PDA

View Full Version : The Second Coming of Pearl Jam??

Walking25
08-04-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/pearl_jam_the_second_coming

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/1083870610838709slarge-1.jpg

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I'll respond to this since noone else has....PJ rules and although I don't believe they ever really went away, It's nice to have them back in the spotlight again!

NJFINSFAN1
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Since when did Pearl Jam go away?

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
The humorous thing is that now that Pearl Jam wants fame, they just went and released a good but not great album, right after releasing one of the best of their career ("Riot Act").

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Since when did Pearl Jam go away?

Exactly!!!!

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
The humorous thing is that now that Pearl Jam wants fame, they just went and released a good but not great album, right after releasing one of the best of their career ("Riot Act").

I love Riot Act, but I still say Vs. is the best in my personal opinion although most would choose TEN (also great!!!)

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM

Oh sorry, you said ONE of the best....I thought you said best....ok, then... I can agree with that!!!

Dolfan984
08-07-2006, 06:57 PM
The band is awesome

the singer, not so much.

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 07:01 PM
The band is awesome

the singer, not so much.

The band IS awesome....but come on Eddie is too...look at the influence he's had over singers since PJ came out!!!

tucker
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
they are the wutang of rock...one great album and the rest are just mediocre

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM

:lol:I like the wu-tang comparison but VS. is great and Vitalogy is too!!!

Dolfan984
08-07-2006, 07:23 PM
The band IS awesome....but come on Eddie is too...look at the influence he's had over singers since PJ came out!!!

Eh the lyrics aren't bad, but it's just how he sings. I know he came first but I always think Creed and it ruins it totally.

unifiedtheory
08-07-2006, 07:27 PM

Which great album are you talking about?

Ten?

Vs.?

Vitalogy?

Riot Act?

Be more specific because they are all great, in my opinion, in there own way.

I think Riot Act was one of the most underrated records released in years. It is a great record.

unifiedtheory
08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Eh the lyrics aren't bad, but it's just how he sings. I know he came first but I always think Creed and it ruins it totally.

You can't compare Scott Stapp to Eddie. Stapp was a thief, a bunko artist and a hypocrite. Creed isn't a real band. They could not have been more manufactured if they tried.

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
You can't compare Scott Stapp to Eddie. Stapp was a thief, a bunko artist and a hypocrite. Creed isn't a real band. They could not have been more manufactured if they tried.:yeahthat:

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM

Ten?

Vs.?

Vitalogy?

Riot Act?

I think Riot Act was one of the most underrated records released in years. It is a great record.

:yeahthat: I could not agree with you more Unified!!!

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 08:30 PM

I don't really agree. Pearl Jam's other albums, while not exactly "underground", were not as streamlined and easily accessible as Ten. Ten was really more or less what mainstream Seattle was putting out at the time, albeit it's a terrific album.

Vs. is awesome in my opinion, and Vitalogy is raw and rocking. The only ones I'm not real big on are Yield and Binaural to be honest.

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM

Ten?

Vs.?

Vitalogy?

Riot Act?

Well said.

And Riot Act, well...really surprised me. It was a step above what they'd been doing.

I felt like the songwriting was sharper, there were more layers....Eddie wasn't yelling so much either, which was weird (I like his yelling but it fit what he did here).

That's why the latest album is so disappointing to me. I felt like Riot Act was really taking them in the right direction.

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
You can't compare Scott Stapp to Eddie. Stapp was a thief, a bunko artist and a hypocrite. Creed isn't a real band. They could not have been more manufactured if they tried.

Funny story about Scott Stapp, whom is an enormous egomaniac and a tool.

I was a sadsack loner in 1999...literally, a pathetic human being. Wasn't handling my move to college well, so I often scoured the old Yahoo Celebrity Chats (do they even DO those anymore) so I could ask celebrities ******ed questions. Of course half the time they never made it through, but it was fun.

So one day Creed is there, and I'm like ok whatever. About 7 of my questions made it through, but I'll never forget one of them. You can still find links to websites which show my quote too...it was also being streamed.

I asked Scott Stapp "What do you think of your comparisons to Eddie Vedder". I expected a respectable response. Instead, his response was literally "I kick his ***." and he complained how he sounded different on EVERY album. The wording that made it to the final transcript of the chat was "I kick his *** completely.", but I heard him say it out loud in the streaming portion of the chat, and after he said that, I lost whatever respect I ever may have had for that dick.

Here's one of the links:

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/printthread.php?t=1569

If you do the search for Slayer on the second try you'll find me, and his response.

tucker
08-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Ten?
Ten was there only GREAT album everything else is back wash compared to that abulm and even Pearl Jam knows it..the comparison fits perfect, b/c only die hard pearl jam fans will really appreciate all their albums the same way wu tang fans will always like their albums

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
10 was there only GREAT album everything else is back wash compared to that abulm and even Pearl Jam knows it

Not even close. Ten was a very streamlined Seattle alternative rock album with large, memorable choruses, and some nice instrumental passages.

Versus was a rawer form of the same formula, with the classics Rearviewmirror, Go, Elderly Woman, Animal, and Glorified G.

Vitalogy was an even rawer rock and roll album and is truly unappreciated. Last Exit, Not For You, Spin the Black Circle, Nothingman, Betterman, Tremor Christ...man, what's not to like on that album.

No Code I own but haven't played much, dont' remember too much about it but I liked it. Yield was pretty boring other than Brain of J, Binaural had its moments, and Riot Act had literally only 2 dud tunes.

Walking25
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
no code is my fav Pearl Jam CD

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Funny story about Scott Stapp, whom is an enormous egomaniac and a tool.

I was a sadsack loner in 1999...literally, a pathetic human being. Wasn't handling my move to college well, so I often scoured the old Yahoo Celebrity Chats (do they even DO those anymore) so I could ask celebrities ******ed questions. Of course half the time they never made it through, but it was fun.

So one day Creed is there, and I'm like ok whatever. About 7 of my questions made it through, but I'll never forget one of them. You can still find links to websites which show my quote too...it was also being streamed.

I asked Scott Stapp "What do you think of your comparisons to Eddie Vedder". I expected a respectable response. Instead, his response was literally "I kick his ***." and he complained how he sounded different on EVERY album. The wording that made it to the final transcript of the chat was "I kick his *** completely.", but I heard him say it out loud in the streaming portion of the chat, and after he said that, I lost whatever respect I ever may have had for that dick.

Here's one of the links:

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/printthread.php?t=1569

If you do the search for Slayer on the second try you'll find me, and his response.

Scott Stapp...what a douche bag!!!!!!!

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Ten was there only GREAT album everything else is back wash compared to that abulm and even Pearl Jam knows it..the comparison fits perfect, b/c only die hard pearl jam fans will really appreciate all their albums the same way wu tang fans will always like their albums

Ten is a hard rock classic!!! But Vs. had a better sound I thought...they way it was recorded....sounded like it was live...more raw....They both have a great sound and both have great songs, but I would say maybe Ten is slightly better in the song dept. and Vs. is better in the sound and recording dept. Vitalogy isn't a perfect album like the first too, but still a classic No Code is very underated.

unifiedtheory
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Dude...do you know how wrong you are?

They have released 4 great records and continue to sell out every show and be very relevent...

Each PJ record is unique in it's own way...

Ten is great but it had weaknesses.

In fact, in my top 10 Pearl Jam songs two of them (Once and Why Go) are from "Ten". It's not like they released "Ten" and then proceeded to release 10 crappy records after that....

Shula Come Back!
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM

They have released 4 great records and continue to sell out every show and be very relevent...

In fact, in my top 10 Pearl Jam songs two of them (Once and Why Go) are from "Ten". It's not like they released "Ten" and then proceeded to release 10 crappy records after that....

Correct again!!!! Right on brother!!!!!!!!

tucker
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM

In fact, in my top 10 Pearl Jam songs two of them (Once and Why Go) are from "Ten". It's not like they released "Ten" and then proceeded to release 10 crappy records after that....i rest my case

Metal Panda
08-08-2006, 11:12 PM
i rest my case

Thank God you're not a lawyer, then....

d-day
08-08-2006, 11:28 PM
i stopped my pearl jam affair after vs. - this was around the time pearl jam became more eddie vedders band and less stone gossard's - the death of andrew wood was a sad day...

i'll take mother love bone > pearl jam any day of the week...