PDA

View Full Version : The Descent Trailer

BAMAPHIN 22
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
See the following link for the Decent Trailer:http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808715948/info

DrAstroZoom
08-04-2006, 05:12 PM
This is the most critically celebrated horror film in years. I can't wait.

Dors156
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
it looks like a good movie

tucker
08-04-2006, 06:38 PM
its been out for a year or so now..it was good, i watched it in the dark on my couch to try and give it a scarier feel...it wasnt anything special, but the girls were hot..i guess i'll watch it again to see if it better a second time...and they are making a sequel

dominizzo
08-04-2006, 08:10 PM
CAntWait!! Hope it wont be a Flop

dominizzo
08-04-2006, 11:28 PM
WHat a crappy movie!!
My god!!

No point whatsover

Worst film of the summer

Metal Panda
08-05-2006, 11:23 AM
WHat a crappy movie!!
My god!!

No point whatsover

Worst film of the summer

You heard him, guys...the film to see this year!

Dors156
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
You heard him, guys...the film to see this year!

:lol:

Prime Time
08-06-2006, 01:11 AM
It was ok. Had a few moments where it made me jump..and some very gruesome stuff in it too. The movie was worth saying If you have nothing else to do and want to see a horror film. If you can wait for DVD, then by all means wait.

Perfect23
08-06-2006, 01:19 AM
its been out for a year or so now..it was good, i watched it in the dark on my couch to try and give it a scarier feel...it wasnt anything special, but the girls were hot..i guess i'll watch it again to see if it better a second time...and they are making a sequel

I didnt even know it was in theaters yet:confused:

dominizzo
08-06-2006, 02:59 AM
It sucks

Perfect23
08-06-2006, 03:00 AM
It sucks

I knew it would there hasnt been a single good scary movie to come out in awhile

TexasFish20
08-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Just my opinion, but I liked it. Very nice character development and the creatures were creepy. I enjoyed it.

TexasFish20
08-06-2006, 04:04 AM
WHat a crappy movie!!
My god!!

No point whatsover

Worst film of the summer

LOL DOMINIZZO.........Do you like any movies?? I saw your posts on Miami Vice too. :lol:

Phinz4Life
08-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Wolf Creek sucked so bad.

The Omen remake sucked almost as bad.

We need something thats not an f-ing remake and thats a true horror movie.

Pagan
08-06-2006, 11:39 AM
It sucks
Now we know why Kat loves you! :lol:

Saw it last night. Had some good "jump" moments and some brutal gore. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.

tucker
08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I didnt even know it was in theaters yet:confused:it came out in europe first and finally made over to the states

Dors156
08-06-2006, 02:48 PM
i want to see this movie

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 02:51 PM
there hasn't been a good horror move in years.

TexasFish20
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Now we know why Kat loves you! :lol:

Saw it last night. Had some good "jump" moments and some brutal gore. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.

See that was what I thought. Not the best ever but was quite decent considering what's come out lately. BTW.......The Saw 3 Trailer was AWESOME!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :jumper: :dedolfan: :ffic: :rawk: :clap: :yes: :yes:

SpurzN703
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
WHat a crappy movie!!
My god!!

No point whatsover

Worst film of the summer

Wasn't Miami Vice the crap flavor of the week last week? :D

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 10:28 AM
REVIEW WITH SPOILERS!!! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE...

Dominizzo is dead wrong again. Seriously man, I don't get your tastes in movies at all.

Now, this movie wasn't amazing, but it was interesting.

I loved the atmosphere. The cave setting in itself could have made for a great horror movie. I liked the fact that it was slow to get going because it allowed us to feel the emotional connection between each character.

I also liked the fact that when things went awry...we could see the unity breaking apart. The friends slowly but surely started to consider their own interests over that of the entire group. They didn't react intuitively at all times, sometimes making rash decisions.

My one big gripe? The monsters were so SILLY looking, like right out of Doom 3. I can't fathom how in the late 70's, they could have made a menacing looking Alien in "Alien", and in 2006, we can't even generate a decent looking monster? The gore was pretty nice though.

Overall the atmosphere was great, and the movie good. I hear the ending in the states however is not the "real" ending, so I'm disappointed about that.

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
there hasn't been a good horror move in years.

this one was actually pretty good.

and I disagree...Miike's Audition and Ichi the Killer were pretty recent, and top notch.

dominizzo
08-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Whatever!!! you guys know your movies

Pagan
08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Now, this movie wasn't amazing, but it was interesting.
Agreed.

I loved the atmosphere. The cave setting in itself could have made for a great horror movie. I liked the fact that it was slow to get going because it allowed us to feel the emotional connection between each character.
I liked that too. I actually felt myself getting a little claustrophobic when they were crawling through the tight spaces!

I also liked the fact that when things went awry...we could see the unity breaking apart. The friends slowly but surely started to consider their own interests over that of the entire group. They didn't react intuitively at all times, sometimes making rash decisions.
Good call.

My one big gripe? The monsters were so SILLY looking, like right out of Doom 3. I can't fathom how in the late 70's, they could have made a menacing looking Alien in "Alien", and in 2006, we can't even generate a decent looking monster? The gore was pretty nice though.
Only part I disagree with. They weren't really supposed to be "monsters", but mutated humans. At least that's what I got from it. And they looked pretty much like any living being from an environment devoid of light would look.

Overall the atmosphere was great, and the movie good. I hear the ending in the states however is not the "real" ending, so I'm disappointed about that.
I never heard that. What was the ending overseas? More than likely better. :tongue:

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Agreed.

I liked that too. I actually felt myself getting a little claustrophobic when they were crawling through the tight spaces!

Good call.

Only part I disagree with. They weren't really supposed to be "monsters", but mutated humans. At least that's what I got from it. And they looked pretty much like any living being from an environment devoid of light would look.

I never heard that. What was the ending overseas? More than likely better. :tongue:

SPOILERS!!!!!

Supposedly the lead female dies in the original ending.

Pagan
08-07-2006, 01:12 PM
MORE SPOILERS!

Damn, I would have LOVED that! Nothing better than a horror movie with NO happy ending....although the ending we have isn't exactly all warm & fuzzy. :wink:

tucker
08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
this one was actually pretty good.

and I disagree...Miike's Audition and Ichi the Killer were pretty recent, and top notch.you do know miike has filmed a showtime horror for the Master of Horror series and they wont play his episdoe b/c of how gory it is supposed to be...you can only find it on the DVD or bit torrent sites...here's what wiki said about it:

In 2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005), Miike was invited to direct an episode of the Masters of Horror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Horror) anthology series. The series, featuring episodes by a range of established horror directors such as John Carpenter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Carpenter), Tobe Hooper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobe_Hooper), and Dario Argento (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dario_Argento), gave virtual carte blanche to each episode's director to relax restrictions on sexual and violent content. However, when the Showtime (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showtime) cable network acquired the rights to the series, Miike's episode, titled Imprint, was apparently too graphic and disturbing for the network. Showtime cancelled it from the broadcast lineup even after extended negotiations and cuts, though it was retained as part of the series' DVD release. Mick Garris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Garris), creator and executive producer of the series, described the episode as "amazing, but hard even for me to watch... definitely the most disturbing film I've ever seen."

Prime Time
08-08-2006, 12:59 AM
MORE SPOILERS!

Damn, I would have LOVED that! Nothing better than a horror movie with NO happy ending....although the ending we have isn't exactly all warm & fuzzy. :wink:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't she die in the version here in the U.S.? After she puked she looked to the side and there was a girl mutant thing...

Noodle Arm
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
*Spoilers*!!!

For those who want to see the original ending...Here you go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wP7zx8ecqY)

tucker
08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
SPOILERS!!!!!

Supposedly the lead female dies in the original ending.well she kind of did in this movie..i mean she was stuck and had no way of getting out

Pagan
08-08-2006, 10:11 AM
well she kind of did in this movie..i mean she was stuck and had no way of getting out
Huh? What movie were you watching?

tucker
08-08-2006, 10:12 AM
i have the descent on my computer..doesnt she dream of getting out but then only wakeup to realize that she is still stuck in the cave screaming and yelling

edit: i guess mine is the original version..thats pretty lame if they changed it to where she actually gets out

Pagan
08-08-2006, 10:18 AM
i have the descent on my computer..doesnt she dream of getting out but then only wakeup to realize that she is still stuck in the cave screaming and yelling

edit: i guess mine is the original version..thats pretty lame if they changed it to where she actually gets out
Ah...okay I understand now. :wink:

Noodle Arm
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Ah...okay I understand now. :wink:

Pagan, you might have missed it...I just posted the link to the original ending on the previous page :up:

Pagan
08-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Just saw it now. I can't believe they didn't leave the ending that way. Much more powerful.

Prime Time
08-08-2006, 11:32 AM
What is so special about that? I don't get the whole little girl part. Maybe because I didn't pay attention in the beginning because it was so slow.

Pagan
08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
What is so special about that? I don't get the whole little girl part. Maybe because I didn't pay attention in the beginning because it was so slow.
It's her daughter who was killed at the beginning of the movie.