PDA

View Full Version : Palmer or Mcnabb?

54Fins
08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Who would you rather have and why?

Silverphin
08-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Who would you rather have and why?

Palmer, because he has Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh.

Amars
08-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Palmer because the eagles are turning into a running team.

newbetterbucs05
08-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Palmer because the Eagles don't have many good receivers, and they will be running the ball more this year. Palmer has 2 very good WR's (T.J and Johnson) and he will be passing more than McNabb. Also, Palme is just a better QB

OrlandoFinsFan
08-05-2006, 02:08 PM
:yeahthat:

DolfanGermany
08-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Palmer, because he has Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh.

EXACTLY!

54Fins
08-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I just don't know why all the "experts" have Mcnabb ranked so high.IMHO,i can't justify him being a top 5 qb.

DolfanGermany
08-05-2006, 02:47 PM
I just don't know why all the "experts" have Mcnabb ranked so high.IMHO,i can't justify him being a top 5 qb.

It's the same thing every year with the so called "EXPERTS". They always overrate and underrate several players. You gotta make your own opinion.

fish fan 4 life
08-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Palmer hes got better wr's.

Batman13
08-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Palmer's a much better passer, and his 4th WR (whether it's Henry, Washington, or Perry) is close to as good as McNabb's 1st.

Kdawg954
08-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Yea Palmer is IMO easily the better QB and better fantasy pick if he is healthy. The reason why Mcnabb is always ranked so high is because the Eagles every year pass more than any other team in the league. Hell in 04 when Manning and Cpep were doing there thing, he was quietly putting up a 34 TD/8 INT season, and last year before injury he had 16 TD's through 9 games, which was leading the league. Now he just has to prove it was more him than T.O.

Still Palmer, if healthy, is a no brainer pick over Mcnabb, I mean look at the weapons he has. Mcnabb has Reggie Brown, Lewis, Pinkston, Gaffney, I mean wtf? Westbrook is the best thing he has, but he will supposedly be getting more carries, so I definetly am interested and checking the box score on Mcnabb this year, and watching a few Eagles games.

phins4ever23
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
if they are both healthy def. Palmer

but now im going with McNabb bc hes on a mission and i think he will have an awesome year. Palmers injury could haunt the rest of his carrer

Nappy Roots
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
id take McNabb right now personally. I dont see Palmer starting their season opener, and it may take him a few weeks to get back to full strength once he gets back....

Plus dispite the eagles having bad WRs, they pass A LOT. and arent going to be a "running team" at all...dont know why anyone would think that.

TractorTraylor
08-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Palmer because the eagles are turning into a running team.

Is this online humor and I just dont get it? The Eagles are about as far away from a running team as the Utah Jazz.. Regardless, I'd take Palmer over McNabb by a small margin since he has so many weapons that he doesnt need to be 100% to put up killer numbers..

SwampDawg
08-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Yea Palmer is IMO easily the better QB and better fantasy pick if he is healthy. The reason why Mcnabb is always ranked so high is because the Eagles every year pass more than any other team in the league. Hell in 04 when Manning and Cpep were doing there thing, he was quietly putting up a 34 TD/8 INT season, and last year before injury he had 16 TD's through 9 games, which was leading the league. Now he just has to prove it was more him than T.O.

Still Palmer, if healthy, is a no brainer pick over Mcnabb, I mean look at the weapons he has. Mcnabb has Reggie Brown, Lewis, Pinkston, Gaffney, I mean wtf? Westbrook is the best thing he has, but he will supposedly be getting more carries, so I definetly am interested and checking the box score on Mcnabb this year, and watching a few Eagles games.

Been reading your other post Kdawg, you obviously know your fantasy stuff, this is another post I pretty much agree a 100% with.

I'll add one additional thing, the reason you are seeing Palmer rated a little lower by many of the "experts" is the question of his injury. It looks like he will be back healthy, but when many of the fantasy books had to go to press back in the begining of June that wasn't known yet. Watch him in preseason with the limited action he gets, if he is healthy he is the #2 QB behind Manning. As an added note McNabb is actually been going later then expected in many of the mocks I have done (rounds 5 or 6), I think he is good value down that far.

arsenal
08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
mcnabb even before owens when they had ****ty recievers was a great fantasy QB... looking at last years fantasy numbers per game, he was barely below palmer for the games he played...

people sleep on mcnabb because of the recievers, but id be glad to pass on palmer to get a WR or TE in that round and get mcnabb a round later...

Dors156
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
i would say mcnabb but he doesnt have the reciever talent around him that palmer has.so palmer

VINsanity10
08-08-2006, 01:41 PM
you also might wanna take into consideration that McNabb plays the Giants, Redskins and cowboys 2 a year while Palmer plays the Ravens and Browns.

trate121hb
08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
i love palmer and give him the edge but ill say this...mcnabb should have a good yr this yr.....a few yrs ago he had a great yr until he got hurt in week 10...and he had nobody at wr......

speedy1383
08-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Palmer. He has a much better offense around him. More TD oppurtunities. I am a little worried about his knee. I don't think I will draft him this year. I targeted him last year and got him. This year's target is Eli Manning. I feel he is headed for 30 passing TDs this year. He is a third year guy. Just like Palmer was last year.