PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help

UCFinfan86
08-06-2006, 12:54 AM
I recently DLed the Nero 7 Demo, and i want to get rid of it for 2 reasons, one i just trying to get more room and because it set it as the default player whenever i play music and videos instead of Windows media player. When i go to Add/Remove hardware and go to the nero 7 and click remove it goes to a popup that says gathering information to remove nero and it goes through and then it says fatal error in installation. I can't figure out a way to delete it from my computer. Also if no one knows how to delete it, does anyone how i can atelast get Windows Media Player as my default player?? thanks in advance

JuanchoColombia
08-06-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't know how to remove it, but to change the default player right click on any music file, select properties, there is an "opens with" option, click change and select the windows media player.

note: You have to do this with all the file types (mp3, wav, wma) and with the images do it too. hope it helps:wink:

TJamesW_phinfan
08-06-2006, 09:31 AM
I recently DLed the Nero 7 Demo, and i want to get rid of it for 2 reasons, one i just trying to get more room and because it set it as the default player whenever i play music and videos instead of Windows media player. When i go to Add/Remove hardware and go to the nero 7 and click remove it goes to a popup that says gathering information to remove nero and it goes through and then it says fatal error in installation. I can't figure out a way to delete it from my computer. Also if no one knows how to delete it, does anyone how i can atelast get Windows Media Player as my default player?? thanks in advance

That can be a pain if the uninstall is crashing, I assume you mean your are using add or remove programs. Try the nero program folder on your start menu to see if an uninstall option is listed there. If that doesnt work check Neros site they have utilities (link below) that will clean Nero from your system. Though I am not sure it will work with 7 but it is worth a shot.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/eng/General_Clean_Tool.html

Another option for setting defaults in WMP, go to tools then options choose the file type tab and select the file types you want the player to be the default for then click apply.

Good luck with it. :)

UCFinfan86
08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't know how to remove it, but to change the default player right click on any music file, select properties, there is an "opens with" option, click change and select the windows media player.

note: You have to do this with all the file types (mp3, wav, wma) and with the images do it too. hope it helps:wink:

thanks

UCFinfan86
08-06-2006, 12:23 PM
That can be a pain if the uninstall is crashing, I assume you mean your are using add or remove programs. Try the nero program folder on your start menu to see if an uninstall option is listed there. If that doesnt work check Neros site they have utilities (link below) that will clean Nero from your system. Though I am not sure it will work with 7 but it is worth a shot.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/eng/General_Clean_Tool.html

Another option for setting defaults in WMP, go to tools then options choose the file type tab and select the file types you want the player to be the default for then click apply.

Good luck with it. :)

thansk for the link, but it didn't work

TJamesW_phinfan
08-06-2006, 03:59 PM
thansk for the link, but it didn't work

Ouch.

This link is under nero 7 but it looks like the same file.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/General_CleanTool.html

If the clean tool didn't work I am not sure what you can do short of deleting the nero program folders and removing registry instances. I would not recommend messing with your registry unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Serious harm can be done to your OS install.

You can try an email to Nero or their tech support form on their site. Also do a google with a brief description of the problem. Chances are someone has been through it and posted a fix.

UCFinfan86
08-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Ouch.

This link is under nero 7 but it looks like the same file.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/General_CleanTool.html

If the clean tool didn't work I am not sure what you can do short of deleting the nero program folders and removing registry instances. I would not recommend messing with your registry unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Serious harm can be done to your OS install.

You can try an email to Nero or their tech support form on their site. Also do a google with a brief description of the problem. Chances are someone has been through it and posted a fix.

that one worked! thanks a mill

TJamesW_phinfan
08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
:up: