mad at you, I think you're great. You bring up a very good point. I just feel that it applies differently to "famous people" vs. The common man. People such as the president are able to be "targeted" its part of what happens, however joe schmoe does have rights that "celebrities" gave up to gain there positions.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are jewish people in high spots in hollywood, but I'm also not so foolish as to believe that they are the ONLY ones, or have some sort of secret meetings or some weird crap going on. I'm just not a big sterotype fan; be it italian, jewish, white, black, the list could go on and on. I just don't like it unless its followed by a smiley. its way to hard to interpert on a messge board.

You're right I'll lighten up:cooldude:
The only sterotype I can really approve of is if you aren't a dolphin fan then you Suck!!!!

Pagan
08-02-2006, 04:11 PM
At no point am I or was I mad at you, I think you're great. You bring up a very good point. I just feel that it applies differently to "famous people" vs. The common man. People such as the president are able to be "targeted" its part of what happens, however joe schmoe does have rights that "celebrities" gave up to gain there positions.
I didn't think you were mad bro, sorry if it seemed that way. Maybe I should have explained myself better. Believe me, he should be held accountable for what he said. I believe that totally. And I agree with what you said...when Joe Schmo is doing the criticizing.

However, when OTHER celebs are doing it, it comes off as shallow when they are only held accountable for when they blast certain things. That's what I meant. They should be held accountable ALL the time.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are jewish people in high spots in hollywood, but I'm also not so foolish as to believe that they are the ONLY ones, or have some sort of secret meetings or some weird crap going on. I'm just not a big sterotype fan; be it italian, jewish, white, black, the list could go on and on. I just don't like it unless its followed by a smiley. its way to hard to interpert on a messge board.
Ah bro, but unfortunately EVERY stereotype is based somewhat on fact. That's how they get started.

I often wonder what some Polish person did all those years ago to start all those jokes. :wink:

You're right I'll lighten up:cooldude:
The only sterotype I can really approve of is if you aren't a dolphin fan then you Suck!!!!
Gotta agree with you there! :lol:

And when I said lighten up I wasn't saying it in a mallicious way. I think the first poster that you responded to was saying what HE said in a humorous way also.

JSwerdy
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
i ahve a problem with celebrities using their money as a soapbox to preach about which they know nothing. let the political scholars do the talking, not ben aflak and matt damon. let the theologans talk, not mel gibson. these people think that cuse they are famous they are right. intelligence has never been a strong focus of the entertainment industry (isnt TV meant to appeal to the lowest common demoninator and avoid intellectualism cuse it isolates too much of the audience)

Maynard the Hammer
08-03-2006, 12:57 AM
I was giving Maynard a hard time... it's what I do, Jesus made me this way.ok. im glad i saw this before posting. :) also thanks for backup for the unaware.

the jewish community should take him up on his offer. his heart may never change, but his behavior may and that's more important, imo.

Jt0323
08-03-2006, 02:18 AM
10 bucks says hes also an Anti-Dentite too...

JSwerdy
08-03-2006, 02:37 AM
"We dont take kindly to your type around here!!! Yea you!!! we dont take kindly to PANDA BEARS around here!!!"...."now skeeter, he aint botherin nobody""

PressCoverage
08-03-2006, 03:42 AM

Dunno about that... he's got more money than ... most everyone...

He could fund his own film, easily... Without the help of Hollywood...

Miamian
08-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Ah bro, but unfortunately EVERY stereotype is based somewhat on fact. That's how they get started.

I often wonder what some Polish person did all those years ago to start all those jokes. :wink:

[/b] Could that have been started by Germans? These cross-border rivalries happen quite frequently. Many Cubans joke the same way about Puerto Ricans.

Miamian
08-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Just one example: when I worked in Miami, there were naturally many Cubans and Cuban-Americans in the office. One of them like to joke like that about Puerto Ricans. Once he came to the office and here's the ensuing dialogue:

Ron: I just heard on the news that there was a plane crash in Puerto Rico!

Me: Oh no, where in Puerto Rico?

Ron: The plane crashed into a cemetary in Vieques.

Me: That's terrible. Was anyone killed.

Ron: They've already found three thousand bodies and are still finding more.

I was taken aback for a second and the secretary started laughing.