PDA

View Full Version : Act Or Group You Would Like To See Make A Comeback

dreday
08-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I think this is cool...What music act would you like see make a comeback.?Or get back together?As we all know theres alot of comers and goers in the music industry.For me theres a few I think might have somethin' left...For starters Id like to see Jodeci for R &B and Goodie Mob for rap do something.How about you?

Goodie Mob:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/goodiemobej5-1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jodeci:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/jodecigp2-1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Dolphin1184
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
The REAL Guns N' Roses.

Dolfan984
08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Rage Against the Machine, though I like Audioslave too

Metal Panda
08-05-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd like Rage Against the Machine to reunite if it's four different band members

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
peter gabriel-era genesis!

Ray Finkle
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
The Beatles.

And I know I'll get a lot of crap for this but blink-182.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:23 PM
The Fabulous Thunderbirds with Jimmy Vaughan

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:26 PM
On the rock side, I would say the band Rough Cutt with Paul Shortino on vocals!

Ronnie Bass
08-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Pink Floyd.

It isn't even close for me.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
The REAL Guns N' Roses.It would be nice, But Axle has done way too much damage for that to ever happen. I know never is a long time, but he really screwed the band up.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Pink Floyd.

It isn't even close for me.That would be sweet.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Queensryche would be awesome too.

icephinfan
08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Rage Against The Machine!!!!!!!

Jimmy James
08-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Give me The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I guess if we could reanimate Bonham or Scott, my answer might be different. I'm guessing we should limit this to acts where all performers are still living, though.

That actually puts a kink into Pink Floyd, at least if you want the Barrett era band.

Walking25
08-06-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Give me The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

I guess if we could reanimate Bonham or Scott, my answer might be different. I'm guessing we should limit this to acts where all performers are still living, though.

That actually puts a kink into Pink Floyd, at least if you want the Barrett era band.

Mighty Might Bosstones is a good choice. If we could bring people back from the dead, I'd say Nirvana and Alice in Chains easily.

Stone Temple Pilots and GNR none of this velvet revolver hybrid band. OHH and definitely smashing pumpkins. How can you not bring back the pumpkins, Billy K's voice is just insane.

Hm..Black Sabbath. Tenacious D, Bad Religion, and bring Cliff Burton back from the dead so original Metallica can get back together.

PHINATIC13
08-06-2006, 01:24 AM
The Guess Who - I believe the 1999 Runnig Back Thru Canada Tour was the last time they toured.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Y&T would be huge!

Roman529
08-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Abba,,,,,they turned down $1 billion to make a comeback. :wink:

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Mighty Might Bosstones is a good choice. If we could bring people back from the dead, I'd say Nirvana and Alice in Chains easily.

Stone Temple Pilots and GNR none of this velvet revolver hybrid band. OHH and definitely smashing pumpkins. How can you not bring back the pumpkins, Billy K's voice is just insane.

Hm..Black Sabbath. Tenacious D, Bad Religion, and bring Cliff Burton back from the dead so original Metallica can get back together.

Now that's an idea.

But are you saying this because you don't like the previous 3 albums? Because (with the exeption of St. Anger) they would have happen anyway. Angry Metallica fans always say **** like "Burton is turning his grave" and "Burton would never have let this happen" but don't they remember that he studied and enjoyed all types of music and was extremely creative.

I still wish I could listen to what Burton would have brought to the table on ...And Justice For All.

RiderOnTheStorm
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM
So many possibilities !!

To start with I would love too see Rage Against The Machine (again) and Earth Crisis. It would be nice if someone could bring Axl Rose back out of his own *** and get him to reunite with the 'real' G'N'R crew.

If we could get bring the dead back to life, then I would like to see Nirvana, Alice In Chains, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, a Keith Moon inspired The Who and and Led Zeppelin with John Bonham on drums.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-06-2006, 10:42 AM
So many possibilities !!

To start with I would love too see Rage Against The Machine (again) and Earth Crisis. It would be nice if someone could bring Axl Rose back out of his own *** and get him to reunite with the 'real' G'N'R crew.

If we could get bring the dead back to life, then I would like to see Nirvana, Alice In Chains, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, a Keith Moon inspired The Who and and Led Zeppelin with John Bonham on drums.If you doing that, then of course it would be out of this world to Bring Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Jimi Hendrix back.

ganooch
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM
guns n roses

genesis

black crowes (are they still together or did the Robinson brothers kill one another?)

Led Zeppelin can't happen

Metal Panda
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Uh, you do realize Bad Religion haven't broken up, and have been recording (and playing shows with) Mr. Brett Gurewitz again since 2002, right? Sure, the don't have their original drummer and bass player anymore, but they changed bass players/drummers early in their career as well, in the 80s. The driving force (Graffin/Gurewitz/Hetson) is still intact.

and Billy Corgan sounds like a dying pig, fwiw :)

Metal Panda
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
peter gabriel-era genesis!

That one is more a longshot due to the fact that I doubt you could tell Phil Collins to shut his mouth and just play the drums anymore...or the fact that Hackett probably wouldn't come back.

But it'd be pretty awesome. :)

Metal Panda
08-06-2006, 11:55 AM
genesis

as long as we're not talking INvisible Touch era, and Phil doesn't get to sing, I'm with you.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 12:08 PM
and bring Cliff Burton back from the dead so original Metallica can get back together.
the ORIGINAL metallica, or the kill em all metallica?

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
But are you saying this because you don't like the previous 3 albums? Because (with the exeption of St. Anger) they would have happen anyway. Angry Metallica fans always say **** like "Burton is turning his grave" and "Burton would never have let this happen" but don't they remember that he studied and enjoyed all types of music and was extremely creative.

I still wish I could listen to what Burton would have brought to the table on ...And Justice For All.

I enjoyed the previous three albums, it's just Cliff Burton was an insane bass player. Much better than James Newsted.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
metallica was never about the bass anyway. burton and newstead, for the most part, just shadowed hetfield's rhythm.

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Uh, you do realize Bad Religion haven't broken up, and have been recording (and playing shows with) Mr. Brett Gurewitz again since 2002, right? Sure, the don't have their original drummer and bass player anymore, but they changed bass players/drummers early in their career as well, in the 80s. The driving force (Graffin/Gurewitz/Hetson) is still intact.

and Billy Corgan sounds like a dying pig, fwiw :)

I didn't know Bad Religion were still together. I knew social distortion had come back with new members, but I thought BR had finished along time ago.

And as for Billy Corgan, I think the dying pig voice is cool:lol: . It's part of what made the smashing pumpkins.

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:21 PM
metallica was never about the bass anyway. burton and newstead, for the most part, just shadowed hetfield's rhythm.

Still, Burton was the much better bassist. There was a great video, that I'll see if I can find.

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:24 PM
the ORIGINAL metallica, or the kill em all metallica?

I assume by the ORGINAL, you're referring to Metallica before they kicked Dave Mustaine out of the band for behavior detrimental to the band? If so then after that point.

On a side note, how f'd up do you have to be to get kicked out by of a band like Metallica for behavior.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 12:26 PM
i only mentioned the "original" metallica because cliff burton wasn't the original bassist. ;)

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:27 PM
i only mentioned the "original" metallica because cliff burton wasn't the original bassist. ;)

So was I correct, or is there a third variation of Metallica that I can't remember.

Here's a Metallica playing "For Whom The Bell Tolls" with a Cliff Burton intro solo. I think it shows how great he was.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=600780502229316521&q=Metallica

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Still, Burton was the much better bassist. There was a great video, that I'll see if I can find.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j1Y04V9ZOhI
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=j1Y04V9ZOhI)

Dolphin1184
08-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Yeah! Bring back Ron McGoverny!!! :D

Rocky Raccoon
08-06-2006, 12:32 PM
this is easy...Pink Floyd.

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah! Bring back Ron McGoverny!!! :D

I don't think he was really anything special.

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
So was I correct, or is there a third variation of Metallica that I can't remember.
Hetfield / Ulrich / McGovney / Mustaine
Hetfield / Ulrich / Burton / Hammett
Hetfield / Ulrich / Newstead / Hammett
Hetfield / Ulrich / Trujillo / Hammett

Edit: I wonder how Metallica would have turned out if they let Les Claypool join the band when he tried out in 86...

Edit2: If you really want to be technical... I believe in the begining when it was just Hetfield and Ulrich, Hetfield handled bass duties also.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 12:38 PM
claypool is certainly more technically talented than any other bassist that has played with metallica, but he's not a metal guy at all. and he doesn't just play standard rhythm, he's all over the place. would've worked on load or reload maybe....

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Hetfield / Ulrich / McGovney / Mustaine
Hetfield / Ulrich / Burton / Hammett
Hetfield / Ulrich / Newstead / Hammett
Hetfield / Ulrich / Trujillo / Hammett

Yea I new about Mustaine, but not McGovney at all. To me the original Metallica is Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett. Although I guess they're only quasi-original.

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Yea I new about Mustaine, but not McGovney at all. To me the original Metallica is Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett. Although I guess they're only quasi-original.
Eh, I consider the lineup with Hammett and Burton the original Metallica since they were the only ones to appear on any releases other than No Life 'Til Leather and the Metal Massacre compilation (Mustaine & Ronnie).

Edit: To me, the best lineup possible would have been Hetfield/Ulrich/Mustaine/Burton, because even though I'm a diehard Metallica fan, Mustaine is much more talented and serious than Hammett.

Dolphin1184
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I do think Robert Trujillo is a pretty good bassist.

Slaytallica
08-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I do think Robert Trujillo is a pretty good bassist.
Yeah, he's probably better than Burton when it comes to actual playing talent, but Burton brought more to the table.

retired opfinistic
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Queensryche would be awesome too.Mindcrime 2 is out!

Fin Fan in Cali
08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Mindcrime 2 is out!Yeah but I heard it's not all that, and Chris Degarmo didn't do any of the writing.:wink:

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Eh, I consider the lineup with Hammett and Burton the original Metallica since they were the only ones to appear on any releases other than No Life 'Til Leather and the Metal Massacre compilation (Mustaine & Ronnie).

Edit: To me, the best lineup possible would have been Hetfield/Ulrich/Mustaine/Burton, because even though I'm a diehard Metallica fan, Mustaine is much more talented and serious than Hammett.

Mustaine is definitely a very good guitarist. I admire his work with Megadeth, and his solos are mind numbing sometimes.

Metal Panda
08-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Mustaine is definitely a very good guitarist. I admire his work with Megadeth, and his solos are mind numbing sometimes.

Mustaine's a good guitarist, but Megadeth hasn't done anything noteworthy in years. Even The System Has Failed was very "blah".

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Mustaine's a good guitarist, but Megadeth hasn't done anything noteworthy in years. Even The System Has Failed was very "blah".

Well considering Mustaine wasn't supposed to play guitar ever again, I think it's noteworthy.

JSwerdy
08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
pink floyd

id be rather perturbed id PHISH got back together, i was at Coventry (their last festival/concert) and there was so much emotion there that it would annoy me if they got back together basically making everything from that concert a lie

King Nate
08-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't believe nobody said The Spice Girls. :rolleyes2

305TillIDie
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Hotboys is a rap group i would like to see come back

the sad thing is that this will never happen again :nono:

unifiedtheory
08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I bought "System has Failed" and thought it was "blah" as well, although "The Scorpion" was a pretty cool song in my opinion.

I'd like to see "Countdown to Extinction" era Megadeth back together but Mustaine is too much of an egomaniac.

I'd love to see Chris DeGarmo get back together with Queensryche. They are a shell of what they were when he was the primary writer.

I'd FREAK if Faith No More (Angel Dust/King for a Day era) got back together....never happen though.

Soundgarden would be sweet as well.

FinSinceBirth
08-06-2006, 05:07 PM
I'd like to see "Countdown to Extinction" era Megadeth back together but Mustaine is too much of an egomaniac.

I'd love to see Chris DeGarmo get back together with Queensryche. They are a shell of what they were when he was the primary writer.

I'd FREAK if Faith No More (Angel Dust/King for a Day era) got back together....never happen though.

Soundgarden would be sweet as well.

Countdown to Extinction was my favorite album by far.

I can't believe I forgot about Faith No More and Soundgarden. Temple of the Dog was another good band. Some probably don't think they were anything special, but they were good.

Ronnie Bass
08-06-2006, 05:22 PM
That would be sweet.:wink:

If they came back they would sellout football stadiums many times over across the world, if the Boss can sell out Giants Stadium for 10 concerts in a row, I betcha Floyd could do five, they are that big and the thing about them is that their music stretches over generations, young or old, there are plenty of fans and they continue to make new fans with the younger crowd.

Fresh
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Hot Boy$ - Weezy, B.G., Juvenile, & Turk

P.S. FREE TURK! :boohoo:

A&O
08-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Stone Temple Pilots

54Fins
08-06-2006, 06:17 PM
It used to be the Beatles. Know it has to be The Police.

Metal Panda
08-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Well considering Mustaine wasn't supposed to play guitar ever again, I think it's noteworthy.

and boy, did he ever use those reports to his advantage :shakeno:

d-day
08-07-2006, 02:43 AM
1 band for me...

d-day
08-07-2006, 02:43 AM
the bay city rollers

unifiedtheory
08-07-2006, 02:49 AM
the bay city rollers

LOL...I love how you used the last post to basically introduce this post at the top of the page....

Not only is DDay THE post whore....he is also the master of doing it...:tongue::wink::lol:

d-day
08-07-2006, 02:51 AM
LOL...I love how you used the last post to basically introduce this post at the top of the page....

Not only is DDay THE post whore....he is also the master of doing it...:tongue::wink::lol:

:lol:

:hi5:

Quelonio
08-07-2006, 03:02 AM
THe Clash... Oh would I love to have seen the Clash

DonShula84
08-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Pink Floyd and Queen

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Starland Vocal Band

d-day
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Starland Vocal Band

:lol: - i was serious about my pick

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
:lol: - i was serious about my pick

Who said I wasn't!

alright alright, here's my SERIOUS pick now...

Johnny Hates Jazz.

d-day
08-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Who said I wasn't!

alright alright, here's my SERIOUS pick now...

Johnny Hates Jazz.

i mean come on, who didn't want to be a bay city roller? these guys ****ed everything that walked... :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/fgwallbcr-1.jpg

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I disagree. The Bay City Rollers were insensitive mongrels!

For one, Saturday Night clearly was a dig at stuttering children. "S-s-s-saturday night"? Each time that song played, it drove little Timmy closer and closer to the razors.

And was it really necessary to SPELL Saturday? A clear insult to illiterate children everywhere!

d-day
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I disagree. The Bay City Rollers were insensitive mongrels!

For one, Saturday Night clearly was a dig at stuttering children. "S-s-s-saturday night"? Each time that song played, it drove little Timmy closer and closer to the razors.

And was it really necessary to SPELL Saturday? A clear insult to illiterate children everywhere!

robfins, always playing the pessimism roll :lol: - i would never have been able to spell that word if it wasn't for that song... it is thursday, friday, ssssaturday correct?

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
robfins, always playing the pessimism roll :lol: - i would never have been able to spell that word if it wasn't for that song... it is thursday, friday, ssssaturday correct?

Ssssseeee?

d-day=

d-day
08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Ssssseeee?

d-day=

http://www.kitanet.ne.jp/~eit/imgs/sheep.jpg

damn i look good - i hope lappy doesn't see this...

In_Flames
08-07-2006, 11:05 AM
MENUDO

.....ok, seriously now...The band DEATH with this lineup: Schuldiner(R.I.P)/LaRocquer/DiGiorgio/Hoglan (if it were only possible :( )

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.mwc04.com/img/menudo_biopic.jpg
MENUDO

.....ok, seriously now...The band DEATH with this lineup: Schuldiner(R.I.P)/LaRocquer/DiGiorgio/Hoglan (if it were only possible :( )

Tr00 dat. That was the ITP lineup right?

Andy LaRocque sure did play for a lot of amazing bands...including King Diamond!

DrAstroZoom
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Queen *is* still playing together, although I wish Robbie Williams would have joined them full time as frontman. That could have brought them back to prominence.

I agree with Floyd, Genesis and The Police.

JSwerdy
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifThe Folksmen

JSwerdy
08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
or The New Main Street Singers

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
This thread made me think about this, although I'd never want to see them make a comeback.....

Whatever happened to Hanson?

In_Flames
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Tr00 dat. That was the ITP lineup right?

Andy LaRocque sure did play for a lot of amazing bands...including King Diamond!

Yes it was, and yes he did....:wink:

dQbell
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Van Halen

dreday
08-08-2006, 11:59 AM
The Jacksons Please just one last time!!:lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/jacksonsoz0-1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)