PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson, Number 1 on the Depth Chart?

Vertical Limit
08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Atleast temporarily, Thomas Jones may miss up to 2 exhibition games this preseason with a hamstring injury.

I'm excited to see what Cedric Benson can do.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bearnt03.html

dominizzo
08-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Cedric is a sleeper pick! I see big things from him

Dors156
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
what thats a shock.benson over jones.i want to see what the former longhorns got

ih8brady
08-05-2006, 06:28 PM
ouch, he got injured just as he got an opportunity. Benson has had it rough in the NFL so far.

Aqua4Ever04
08-06-2006, 02:18 AM
I just think it's crap that they already handed him the job, throwing aside a guy who is just one year removed from a 1300 yard season. Thomas Jones was the ONLY bright side of that offense last year. Sure Benson is a tremendous talent, but Jones proved himself last year.

speedy1383
08-08-2006, 11:31 PM
The Bears have had a very bad offseason IMO. They didn't improve their offense at all. They ticked off one of their best players on offense last year. They haven't taken care of Lovie Smith with a contract extension. It seems like they would want to build on their success from last year, but they haven't. I feel they will definitely take a step back wins wise this year.

Sirspud
08-09-2006, 01:42 PM
The Bear's are my second favorite team and I can say that Thomas Jones is good nothing special at all at RB. He was the focus of the entire offense last year and 1300 yards was the least he could get. Benson's few oppurtunities last year showed that he can be be exceptional. The Bears year will depends on their passing coming around, I expect the running game to be good with either Jones or Benson...even peterson for that matter.