PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising available on XBLM

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Demo is now available...it is a touch over 1GB...

this is a game I was contemplating buying, but unfortunately from what i have read from the people who already played the demo, it does kinda disappoint. i would think its still worth the d/l, but in effect the game is probably a renter.

i read about it here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=707047

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

more screens here

http://xboxyde.com/news_3272_en.html

mor911
08-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I never even considered buying this, but I want to play the demo. Zombie games are meh... And Capcom is meh.

Bruzer
08-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Im still waiting for a good zombie game I don't count like resident evil in the same genre im thinking because you face a couple at a time in that. I want a good zombie horror game where in alot of scenerios there is nothing but zombies as far as eye can see etc..

Phinz420
08-04-2006, 01:37 PM
The game looks somwhat a generic attempt by Capcom. They are trying to cash in on their Resident Evil popularity meanwhile throwing in some similarities to Dawn of the Dead's mall frenzy. After seeing the videos I have to say the graphics are quite disapointing, but the number of enemies on screen makes it a bit different than other zombie titles. I think if Capcom fails on this it will be from their lack of a story/ gameplay depth.

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
forget what the tools at AVS are saying....i have been reading more at teamxbox and people are going nuts over the demo....

there are like 500 items in the game you can use to kill zombies.....you can throw cooking oil on the floor and the zombies slip in it...you can kill with a frying pan, or put the frying pan on the stove to heat it up then hit them with it and it burns their faces....

so much more as well....d/l the demo, i cant wait to get home to check it out.....

mor911
08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
You've gotten me excited Phin... I'm downloading as soon as I get home. Nothing like free demos. I love you Xbox Live.

Bruzer
08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Yea if I get a xbox this is definately a rent atleast because thats what I read that almost everything is a weapon which just could be some fun gaming.

dQbell
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
forget what the tools at AVS are saying....i have been reading more at teamxbox and people are going nuts over the demo....

there are like 500 items in the game you can use to kill zombies.....you can throw cooking oil on the floor and the zombies slip in it...you can kill with a frying pan, or put the frying pan on the stove to heat it up then hit them with it and it burns their faces....

so much more as well....d/l the demo, i cant wait to get home to check it out.....

You know, I suck at gaming. I mean...I was playing the demo and messing around, and I was like.."Ohh cool you can kill the zombies with a cash register." Then I read something like this where guys find out all about different things.

I don't know, sometimes it bothers me that somethings come so easy to other people when they're playing. Why I'm saying this hear..I don't know. Sorry.

Anyway, it's a cool game, the graphics are kind of blah. I thought squared characters and jaggies were supposed to be a thing of the past. Hopefully the story line will make up for what seems to be a slasher type game.

Bruzer
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
dqbell you got to understand that with that many characters on the screen at once even though its 360 the polies have to be limited. Thats what causes the blockiness... plus way i see it gameplay is all that matters.

mor911
08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
dqbell you got to understand that with that many characters on the screen at once even though its 360 the polies have to be limited. Thats what causes the blockiness... plus way i see it gameplay is all that matters.:yes:

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
here is a map for the game...if you go into where any of the "X's" are the demo will end.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dQbell
08-04-2006, 03:22 PM
dqbell you got to understand that with that many characters on the screen at once even though its 360 the polies have to be limited. Thats what causes the blockiness... plus way i see it gameplay is all that matters.

I hear you, It's a fun game too. I just need to be a little more nifty in my gaming. I read about how all these people are finding things and I'm still strummin along.

Thanks for the map, Phin-o.

Phinz420
08-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I saw in one of the videos where you can place a large orange cone on the zombies heads so they cant see where they are going. You can also use an umbrella as a battering ram/shield to plow through a group of zombies :goof:

The only down side that I can see from such a large amount of ways to play with the zombies is that it definatly took away development time from stuff like the story, level design, and depth.

Even if it does turn out to be one of those games that leaves us all wanting more depth, it still looks like alot of fun.

Pagan
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM

Exactly what I've heard.

ANYTHING in the mall can be used as a weapon, even zombies you've killed already! AND...the sheer amount of them coming at you!

I can't wait to download this, I've been waiting for this game since it was announced! :rawk:

Dors156
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
this game does look pretty cool

N-A
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I've played the demo 5 times now (it's got a 15 minute timer). I'll definitely be buying the game.

Some of the things I've done: Put that Lego mask on a bunch of zombies and taken a photo of them, run through the mall with a shopping cart mowing down zombies, hucked a pie in a zombie's face while wearing really short shorts and a horse mask then ripped his pie-covered head off with a scythe, spit in a zombie's face...

Yeah, the game's awesome.

mor911
08-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I was very impressed! The still screens definitely don't do it justice. It's fun as hell. The graphic models aren't so great, but that's expected when there's 1000+ characters on screen at the same time. The backgrounds look absolutely beautiful. Not convinced on buying it yet, but I really like it.

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 10:35 PM
im not quite sure its worth 60....although i could see the potential of this game if you have the whole thing....maybe ill wait to get a used copy, or rent it or something....seems liek a fun game to just jump on and slay zombies mindlessly

also i hear there is a katana, an uzi and pistols in the demo version.

Phin-o-rama
08-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Katana is on the 2nd floor over the edge of the restaurant... :D

lol woot...

mor911
08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Katana is on the 2nd floor over the edge of the restaurant... :D

TheMageGandalf
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Going to DL the demo tonight.

Quick question though. What is the point of the game? Are all you doing is endlessly killing the zombies in the mall or do you actually have any interesting objectives/ levels?

I mean there has to be a point when the game says you beat it, no?

UltraDol-Fan
08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
your supposed to be finding a guy to save but I could never find him...the one thing about the demo that pissed me off was if you leave the mall the demo ends. The first time I played it I played it literally like 25 seconds, made a wrong turn and the demo was over! So far the only cool weapons I've found are the scythe and the shotgun. head shots are cool! oh, I've also beeaten a zombie with a giant pink stuffed toy :lol:

Dors156
08-10-2006, 06:36 PM
your supposed to be finding a guy to save but I could never find him...the one thing about the demo that pissed me off was if you leave the mall the demo ends. The first time I played it I played it literally like 25 seconds, made a wrong turn and the demo was over! So far the only cool weapons I've found are the scythe and the shotgun. head shots are cool! oh, I've also beeaten a zombie with a giant pink stuffed toy :lol:

pink toy:lol:

UltraDol-Fan
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
my friend from work just informed me that you start with the shotgun, so just ignore me, I have absolutely no idea what is going on right now :lol: