PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Coverage of the NFL

dQbell
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Maybe it's early, but it seems it's going to be horrible. Maybe the best part of it is Al Michaels, but other than that, it gets bead pretty quick. Bob Costas doing football is ugly.

It's the pre-season, but it certainly seems lacking.

Alex44
08-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Only problem I had was that terrible sideline reporting women....she makes me want to vomit, who did she sleep with to get the job? (Whoever she did is an idiot because she is ugly to)

The actual coverage has been pretty good with Madden and Michaels IMO

Jimmy James
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Madden needs to hang it up. He actually just struggled through explaining that Peyton and Eli Manning won't be on the field at the same time.

It's going to be ugly, just like MNF has been the past couple of years.

Flame
08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Madden says stuff that is obvious and gets annoying sometimes.

Fresh
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM
It would've been better if they gave Madden the boot.

Stick to video games, G. Your time as a commentator is well expired.

unifiedtheory
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I actually think it has been pretty good thusfar.

unifiedtheory
08-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Only problem I had was that terrible sideline reporting women....she makes me want to vomit, who did she sleep with to get the job? (Whoever she did is an idiot because she is ugly to)

Yes, because every upwardly modile woman has to sleep with a man to get a better job....

One of the more ignorant comments I've seen around here in awhile.

Fresh
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM

"It's not your beauty, it's your booty!" :hump:
-Mike Epps

Jimmy James
08-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Now Madden is actually trying to suggest that the tiny by comparison old players of his era would stand a chance in today's NFL. I'm sure some of those guys could play, but you couldn't take one of his Raiders teams and even let them play the Niners today without his Raiders getting stomped.

burton87
08-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Bob Costas is a good TV head, but he shouldn't do anything else besides horse racing and the olympics.

Buddwalk
08-06-2006, 11:24 PM
costas and collinsworth are horrible...but the rest is good

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-06-2006, 11:25 PM
i think it's been freaking awesome. i love madden, i love michaels, i love costas, collingsworth is good, i love the bottom bar thing far better than fox's or abc's. it's perfect.

wpgfishfan
08-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I like Collinsworth and Costas

Collinsworth will be the first to rip a guy if he does something stupid

Costas's specialty is baseball but he will still be a good host

Dolphin1184
08-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Too bad they couldn't get back Marv Albert.

Jimmy James
08-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Honestly, there are few decent broadcasters in football any more. I'll take Kenny Albert as my choice for PBP. Color? That's much harder. I'm tempted to say Dierdorf. He's not the idiot he was on MNF, at least.

Fresh
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Too bad they couldn't get back Marv Albert.
Isn't he the panty man?

Dolphin1184
08-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Isn't he the panty man?
He is an awesome announcer. I was watching dolphin clips of the fake call to spike the ball by Marino and realize how awesome he was.

Jimmy James
08-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Yes, he's the guy with the odd sexual fetishes if you believe that old school stuff that kept him from doing some announcing for about a year. As long as he keeps whatever it is between consenting adults behind closed doors, I'd welcome him as an NFL announcer.

Alex44
08-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Yes, because every upwardly modile woman has to sleep with a man to get a better job....

One of the more ignorant comments I've seen around here in awhile.

You missed the point completely

1- She was terrible

2- It was a sarcastic joked aimed at her lack of talent

YM305
08-07-2006, 12:02 AM
its free, who cares.:)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 12:02 AM
andrea kramer is a pro...she's great. she seemed fine tonight.

BE GOOD
08-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, Dierdorf and Enberg and the best NFL team.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I've said it before and i'll say it again, Dierdorf and Enberg and the best NFL team.
actually madden and michaels is.

Jimmy James
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM

Enberg makes too many mistakes, though he sounds good doing it. Of course, if we're going to excuse Madden in this thread, we'd might as well excuse Dick.

FinsNYanksFan13
08-07-2006, 12:23 AM
The best part of the night was Madden talking to Michaels about how the heads in canton speak to eachother at night. It was hysterical because Michaels asked Madden who he would be speaking with tonight and Madden answered as if it really happens and that he was going to talk to Reggie White, Vince Lombardi, and George Halas LMAO!

YM305
08-07-2006, 12:25 AM
The best part of the night was Madden talking to Michaels about how the heads in canton speak to eachother at night. It was hysterical because Michaels asked Madden who he would be speaking with tonight and Madden answered as if it really happens and that he was going to talk to Reggie White, Vince Lombardi, and George Halas LMAO!
:bong2:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 12:26 AM
yeah he discussed the talking busts in his induction speech. i love him. :)

Jimmy James
08-07-2006, 12:27 AM

Madden apparently really thinks it happens according to what he said earlier.

Even there he wasn't internally logical. He said his bust would talk to Reggie's bust about how his wife did such a great job. How would Madden's bust know but Reggie's wouldn't?

It's time for the old man to hang it up before he goes Sumerall on us.

King Felix
08-07-2006, 12:45 AM
madden and michaels are my favorite

dQbell
08-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Marv Albert still does radio along side Boomer Esiason for Monday nights.

I think there a re a lot of "Albert's" out there. I know his brother Al Albert used to do boxing. They are a very good group of commentators.

Dolphin1184
08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I think Marv Albert is better at football than he is in Basketball (TNT). And that is saying alot considering he is a great basketball announcer.

DrAstroZoom
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Andrea Kremer has more reporter cred than any of the bimbos ABC trotted out in recent years. I have to admit still liking the Al and John show, even though Madden is really slipping. I've always liked Costas as a studio anchor, and I'd like Collinsowrth and Sean Salisbury to be thrown in a Burmese tiger trap together.

SkapePhin
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Im looking forward to Tirico and Kornheiser (just wish Theisman wasnt there)

DrAstroZoom
08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Im looking forward to Tirico and Kornheiser (just wish Theisman wasnt there)

I'm in total agreement.

dQbell
08-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Andrea Kremer has more reporter cred than any of the bimbos ABC trotted out in recent years. I have to admit still liking the Al and John show, even though Madden is really slipping. I've always liked Costas as a studio anchor, and I'd like Collinsowrth and Sean Salisbury to be thrown in a Burmese tiger trap together.

I too like Costas as the studio anchor. I noticed last night that there is hope there. Costas has a way of bringing out some interesting things and then allowing others to comment. You could see last night, during the second half, he did that and Madden was thrown off a bit. In the past, Michaels has had similiar problems with Madden. The depth of conversation isn't there.

I believe NBC is adding Shannon Sharpe and Jerome Bettis to the mix.

Rocky Raccoon
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I like all of them, Madden, Michael, Costas, and Collinsworth. The whole show was good IMO. I still think Enberg and Dierdorf are the best team, even if they do make mistakes.

dQbell
08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I like all of them, Madden, Michael, Costas, and Collinsworth. The whole show was good IMO. I still think Enberg and Dierdorf are the best team, even if they do make mistakes.

As a Phin fan, I really can't see how you like Dierdoff. To me, his coverage of the AFC on CBS has been terrible. It's almost like he enjoys negatives when they happen. Just my opinion.

Vertical Limit
08-07-2006, 11:59 PM
I LOVED Madden, Michael, Costas, and Collinsworth. Remember, this was just a preseason game and it's been a while since Madden and Michaels had talked about FOOTBALL.

I think this will be a great broadcasting team.

And I can't wait for Tirico and Kornheiser, Theisman should get the boot. He should have left along with the other stooges.

Dors156
08-08-2006, 09:32 AM

:yeahthat: