PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Success

steel-x
08-03-2006, 09:13 AM
http://s15.invisionfree.com/No_Limit_Sports/index.php?showtopic=795

With the drafts approaching I wanted to get something out there for all of you to use, so I figured what better technique then telling you how I draft.

My Five keys to success
1. Be Prepared
2. Pay Attention
3. Be on Time
4. Have a Strategy
5. Don't be that guy

1. Be Prepared

Being prepared is the key to fantasy football drafts don't come on prepared or you will loose heavily on getting that guy you should have had. Do your research before you get to the draft and don't pick up a magazine at the convenient store with your six pack or 12 or 24. Take sometime to read through the rules and make some cheat sheets for yourself. Do not go into a draft saying this is how I am going to do (RB,RB,WR,QB) because who knows how your draft will pan out. You could be sitting on a better player according to your sheets at #2 or #3. If you know your scoring system you should be able to figure out the rest. Also come to the draft with some pens and markers.

I use these same techniques for online drafts as well.

Do not be that guy that picks the wrong guy every round because they are looking through spanky's fantasy draft guide and settling on a player because you could not get passed the 35 ads.

2. Pay Attention

If you are not paying attention at a draft you are missing out on key things. You should never have to ask who just went? or picking the guy that was picked 2 places a head of you. If you are sitting there after your next pick yapping about loosing on an AK before you came and someone offers up a trade to grab there pick and you miss your opportunity you will look back and say WTF I would have gave you more? Especially online drafts there is always trades lurking if you can move up to get that guy you covet and you see an opportunity that you can get him cheap don't miss your chance. Don't be that guy to miss the opportunities.

3. Be On Time

Yeah it seems simple but in some of the leagues I am in and some that I Commish there are rules that state you need to be there on time. You maybe have to settle for a QB in the first round.

4. Have a Strategy

Like I mentioned before you don't have to go in with the I am going to draft a RB #1 a RB #2 and a WR #3 if you go in and know what's going on because of your cheat sheets and you know the rules you will be fine. Don't pass up a guy that is going to score you the same as your next 2 picks because of your strategy. Example

You draft X RB at pick #8 and it comes to you in the second where Payton Manning is sitting there and you know your going to be able to get the same quality of back in the third as you are in the second but Manning and the back you get in the third are going to score you on an average of 45 a week as opposed to 30 points a week from your next to picks. Make the right moves and know the scoring system.

5. Don't be that guy

Yeah don't be that guy and break these guidelines because if you do you will be that guy fishing for another league at the midway point or being like the Cleveland browns in week 3 who is going to be the #1 pick for me next year.

Happy Drafting I hope this Helps