PDA

View Full Version : Manager Mode in FIFA 06 Help

Prime Time
08-07-2006, 04:01 AM
I started one with Newcastle not too long ago and am in January. I am in third place of the EPL and yet when I go to make a transfer someone, it seems no matter how big the offer they turn me down...why is this? Help?

Metal Panda
08-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I started one with Newcastle not too long ago and am in January. I am in third place of the EPL and yet when I go to make a transfer someone, it seems no matter how big the offer they turn me down...why is this? Help?

What are the reasons they're giving for turning you down?

I've noticed sometimes, quite stupidly, I'll try to bid on somebody and then it will tell me their team does not have enough players. Which makes me ask WHY DID YOU PUT THEM UP IF THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE. You're up a creek if that is what it says.

If it says your team is not prestigious enough, really the only way is to up the ante of your offer. I had a difficult time signing my first transfer until I increased heavily the transfer fee, but most importantly, the player's per game salary. You might even want to try giving them a percentage (if it's an offensive player, a percentage per goal, defense per clean sheet, etc.)

Sometimes if the player is way out of your league, you just wont' have any luck.

Another good way to get quality talent is to send your scout out and about. in one year I got promoted to Italian Serie A due to two players my scout turned up that turned the club around.

Prime Time
08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
They say they want more sincerity in the offer...BUT I am offering A LOT of money (more then they are asking for). I am doing it for players who aren't up for bids though. I just want to buy them. Still no luck...anyone else that can help?

Prime Time
08-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Anyone? :lol:

HysterikiLL
08-10-2006, 02:21 AM
I dunno man. I've never really had any problems. Sometime I get turned down when I offer for really expensive players, even if I'm offering like 600 a game, but that's way too high to afford anyway.

I am currently playing a dynasty with Man U. and bought players like Fabregas and Sergio Ramos and Torres who were all bargains.

MARINO1384
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
who are you bidding on? like i play with As Roma and my team is stacked and i've won Serie A for like 3 straight years yet still C. Ronaldo and Buffon still reject my offers no matter how much i offer. To get the big name players you have to be a team like Man U,Barca,Juve or Real Madrid and sometimes that doesn't even matter if they are a superstar with thier own club and have high morale