PDA

View Full Version : Cali Finfans please help me

Anthony D.
08-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey guys,
Unfortunately, I just got divorced this past week. I signed away my home and everything in Kissimmee to my ex so there would be no problems and just packed my car and left for Simi Vally, CA. My brother hooked me up with a good job here. Where are all the Finfans???? Please help as I feel lost.:boohoo:

Perfect23
08-04-2006, 02:07 AM
u c I dont understand why do the woman get the house car and whatever else they want

rob19
08-04-2006, 02:08 AM
sry to hear that dude

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
08-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Cali fan here. Same school as our new wide receiver Derek Hagan

Mr Yu
08-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey guys,
Unfortunately, I just got divorced this past week. I signed away my home and everything in Kissimmee to my ex so there would be no problems and just packed my car and left for Simi Vally, CA. My brother hooked me up with a good job here. Where are all the Finfans???? Please help as I feel lost.:boohoo:

Check in with Fin Fan in Cali , bro. He's our man on the west coast.

Sorry about the divorce and the problems coming with that. Don't dwell , hang out here and it will all be good in time.

-BTW , Fin Fan needs some help with remodeling, Can you paint?

Mr Yu
08-04-2006, 02:29 AM
u c I dont understand why do the woman get the house car and whatever else they want
I understand where you are coming from, don't get jaded at your age. You have plenty of time for that.

mk613
08-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Califin fan right here in SF!

icephinfan
08-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Cali fan here,Simi Valley, I got buddies up there. Just up the coast from me.

JBinSD
08-04-2006, 03:02 AM
Moving to San Diego in two weeks.... YUP!

americanmoose84
08-04-2006, 03:21 AM
All of us Cali fans are trying to put to get together some time during the season. Look up the post it is around here somewhere. Best of luck with everything.

TrojanFin
08-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Hey man... I live in Simi Valley. If you want to know some local places to go watch the fins, just hit me up. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things work out for you here in Cali.

Dolfan984
08-04-2006, 04:23 AM
I live between San Fransisco and Sacramento, so if you end up near there, send me a PM.

TheMageGandalf
08-04-2006, 04:45 AM
Hey guys,

Dude, sorry to hear about your situation brother that bites.

How is it out there? You dont seem to be to far off from L.A.

I hear anywhere in and around L.A. is crap because of gangs and whatnot.

Is that true or just people who aren't used to a big city talking trash?

Go Fins:dolphins:

tkPhinFan
08-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Moving to San Diego in two weeks.... YUP!

Moving to San Diego one week from today. :cooldude:

Wyvern_Bob
08-04-2006, 06:10 AM

Like most big cities LA has good and bad. Simi was actually rated one of the lowest crime cities in the US a couple of years back (last I saw it was still in the top 25) due, it is said to the large number of cops that live there. I'm just down the road a few miles in The Valley which is pretty decent but elsewhere in LA there sure are some places you don't want your car to break down.

Anyway Anthony, welcome to LA - there are a few of us Fin fans around but I don't know of any local places where they tend to gather to watch games etc

Califin
08-04-2006, 06:27 AM
My condolences to your previous marraige Anthony D.

Having said that, welcome to So Cali!
Where you've still got sun, (and therefore heat) but generally nowhere near the kind of humidity you likely grew accustomed to in Florida

Still not that far from the beach, and thus new potential prospects, but before you go jumping into any new all consuming flames, you might want to tune your radio to 97.1, and get primed with Tom Leykis on the drive home after work.
I'm not too far from Simi, just off the 210/118 Frwy, about 20 minutes east.

You've likely got some decent sportsbars out there, but if not,
PM me, and I'll let you know of some out my way.

I think Fin Fan in Cali, lives farther down south, toward Oceanside or San Diego .
When the team comes to town, he becomes the consumate Master of Ceremonies, sounding his conch shell, He summons rallying hordes of Finfans, from Pacifica, to Pacific Beach. :rawk:

Miamifin23
08-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah bro california sucks when it comes to divorces, the women get everything. I'm up here in Northern California.

califinfan13
08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
:dolphins: WHATS UP BRO!! SORRY 4 THE DEVORCE. I STAY IN "PASADENA":dolphins:

Gardenhead
08-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Anthony, sorry about the divorce. Best of luck to you in California.

Look on the bright side. Now, on Sundays, you don't have to wait until 1:00 to see the Fins play! You wake up, drink some coffee, and watch the Fins!

13isGOD
08-04-2006, 10:46 AM
So Cal fan here, sorry to here you
sorrows. I went through the same thing last year.

snap
08-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm moving to LA next month...gonna be recruiting for the U.S. Navy!!

Fintastic1
08-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear about your divorce. But keep your head up, it'll get better with time.

I'm a little south of Fresno and probably am not too much help.

But out here we really should rally up all the Dolfans.

PHINATIC13
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Hope things turn around for you bro, welcome to the left coast(the better one:D ).

SF Dolfan
08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
We're pretty far away but if you ever find yourself in SF for a weekend, plenty of good spots to watch and we'd love to have another fan in tow. Best o' luck with the move. CA is great. Make sure you check out the obvious stuff like Yosemite, Red Wood National, etc... and check out SF at some point too. Different vibe up here compared to socal depending on what you like. Also, if you have a motorcycle or ever wanted to get one... this place is incredible.

SF Dolfan
08-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Hope things turn around for you bro, welcome to the left coast(the better one:D ).

damn right! haha :lol:

Dolphins54
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Hey man. Sorry to hear about the big D. Anyways, I live in Woodland Hills and bartend at a sports bar type restaurant atmosphere in Woodland Hills. We are only about 20 minutes apart. PM me and I can give you the scoop on whats good around town. Every Sunday, my lady drops me off at a great sports bar called Yankee Doodles. Usually after the early games, a bunch of us head back to my place for some more beers, usually some poker, and obviously the afternoon games are on television. Good to have ya here in SoCal.

FinFanGirl
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Califin fan right here in SF!

S.F. Here tooo -- where do you live???

Phins81
08-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Moving to Sacramento area in three weeks. Good luck with your move!

John Biello
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
look on the bright side, now youve got options, find yourself a nice 19 year old cali babe, and relax on the beach until its football season

Amars
08-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Check us out in the Tailgatting forum. We'll be meeting up a couple off times during the season.

jdang307
08-04-2006, 02:16 PM
San Diego native here. The weather is much milder here than in Florida, so you'll have to get used to it a bit. 80 degrees is death and 60 degrees is freezing!

Samphin
08-04-2006, 02:20 PM

Not exactly true. Funny, I have heard the same things about Miami. Sorry, I just get a little ticked when people generalize to that degree. L.A. has some bad parts, but the ENTIRE area isn't horrible. There are a lot of great areas in and around L.A.

As for me, I live up by San Fran and Sacramento. In fact, Dolfan984 and I live pretty close to one another. Sorry to hear about the divorce too. Sounds like you got fleeced (as usal with us guys ), but sometimes it is better to just cut yourlosses and go forward, which sounds like you are doing.

buttaonaroll
08-04-2006, 02:26 PM
fin fan new to pacific beach.... where do we watch the games?

SF Dolfan
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM

hey finfangirl, were u the one i was talking to 2 seasons ago when we were all scrambling to try to find a place that would show the tennesse opener and it ended up that noone could show it? that was depressing. of course in hindsight, it may have been better that we didnt actually see that particluar game. i try to tell myself that...

anyway, i will likely be at the kilowatt this season if any other SF ppl are interested in joining.

Anthony D.
08-05-2006, 01:25 AM
You guys are awesome. Write me some mail and maybe we can all get together with califinfan for support. I can't wait to see Pep shut the critics up!

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,
Unfortunately, I just got divorced this past week. I signed away my home and everything in Kissimmee to my ex so there would be no problems and just packed my car and left for Simi Vally, CA. My brother hooked me up with a good job here. Where are all the Finfans???? Please help as I feel lost.:boohoo:Welcome to Cali! You will be up a lot farther North then I am. I am south at Oceanside. Know this bro, that life will get better! Keep your head up, and enjoy the start to a new beginning. Wish you the very best.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:12 AM
For the California family. If you are in or around Oceanside and need a place to watch the game, let me know.:wink:

icephinfan
08-05-2006, 02:11 PM

I lived here my whole life, don't be fooled by what you see on TV. Yeah, there are gangs and all, but just go your way and they go there's. I go to downtown L.A. alot and have no problems.

mk613
08-06-2006, 04:36 AM

I live out in the Richmond district. How about yourself??

Bpk
08-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Hey there,

I live in West L.A. and I'm looking for bars in the greater LA area/valley/beaches that are known Phins fan haunts. So far I've turned up nada, so maybe it's time to get NFL network.

Either way, I think all the Cali Phins Fans should hook up at a bar or house for the playoffs this year :))))))

Barry

Bpk
08-07-2006, 01:43 AM
"Simi Valley MVP Sports Southwest corner of First and Los Angeles. According to reports: The place is not very clean, not many people there, the waitresses will grudginly take your order for cold and greasy food...but, they carry all the games via satelite. [Fan] would recommend going somewhere else to catch the game, but if you have no choice, have some breakfast at home and head out to MVP. West Hills Casa De Pizza 7543 Fallbrook. its a great place with lots of dolfans showing up every sunday.the food is great & the beer is cheap."

B.