PDA

View Full Version : Madden '07. BJ vs Culpepper.

Prophet
08-04-2006, 12:23 PM
According to Madden 2007, Brad Johnson has better vision than Daunte. Check out the size of their cones!
Brad:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/maddenqbconecomparison200607260535455490-1.jpg
Daunte:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/maddenqbconecomparison200607260536187050-1.jpg

They must be taking his injury into consideration. I don't even play these games.

Motion
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Wtf?!?!?

Prophet
08-04-2006, 12:27 PM
I guess it goes back to the old saying, 'it's not the size of the cone, it's how you use it."

Motion
08-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I guess it goes back to the old saying, 'it's not the size of the cone, it's how you use it."

True, I always select the WR I want before I hike the ball anyway but thats just a slap in the face to Daunte.

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 12:51 PM
i wonder if they will expand his cone in an update after the season starts (obviously with the other updates they do w/ roster and stuff)....like if he is starting game 1 or w/e would they have the ability to change his cone.

that is truly ridiculous, i mean seriously gus frerrottes was like that....jeez what a joke.

Prophet
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm wondering if Daunte's cone is altered. Look at the crispness of the edges of the cone compared to Johnson's. I've never played this game so could someone tell me if that is suspect? It looks like it to me.

Motion
08-04-2006, 02:40 PM
The cone size is based on their awareness rating, which is the most easily improved rating during gameplay, I guess they think since he missed most of last season his awareness will be down.

BE GOOD
08-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Jeez, Culpepper's cone is like 1/3 of Johnson's. Thats pretty ridicoulous.

dQbell
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM

:lol:

Dors156
08-04-2006, 04:07 PM
thats so dumb

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 04:12 PM
well my question is, would EA be able to make his cone larger throughout the year...like is that even possible? is it feasible?

dQbell
08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
well my question is, would EA be able to make his cone larger throughout the year...like is that even possible? is it feasible?

I'm thinkinig that with roster updates it is. I'm sure it's a simple if/then clause that says if certain aspects of a rating is such, then cone is a specific size.

PhinSoldia
08-04-2006, 07:19 PM
it really doesnt matter to me...he will have about 6 or 7 years before he retires...by then i would have inproved that cone..and have drafted his replacement in year 3

oodolphins
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Press the Y button! Press the Y button! He's open down the middle!!! :D

HysterikiLL
08-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Has anyone seen Peyton's cone? It's hilarious. It literally spans the ENTIRE field.

edit:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/maddenqbconecomparison200607260535516740-1.jpg

It's like 6 times the size of Daunte's. :lol:

childoftheko4n
08-04-2006, 11:00 PM
ya, like someone said earlier (up there somewhere), the cone does look a bit modified. the edges arent the same on dauntes as brads

PhinSoldia
08-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Press the Y button! Press the Y button! He's open down the middle!!! :D

:sidelol:

paq7512
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
That is rediculous, I hope this is a bug.....
HEHE

Reminisce32
08-06-2006, 06:13 PM
billy volek... gus frerrotte... sage rosenfels vision cones are WAY bigger then peppers

305TillIDie
08-06-2006, 06:26 PM
oh well..time to turn off that vision cone :yes:

Link
08-06-2006, 06:30 PM

I do that anyway. I like that feature a little, but I find it kind of annoying.

But I am pretty sure that the cone can get larger and it is likely effected by stats.

PhinSoldia
08-06-2006, 06:53 PM

how can you say that...the vision cone is probably the most realistic aspect of the game...

instead of trying to learn, understand and perfect it you just want to take it out.....

thats not being a real madden player kid :shakeno:

AirMarino83
08-06-2006, 07:18 PM
man... and i was thinking "cant wait for 07 cause we got dante... his cone will be huge... no more feely/gus sized cones." i sure hope this is not the correct size of dante's cone...

"were talkin about cones haha"

Dolfan984
08-06-2006, 08:05 PM
how can you say that...the vision cone is probably the most realistic aspect of the game...

instead of trying to learn, understand and perfect it you just want to take it out.....

thats not being a real madden player kid :shakeno:

Seriously man. I play madden for money quite often. Then some dude talkin hella **** tryin to think he's badass plays me and then I see him turn off QB Vision. I'm like "You don't know how to play Madden buddy, learn how to use the cone and we'll talk"

Good post :)

Reminisce32
08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I hate the cone, never used it, and im one of the best. If anyone wants to try to proove me wrong I play 360, GT is Torrellio.

tmny99
08-06-2006, 09:11 PM
That's garbage. Daunte is definitely getting the shaft in the game. I think his cone is smaller that Gus's. Now that sucks.

dominizzo
08-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Sad

Motion
08-06-2006, 10:17 PM
But I am pretty sure that the cone can get larger and it is likely effected by stats.

:yes: Awareness

Motion
08-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I hate the cone, never used it, and im one of the best. If anyone wants to try to proove me wrong I play 360, GT is Torrellio.
Thats kinda the point that the people before you were saying, the cone makes things more challenging and realistic. So you saying you don't use it then saying your one of the best is kind of an oxymoron.

Alex44
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM

1- You arent the best

2- I would play you but I play PS2 and it isnt connecting to the internet right

3- If you cant even use the cone right you arent a real 'player' how can you be the best when you cant even use a simple feature that makes the game EASIER once you perfect it

Dolfan984
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Thats kinda the point that the people before you were saying, the cone makes things more challenging and realistic. So you saying you don't use it then saying your one of the best is kind of an oxymoron.

1- You arent the best

2- I would play you but I play PS2 and it isnt connecting to the internet right

3- If you cant even use the cone right you arent a real 'player' how can you be the best when you cant even use a simple feature that makes the game EASIER once you perfect it

:yeahthat: can you even turn it off online in a ranked game?

Reminisce32
08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
yes you can turn it off. Its a garbage feature I refuse to use. I use Precision passing instead; if you know what that is. I'm the best at what I do, and my way. People have different preferences. If using the cone enhanced my performance I would use it, but it doesnt.

And yes I am the best, and no im not just talking out my ***, if you were to play me you would understand.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 11:33 PM
i think i used the cone once in a practice sesssion on my first run of madden '06. never even thought about turning it on again. it's just dumb and tedious.

although, to be honest, i'd say brad probably deserves a bigger cone than culpepper. he's much more aware of his surroundings than just about any QB in the league.

Alex44
08-06-2006, 11:50 PM
yes you can turn it off. Its a garbage feature I refuse to use. I use Precision passing instead; if you know what that is. I'm the best at what I do, and my way. People have different preferences. If using the cone enhanced my performance I would use it, but it doesnt.

And yes I am the best, and no im not just talking out my ***, if you were to play me you would understand.

Precision passing works better with the cone.

You can use the cone to effectivly look off defenders, pump faking with the cone is extra effective, on a draw play quickly tilt the QB's vison to the other side to lure the defense away from the play and break a big game

The cone isnt meaningless you just suck thats all

And if we were to play (PS2) you would quit after the first quarter

Alex44
08-06-2006, 11:51 PM
:yeahthat: can you even turn it off online in a ranked game?

Never tried really, I keep connecting to the internet and it says my DNS isnt responding

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 12:04 AM

then your not one of the best kiddo...struggling and getting better at something new and something you dont like makes you a stronger person...and a stronger player.....

you must be real lonely

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 12:07 AM
i think i used the cone once in a practice sesssion on my first run of madden '06. never even thought about turning it on again. it's just dumb and tedious.

although, to be honest, i'd say brad probably deserves a bigger cone than culpepper. he's much more aware of his surroundings than just about any QB in the league.

personally.... my opinion of your video gaming prowess is already low and this just makes it worse

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 12:23 AM
personally.... my opinion of your video gaming prowess is already low and this just makes it worse gosh, what will i do with my life.

at least i lived up to your preconceived notion of my gaming prowess.

King Felix
08-07-2006, 12:31 AM
the cone is sweeeeeet

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 12:32 AM
gosh, what will i do with my life.

at least i lived up to your preconceived notion of my gaming prowess.

no its just the comments you have made thus far...about a few topics...and yes you are living up to my notion...and because your being so immature about criticism tells me alot about you outside of the gaming world...and yes its the same way....and yes while you might not care at all...im letting you know from the outside looking in. that you have a way to go and thats not video games thats real talk in real world

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Well, I'm not here to talk ****. I'll leave that up to the rooks. Like I said, if anyone wants to proove me up jump into the future, get yourself a 360 and shoot me a messege; until then none of you have anything to say. I love how people tell me I'd quit in the first quarter, how lovely.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Well, I'm not here to talk ****. I'll leave that up to the rooks. Like I said, if anyone wants to proove me up jump into the future, get yourself a 360 and shoot me a messege; until then none of you have anything to say. I love how people tell me I'd quit in the first quarter, how lovely.

personally i wont play with u until you agree to use all the features of madden..and im not even a 360 man...

why am i going to give you an easy advantage that i dont and shouldnt have

Alex44
08-07-2006, 12:48 AM

You dont even know how to use the passing cone correctly.

To be the best you actually have to know how to use the features, thats like saying you dont like coverage audibles or something

I hate XBox anyway so why would I get a 360 just to play someone who doesnt even know how to use all the controls?

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Until I use all the features in madden?

Don't attack other members. Name calling is an attack

PS. Of course I know how to use vision, apparently you haven't watched the best play or play with the best. The feature blows.

Alex44
08-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Until I use all the features in madden? Dude, you're a scrub. You're probably one of those guys who cry cheese after they get it handed to them. Play under any condition or go home cry baby. Use whatever team you like, do whatever you gotta do. I guarentee you no rookie telling me to use "all" madden features will beat me. Run along now... you don't know who you're talking to.

PS. Of course I know how to use vision, apparently you haven't watched the best play or play with the best. The feature blows.

The feature is effective if you use it right.

Im talking to a wanna be best madden gamer who doesnt know how to correctly use all the controls thats who

P.S. What are you seven? I dont play XBox I play PS2 so you would already have an advantage there.

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Stay in PS2 then, nothings stopping you. If you want to stay in the past go ahead. I beat everyone I come across, Ive beaten last years final 8 MC finalist, I beat the best in all the 360 online leagues I can find in madden and NCAA. I practice more then I play, if you only saw the stacks of hand written strategy I have all laid out for madden. You just don't know.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Until I use all the features in madden? Dude, you're a scrub. You're probably one of those guys who cry cheese after they get it handed to them. Play under any condition or go home cry baby. Use whatever team you like, do whatever you gotta do. I guarentee you no rookie telling me to use "all" madden features will beat me. Run along now... you don't know who you're talking to.

first of all the first rule is dont underestimate...and then piss off oponents...

a rookie? you need to play in the real tournaments B....and if you dont want to play with vision you need to take it a year off and play madden 05 again kid...because your not ready to step your game up....you wanna talk about me being a rookie B...i won and placed top 3 in in four tournies this year...where the vision cone had to be put on....see me in a tournament game B...

The name calling isn't needed folks.

you the type to go looking for prostitues because its easier than getting a real girl B thats real talk

you the type of ignorant players that pay my tuition every semester

Alex44
08-07-2006, 01:06 AM
first of all the first rule is dont underestimate...and then piss off oponents...

a rookie? you need to play in the real tournaments B....and if you dont want to play with vision you need to take it a year off and play madden 05 again kid...because your not ready to step your game up....you wanna talk about me being a rookie B...i won and placed top 3 in in four tournies this year...where the vision cone had to be put on....see me in a tournament game B...

EDIT

you the type to go looking for prostitues because its easier than getting a real girl B thats real talk
Thats a huge rule I try and follow :D but then again Im not afraid of pissing him off, all I have to do is turn the cone on and dominate him

@ Him

Yeah Im in the past :rolleyes: Im waiting for the PS3 to come out, I can stand XBox thats why I dont have a 360

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 01:17 AM
The feature is effective if you use it right.

Im talking to a wanna be best madden gamer who doesnt know how to correctly use all the controls thats who

P.S. What are you seven? I dont play XBox I play PS2 so you would already have an advantage there.

how bout those marlins Alex :lol: we didnt do so good today

Alex44
08-07-2006, 01:26 AM
how bout those marlins Alex :lol: we didnt do so good today

That was random :lol:

Not so good the last 3 days :nono:

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 01:35 AM
If you can't keep keep my gaming forum clean, you can take a break from it

Alex44
08-07-2006, 01:38 AM
How can I play you exactly without an XBox :rolleyes:

Who is crying? Your the one acting like a little baby because we wont bow down to your madden skills, here let me spell it out for you

Your a n00b on this site with 50 posts, (most of which have been BS), you carry yourself like a little kid who got his lollipop stolen, you have credibility on this site yet. Sorry.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 01:46 AM
REMOVED
you the one thats spitting nothing but gas B,
C'mon guys. We know better than this

Alex44
08-07-2006, 01:48 AM
you the one thats spitting nothing but gas B,

REMOVED
:yeahthat:

Well I did say I could beat him with the vison cone on :lol: but im just basing that off the fact that he doesnt use it

Besides even if I lost I would just use it as motivation to get better anyway

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
You need it

Alex44
08-07-2006, 02:39 AM
You need it

You need to get some credibility on this site other than trash talking, because if you did maybe people would believe you

Dolfan984
08-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Dude, once you learn how to beat real people in tournaments which use the passing cone, we'll talk. Talk about living in the past, no passing cone = madden 2005.

Cool Calm Mike
08-07-2006, 04:01 AM
I've seen Daunte's ratings, they screwed him.

His overall is high, top 10 for QB's.

92 overall. 77 speed. 79 awareness. 98 throw power. 84 accuracy.

That's what you get for having the highest completion percentage of all-time. An 84 throw accuracy.

Dolfan984
08-07-2006, 04:39 AM
79 awareness? Ouch, big ouch.

DoLpHiNz34
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Absolutely. Last year Eli Mannings cone was increased greatly by the last updates. I remember that one clearly and I believe Big Ben was the same

Motion
08-07-2006, 01:08 PM

So that was you winning the Madden Bowl on ESPN this past weekend? Wow, congrats!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
no its just the comments you have made thus far...about a few topics...and yes you are living up to my notion...and because your being so immature about criticism tells me alot about you outside of the gaming world...and yes its the same way....and yes while you might not care at all...im letting you know from the outside looking in. that you have a way to go and thats not video games thats real talk in real world
i'm not going to take criticism seriously about a subject you know nothing about (me), about something i don't take seriously at all (being a master of madden). because i don't want to use the passing cone, that says a lot about my life? grow up little boy.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm not going to take criticism seriously about a subject you know nothing about (me), about something i don't take seriously at all (being a master of madden). because i don't want to use the passing cone, that says a lot about my life? grow up little boy.

dont misread the statement and get upset at it...not because you dont use the passing cone that doesnt say anything about your life, that just makes you a real 1st grade player....but the fact that you took what i said and went off the deep end says alot about who you are and where you need to be MENTALLY....your gaming skills will speak for itself. but your attitude is horrible

you dont know a fool is a fool until they open thier mouths....

so please...close yours

xDOLPHINSx
08-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow what a thread to read through, lol. Daunte definitely got screwed, but I did fine with Frerotte at the helm so it doesnt bother me much. I have mastered playing Madden with terrible QB's.

And for the guy saying he is the greatest madden player to ever walk the earth, you need to get your s*** straight. The QB cone feature is there to make things more challenging for the passer. Turning it off is the b**** way out of it. You can never be a top player unless you use that feature, end of discussion. The point of it was so that you have to look at a reciever and then throw to him, pretty realistic eh. Instead of being able to run to the left and just chuck it to the right side of the field for a completion, not realistic, dont you think?

Now, I know you are going lash out on me for this comment, so please think about what you're going to say, maybe read through it a few times, and try to make it sound some-what intelligent, instead of just a 10 year olds rant about how hes the greatest madden player ever, ok?

xDOLPHINSx
08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
UF Fin Kat, you're cool with me, some people choose to turn off the setting and that is fine, just as long as your not saying your the greatest player ever like that other kid. :D

Motion
08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
dont misread the statement and get upset at it...not because you dont use the passing cone that doesnt say anything about your life, that just makes you a real 1st grade player....but the fact that you took what i said and went off the deep end says alot about who you are and where you need to be MENTALLY....your gaming skills will speak for itself. but your attitude is horrible

so please...close yours
Isn't that the truth. :rolleyes: Especially when people take a comment about a video game and turn it into a psychiatric evaluation.

This thread is getting deep.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Isn't that the truth. :rolleyes: Especially when people take a comment about a video game and turn it into a psychiatric evaluation.

This thread is getting deep.

technically an attitude evaluation is hardly psychiatric, i'd be appauled if i have to pay 150 dollars an hour for someone to say my attitude sucks...and it wasnt made after a "comment about a video game" it was given after a reaction to a comment about a video game....slight difference. and as stated before i have sat and read time and time again to UF Fin Kat ranted and raved and got on other people about thier opinions and was hardly candid about her own...thats cool...but what the problem is, is when some one makes a negative opinion about her and all of a sudden the claws come out

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 08:36 PM

so please...close yours
:lol: went off the deep end?

Motion
08-07-2006, 10:01 PM
technically an attitude evaluation is hardly psychiatric, i'd be appauled if i have to pay 150 dollars an hour for someone to say my attitude sucks...and it wasnt made after a "comment about a video game" it was given after a reaction to a comment about a video game....slight difference. and as stated before i have sat and read time and time again to UF Fin Kat ranted and raved and got on other people about thier opinions and was hardly candid about her own...thats cool...but what the problem is, is when some one makes a negative opinion about her and all of a sudden the claws come out

I'm just saying man, objectively, seems like your making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one IMO.

We're WAY off topic here.......Lets at least try to get this thread back on track.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm just saying man, objectively, seems like your making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one IMO.

We're WAY off topic here.......Lets at least try to get this thread back on track.

i guess so but she disrespects everyone and expects people to appreciate her pesemistic opinions.....truth said...and back on topic..the vision cone has been the most necessary addition to the game.

Reminisce32
08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
My point simply being, I would smash anyone here, and most people in most states in madden. And I'm willing to proove that to anyone on here who has a 360. No need to get offended.

xDOLPHINSx
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
My point simply being, I would smash anyone here, and most people in most states in madden. And I'm willing to proove that to anyone on here who has a 360. No need to get offended.

You must have a bunch of friends...:shakeno:

PhinSoldia
08-08-2006, 12:38 AM
You must have a bunch of friends...:shakeno:

no i dont think he has any...just him and his madden even though he plays with important features off

Reminisce32
08-08-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm not going to warn you again

Alex44
08-08-2006, 03:10 AM
REMOVED
It actually makes it easier if your good enough to know how to use it, which you arent.

Dolfan984
08-08-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't play online ranked game without the passing cone. Am I wrong?

inFINSible
08-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Are there any mods in here???

mor911
08-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Are there any mods in here???
:yes:

inFINSible
08-09-2006, 07:20 AM
:eek:

Holy cow, it's worse than I thought....I better go for back-up.