PDA

View Full Version : Nude dance show is what market will bare

BAMAPHIN 22
08-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Not every idea has to be smart to make it on TV. Sometimes stupid works, too.

At the end of busy days in his New York production office, Tad Low will sometimes crank the music loud for his staff to take a dance break. One day someone observed, "How hilarious would this be if we did this in the nude?"

From that offhand remark came "Pants-Off Dance-Off," which has quickly become the Fuse network's most popular series ever. No more complicated than its title, the competition features people dancing in front of a screen playing their favorite music video, while slowly shedding clothes.

"Why hasn't anybody put naked people and rock music together on television before?" said Low, who created the "Pop-Up Videos" series for VH1. "It seems so obvious, like peanut butter and jelly."

Five dancers are featured in each show, from Tuesday through Friday at 10 p.m., and viewers vote online for each night's favorite. Those choices then compete in Saturday's "dance-off." The series is in repeats now until the second season starts September 26.

Once Low came up with the idea, he persuaded his girlfriend's friend to dance in front of a screen in his office so he could film a pilot episode.

"I was thinking, 'What is happening here? What has gone on with my life that I'm sitting here behind a camera directing a woman to remove her clothes?' But when I put it together in the edit room, it was one of those moments where you say, 'This is so funny and mesmerizing.' "

Don't expect models or strip club refugees. Low purposely sought ordinary folks, men and women, as a way of striking out against airbrushed culture. The models have included a 58-year-old retired male teacher and a woman dressed in a clown suit.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/07/apontv.pantsoff.dance.ap/index.html

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 05:24 PM
The show is rather crappy, I don't understand why people like it. You get down to the boxers or bra and panties for the girls and as soon as they get removed, this screen comes up and tells you to go online to check out all the action. You go online, and the site says "see what they can't show on tv, everything down to the last pixel". But On the website, they use blurs when the dancers get naked.

In realitiy nothing is ever shown, so what's the point of getting naked? It should be called pants-sorta off dance off.

Edit: This show is proof as to how Fuse has become as bad as MTV. The channel used to be great when it focused soley on the music. It made it different from the other sations, and that's what made the fanbase grow. Now it's gone to all this ****ty programming. :shakeno:

Prime Time
08-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Never heard of this. Whats fuse?

Motion
08-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Never heard of this. Whats fuse?

Music TV Network on DirecTV