PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar:Supernova

Fin Fan in Cali
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I just wanted to see if anyone is watching this, and who do you want to win. I want Dahlia (SP) the one chick with the different color hair, and the hot rocking voice to win. She nailed her performance last night.

d-day
08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I just wanted to see if anyone is watching this, and who do you want to win. I want Dahlia (SP) the one chick with the different color hair, and the hot rocking voice to win. She nailed her performance last night.

she also fits the band the best too

dahlia... nailed... fits... now we're talking

ponchovilla
08-02-2006, 07:56 PM
the canadian guy is good, also the guy who did rem was great.

darkmistress
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Dilana is the best out of them all hands down she should win... only I think they keep looking at Toby as the potential winner they're just waiting for him to be more in your face... :yes:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-02-2006, 08:11 PM
When she rocked in front of the band in there face, and then got a ride on dudes shoulders back to the stage, that was it.:wink:

Buddwalk
08-02-2006, 08:23 PM

I've caught the last couple episodes actually...my boss recommended it :yes:

d-day
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
patrice just scored big points pulling out the jeff buckley song :yes:

i could talk per usual all night how great i think jeff b is, but if anybody watched the show tonight, did you see the band while they were playing it? talk about getting off... proof is always in the pudding

Buddwalk
08-02-2006, 10:43 PM
couple talented people on this show...but daughtry could clean house :yes:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I am watching now. I missed it at 5.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-02-2006, 11:54 PM
How in the heck did Lukas guy not get in the bottom three?:tantrum:

Buddwalk
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I like that one chick that was wearing the gstring outfit the 2 nights ago...her singing sucks but shes definitely got the body to pull it off :dday:

1crazy_finfan
08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Arizphinfan and I watch it religiously...haven't missed an episode yet..and we both are going for Dilana also, she kicks butt!!:rocker: We were shocked to see Dana go last night...whats up with that?!? :confused:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I like that one chick that was wearing the gstring outfit the 2 nights ago...her singing sucks but shes definitely got the body to pull it off :dday:Brother Budd, she can't even pronounce half the words.:rolleyes:

Buddwalk
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Brother Budd, she can't even pronounce half the words.:rolleyes:

hey when ya look that good...who cares about singing :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-03-2006, 09:02 PM
hey when ya look that good...who cares about singing :tongue: :tongue: :tongue::sidelol: :rolleyes:

arizphinfan
08-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Arizphinfan and I watch it religiously...haven't missed an episode yet..and we both are going for Dilana also, she kicks butt!!:rocker: We were shocked to see Dana go last night...whats up with that?!? :confused:

I was shocked to see Dana go last night, it should have been Patrice! :shakeno: Dana was better than her last night!

arizphinfan
08-03-2006, 11:30 PM
How in the heck did Lukas guy not get in the bottom three?:tantrum:

You're right FFiC...he has sucked the whole time, I dont know why he wasn't in the bottom 3!?!:mad:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-04-2006, 12:13 AM
You're right FFiC...he has sucked the whole time, I dont know why he wasn't in the bottom 3!?!:mad: How is life treating you and the soon to be misses bro? Hope all is well.:wink:

arizphinfan
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
How is life treating you and the soon to be misses bro? Hope all is well.:wink: Were both good just waiting for football season

Buddwalk
08-05-2006, 12:41 PM
could anybody do me a favor and maybe send me a pm or just post something in here when its on that night...I guess i missed the last episode. I will admit it is entertaining :yes:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 08:32 PM
could anybody do me a favor and maybe send me a pm or just post something in here when its on that night...I guess i missed the last episode. I will admit it is entertaining :yes:i will send you a pm bro. It's on twice a week. The one day they all sing, and then on the second day the bottom three sing to stay on the show.:wink:

Buddwalk
08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
its on right now the one chick is singing the who - wont get fooled again

kinda sounds like crap though :nono:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM

kinda sounds like crap though :nono:Budd did you get the email I sent you from work?

d-day
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM

kinda sounds like crap though :nono:

she's the real deal - no other singer on the show has the natural charisma and personality she does - great voice too - real raspy with a lot of range - no other singer on the show "fits" the band like she does - she won this contest first week it started...

Buddwalk
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
she's the real deal - no other singer on the show has the natural charisma and personality she does - great voice too - real raspy with a lot of range - no other singer on the show "fits" the band like she does - she won this contest first week it started...

this is only the 3rd episode i've watched...entertaining

that guy who did the paint it black was horrible though...I enjoyed the girl who sang queen - we are the champions

Zayra Alvarez is on...with a super tight gold dress...mmm camel toe :dday:

Budd did you get the email I sent you from work?

nope didnt check my emails...let me check now k bro

Buddwalk
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Josh Logan is doing a great job on the stp song :yes: and tommy wanted to rock with him too :buddwalk:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-08-2006, 09:37 PM

kinda sounds like crap though :nono:I think rocks with the right touch this band needs.:wink:

Buddwalk
08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I think rocks with the right touch this band needs.:wink:

hey bro thx for the email update...I really appreciate it, I'll have a nice chat with my boss tomorrow bout this rockstar supernova hes a big fan, and loves chatting with me bout music :buddwalk:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-08-2006, 09:47 PM
hey bro thx for the email update...I really appreciate it, I'll have a nice chat with my boss tomorrow bout this rockstar supernova hes a big fan, and loves chatting with me bout music :buddwalk:That's great bro.:wink:

Walking25
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
creep

Fin Fan in Cali
08-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hey Jeff your mom has got to be jumping up and down after Toby performed.:wink:

FinSinceBirth
08-08-2006, 09:59 PM
what channel?

Fin Fan in Cali
08-08-2006, 10:02 PM
what channel?Just ended bro. It's CBS. It comes on Monday's right after Big Brother, and they have the bottom three perform tomorrow night to see who stays and who goes home.:wink:

Buddwalk
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Just ended bro. It's CBS. It comes on Monday's right after Big Brother, and they have the bottom three perform tomorrow night to see who stays and who goes home.:wink:

you mean tuesdays :wink: :wink: :wink:

Buddwalk
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
bottom 3 tonight

I think josh seriously hurt himself with the bad company performance...showed no range and he sang out of tune

the blonde who did respect did a decent job...still no aretha franklin but hey who is

the two encore performances were both pretty good actually...that bald guy imo with his last two performances has won this whole competition

Fin Fan in Cali
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
bottom 3 tonight

I think josh seriously hurt himself with the bad company performance...showed no range and he sang out of tune

the blonde who did respect did a decent job...still no aretha franklin but hey who is

the two encore performances were both pretty good actually...that bald guy imo with his last two performances has won this whole competitionBro Josh should still be there that Zita chick excuse the spelling may have a great body, but she sucks at singing.:wink:

Buddwalk
08-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Bro Josh should still be there that Zita chick excuse the spelling may have a great body, but she sucks at singing.:wink:

thats the only reason zayra has stayed on the show this long...her singing is horrible but her body is very nice to look out :yes:

I liked josh's stp performance and his sublime one...but that bad company performance of shooting star was bleh at best bro

Fin Fan in Cali
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
thats the only reason zayra has stayed on the show this long...her singing is horrible but her body is very nice to look out :yes:

I liked josh's stp performance and his sublime one...but that bad company performance of shooting star was bleh at best broI disagree which is okay. I like the range he brought with his performances. For him to play guitar, and sing Shooting Star was good for me. He will make it.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I think Magni's performance tonight was good.

1crazy_finfan
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok, is anyone else in shock here that TLee axed 2! I know Jill was gone, she sucked...but Josh?!?:confused: He was pretty good singing Bad Co.'s "Shooting Star" we thought! BTW...I wanna go to Vegas with them... :boohoo:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Supernova is on in 10 minutes.:wink: If you get East Coast channels.:D

Roman529
08-23-2006, 12:00 AM
I just tune in for Brooke Burke. :tongue:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
It's on right now.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Just a heads up, this will be on in 15 minutes on the east coast!:wink:

Roman529
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Dilana just did "I Want You to Want Me," by Cheap Trick.....kind of cool.....the other chick is also on the bubble. I don't think either chick will make it fronting Supernova, but they are both better than Joan Jett.

Fin Fan in Cali
09-06-2006, 09:43 PM
I am pulling for Magni, or Toby. I have gotten soured on Dilana's LSD(Lead Singer's Disease) atttitude.

NJFINSFAN1
09-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Dilana or Lucas should have gone, they are the two that I don't like.

NJFINSFAN1
09-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Toby, just gets it!, He has fun and gets the crowd into it. He should win.

I liked Storm, but my back hurt watching her stand so straight ever week so her breasts stuck out! Don't get me wrong, loved the breasts, but man it must hurt to stand that way all the time!:rolleyes2

Roman529
09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I am pulling for Magni, or Toby. I have gotten soured on Dilana's LSD(Lead Singer's Disease) atttitude.

I like Magni,,,I think he is from Iceland?...the land of Bjork. :lol: Dilana does have too much attitude and she screams off key. They cut the other chickie (Storm). I wonder if Brooke Burke can sing?

darkmistress
09-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I like Magni,,,I think he is from Iceland?...the land of Bjork. :lol: Dilana does have too much attitude and she screams off key. They cut the other chickie (Storm). I wonder if Brooke Burke can sing?

I disagree completely, Dilana is the best of the lot. Unfortunately something more than what's been said on tv has happened behind the scenes to make them all turn off her so much. Toby should win now. :yes:

NJFINSFAN1
09-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I disagree completely, Dilana is the best of the lot. Unfortunately something more than what's been said on tv has happened behind the scenes to make them all turn off her so much. Toby should win now. :yes:

Do tell!!!!!!!:yes:

Toby should have done last years show, is not INXS a Aussie band?

Roman529
09-06-2006, 10:16 PM

Dilana was stabbing some people in the back and bad mouthing people off stage,,,she was caught on tape doing this,,,I think this really hurt her chances. I know Jason Newsted took a lot of crap from Metallica when he joined them and I don't think he would put up with people back stabbing each other like Dilana did. I saw Jason playing for a college band called Flotsam and Jetsam long long ago...he is not as good as Cliff Burton but he still rocks.

darkmistress
09-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Do tell!!!!!!!:yes:

Toby should have done last years show, is not INXS a Aussie band?

I don't actually know (I meant must have happened) but for them to turn on her the last couple of weeks like they have surely has to have some deeper motive than her having put down the people she is competing against in a competition she wants to win... surely

I think Toby and Marty from last year should have swapped seasons. :yes:

Fin Fan in Cali
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Dilana in rage a couple of weeks a go lost it when they were off the air, and went wild, was crying, and through a glass down, and it accidentally cut Magni in the head. The thing I liked about Storm is that she never gave up, didn't get down when she was in the bottom three, and was always cheering everyone else on. I know Dilana has better vocals then Storm, but i just see if Dilana was to make it, that they would run into problems with her right away, and then going for the back up singer.:wink:

Hey Jeff, moms might be right on Toby!:D

Noodle Arm
09-07-2006, 08:39 AM
I admit, I hadn't watched this season until the past few weeks (I watched all of last season, but Supernova didn't interest me).

I'm not going to say who's my favorite, simply because I haven't watched it long enough, but Toby's original song was great. Instantly memorable and would probably be a hit on the radio right now.

Roman529
09-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I can't decide whether to watch Supernova or Dancing with the Stars tonight? Jerry Springer and Emmitt Smith are gonna dance (not together) :wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Well I know the winner, but i will say until the West brothers and Sisters have had a chance to watch. I will tell you this it surprised me for sure.:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Toby should have won, he gets the crowd into it the most. After that, when he was knocked out it should have been Dilana. Lukas does nothing, and I'm so sick of hinm sticking his tonuge out with his fingers in his mouth!!!

NJFINSFAN1
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Well I know the winner, but i will say until the West brothers and Sisters have had a chance to watch. I will tell you this it surprised me for sure.:wink:

ooppssssss! Sorry west coasters!!!!

Fin Fan in Cali
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Toby should have won, he gets the crowd into it the most. After that, when he was knocked out it should have been Dilana. Lukas does nothing, and I'm so sick of hinm sticking his tonuge out with his fingers in his mouth!!!Now that you let the cat out of the bag Greg.:tongue: I liked Toby as well. I don't think that Lukas fits them that well, but we will see.:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
09-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Now that you let the cat out of the bag Greg.:tongue: I liked Toby as well. I don't think that Lukas fits them that well, but we will see.:wink:

Oh well John, I forget about you west coasters all the time!!!:lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh well John, I forget about you west coasters all the time!!!:lol:I saw it due to the wonderful East Coast channels on direct tv.:wink:

d-day
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Dilana or Lucas should have gone, they are the two that I don't like.

...but those 2 fit the band the best - they're dirty like the band - i thought it would be dilana for teh win - lucas second

NJFINSFAN1
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
...but those 2 fit the band the best - they're dirty like the band - i thought it would be dilana for teh win - lucas second

Toby is so much better, even Dilana is much better then Lucas.

Plus the ladies like Toby, more ladies makes Tommie Lee happy!!!!

1crazy_finfan
09-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Ariz & I are sooo mad at the choice that was made! :fire: We thought for sure it would be Dilana, she was the best, heck we would have been happy with Magni or Tobey too..but Lukas?!? :shakeno: They just lost 2 fans now!:mad:

darkmistress
09-14-2006, 06:41 PM
I agree, only Lucas is just bad. How he managed to avoid the bottom three so often baffles me. You can't even make out what he's saying when he's singing.

What the band failed to understand (because apparently it was based on the fan vote) was that Dilana was only in the bottom three because they kept putting her down over that stupid overblown incident. It's a real shame, but their problem I suppose.

Noodle Arm
09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I liked Toby's original song a lot..I wanted him to win :lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
09-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I think Lucas is going to find it hard sing on a nightly basis. By that I mean I don't think he has enough depth in his voice to be heard clearly and strongly, especially when Tommy starts smashing the skins.:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
09-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I still say Toby would have been the best bet. He got the crowd going the most! After that I would have said Dilana. Magni may have been the most talented, but like they said, he just seems happy being part of the band. Lucas???? Just bad!!!

Agent51
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
OK, I know this is pretty late, but I HAVE to respond to this, since I was absent from the boards when the show was on.

I don't normally watch shows like this, but I figured I'd check it out since it was rock n roll instead of stupid pop stuff like American Idol and such. From day one I wanted Toby to win. I liked his voice the best, and Toby, along with Magni and the girls, were the only ones who DIDN'T look like tools to me. The rest looked so fake it was a joke.

Anyway, I started to get really annoyed by the show, because it seemed like every friggin week there were 2457834 Nirvana songs being covered, or other songs from that era, yet Supernova's orignial music didn't sound like that style, so why have these people coveruing songs that don't sound like you (not to mention I hate Nirvana and think they are the most overrated band ever, so it was a chore to watch)? I would have liked to see more "ballsy" covers instead of doing cheesey Nirvana and The Killers covers all the time. It seemed more like "overrated pop-rock-star supernova" to me.

OK, on to the winner. Worst....choice....EVER IMO. Lukas was HORRIBLE, he only did ONE song where he "showed range" and the rest of the time he was just grumbling, not to mention he FORGOT THE WORDS on songs and always turned his back on the crowd and his stage movement looked like he was jesus on a crucifix (with his arms always out) having a seizure :shakeno:

Toby should have won, hands down. He had the best stage presence, by far, plus he had a damn good voice, with great range and it was loud enough to not be drown out by the guitars. Not to mention he was a hard partyer, like the band and he showed he was passionate about the songs he sang (see, the naked pool run for a song, and then having Dilana do it when he didn't even want the song, lollol). Plus he was a great songwriter (his song was damn catchy, lol).

Toby was praised by Jason in the finale for his voice and range being "by far the best" and his great stage presence, yet then he was sent home with no explaination of why, just "you're the first gone". He was also praised by Gilby in the songwriting session for being "creative and having great songs, as usual" and Lukas was bashed because he "came in with just a catchy chorus, which is typical Lukas".

I just think Lukas is such a bad fit. He needs to be in an industrial rock band (like Orgy or something, lol), and I don't think Supernova is industrial rock, they seem to be trying to bring back rock n roll, Velvet Revolver style, and Toby, or even Magni's voice, are MUCh better fits for that. I like Toby so much that I was going to get tickets to one of their shows if he won. I figured it'd be cool to not only see Toby, who I think is a great frontman, but also see Tommy, Gilby, and Jason live, who are all legends in their own right. However, no friggin' way in HELL am I going to go to a Supernova show now, with that joke and major tool that is Lukas :shakeno:.

extrabdm
10-11-2006, 03:01 PM
impressive

Motion
11-17-2006, 03:28 PM
No wonder Lukas won

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/2079_1162399339-1.jpg

http://www.dc101.com/pages/donipage.html

Pagan
11-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I never watched it. The whole thing is a joke to me.

Bands shouldn't be created like an assembly line. Bands...good bands, are like small families. The chemistry needs to be there, and they have to be formed, not created.

This is no different than a rock & roll version of Menudo. :shakeno:

In_Flames
11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Bands shouldn't be created like an assembly line. Bands...good bands, are like small families. The chemistry needs to be there, and they have to be formed, not created.

:clap: agree 100%...

Buddwalk
11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
I never watched it. The whole thing is a joke to me.

couldnt have said it better my self :wink: :wink: :wink: