PDA

View Full Version : The first 'Hitman'

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 05:42 PM
I have never played hitman before, but I'm interested in getting it used at EB games for 9.99. However, before I buy the game I would like your opinions.

Have you played the game? Did you like it? Do you know someone who played it? What did they think?

UltraDol-Fan
08-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I've only played the new one on 360, it was okay. My buddy has played them all and it is one of his favorite series.

mor911
08-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I loved Hitman and Hitman 2. This new one for 360 was a bit of a disappointment imo. But there are a bunch of Hitman fans on this board (judging by quite a few Hitman avys I see). So hopefully some of 'em will chime in with pros and cons.

What platform you gettin it for?

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
What platform you gettin it for?

Ps2

Caps
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I have never played hitman before, but I'm interested in getting it used at EB games for 9.99. However, before I buy the game I would like your opinions.

Have you played the game? Did you like it? Do you know someone who played it? What did they think?

Do you mean Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, or the old school Hitman: Codename 47 for PC?

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Do you mean Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, or the old school Hitman: Codename 47 for PC?

The old school. It was out on ps2 I believe.

Bruzer
08-07-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/hitmancodename47/index.html?q=hitman
According to gamespot it is pc only. Although I may be wrong but I don't remember it offered for ps2.

Perfect23
08-07-2006, 08:37 PM
It was agreat game but I think it is only for PC

Caps
08-07-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/hitmancodename47/index.html?q=hitman
According to gamespot it is pc only. Although I may be wrong but I don't remember it offered for ps2.

I'm 100% sure it's only on pc.

FinSinceBirth
08-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh, ok. Well was it good? Which was the one that made it's way onto ps2?

Perfect23
08-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh, ok. Well was it good? Which was the one that made it's way onto ps2?

hit man 2 hitman contracts and hitman bloodmoney

FinSinceBirth
08-08-2006, 12:04 AM
hit man 2 hitman contracts and hitman bloodmoney

Ahh....I thought contracts was the first. Did people think contracts lived up to it's predecessor?

Phinz420
08-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Ahh....I thought contracts was the first. Did people think contracts lived up to it's predecessor?

Most of the fans who played the first didnt like Contracts. Since it cheesed them out on new content and even reused its own level over again.

Aside from that, I enjoyed Contracts. I started with Silent Assassin long ago for the PS2 and have since played Contracts and Blood Money on the PC.

For any newcomers to the Hitman series, I really do not recommend playing it with the standard "Blast Em All" technique. Sure you can go through the game doing it like that but it is alot more fun to play it as stealthy as possible. Especially in Blood Money where they implimented the "Accidental Death" system.(Killing a rock singer with her own Pyro show was awsome:lol:)

Amars
08-08-2006, 02:50 AM
Hitman was great on ps2. I enjoyed it.

Bruzer
08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Hitman was the original I loved it personally. Silent Assassin once agian I loved it one of thier better games. Contracts was ok in my opinion becuase I remembered some of the missions from original and such and made it easy. Blood Money I loved personally my favorite just for the fact so much you can do and approach a mission.

FinSinceBirth
08-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Most of the fans who played the first didnt like Contracts. Since it cheesed them out on new content and even reused its own level over again.

Aside from that, I enjoyed Contracts. I started with Silent Assassin long ago for the PS2 and have since played Contracts and Blood Money on the PC.

For any newcomers to the Hitman series, I really do not recommend playing it with the standard "Blast Em All" technique. Sure you can go through the game doing it like that but it is alot more fun to play it as stealthy as possible. Especially in Blood Money where they implimented the "Accidental Death" system.(Killing a rock singer with her own Pyro show was awsome:lol:)

So there's Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money? I guess it's Silent Assassin that I want then, because I'd like to start from the beginning and work my way through.

Phinz420
08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
So there's Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money? I guess it's Silent Assassin that I want then, because I'd like to start from the beginning and work my way through.

The origional Hitman : Codename 47 was only released for the PC. The first Hitman to be released on the ps2 was Silent Assassin.

Contracts was next and was their first attempt at a "Flash Back" story, and it also contains a couple remade missions from "Codename 47". Blood Money was the next to be released and it is also done in a "Flash Back" scenario. Because of the flash backs it doesnt really make the story that important to follow in order, as these flash backs are still new content.

fish fan 4 life
08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I have a ps2 and its 1 of the better games out there IMO.Ive beat all of the hitman games and have nothing bad to say about them.The 3rd game was alittle short but was a great game none the less.

Phinz420
08-09-2006, 04:04 PM
I have a ps2 and its 1 of the better games out there IMO.Ive beat all of the hitman games and have nothing bad to say about them.The 3rd game was alittle short but was a great game none the less.
I agree. Blood Money was kinda short, but very sweet. Arguably the best final game sequence ever made.

The good news for us Hitman junkies craving more though, is that they are making a Hitman movie. It is being directed by the guy who made Swordfish, so its not a guranteed hit- thats for sure. 47 is being played by Vin Diesel and it is due out somtime in 2007.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465494/

TheMageGandalf
08-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Especially in Blood Money where they implimented the "Accidental Death" system.(Killing a rock singer with her own Pyro show was awsome:lol:)

Really? Theres a way to do that. I'll play that level again then.

I just made sure no one was looking, waiting until the fireworks were blazing, then took out my silverballer with silencer, and shot her from the stairs on the other side.

TheMageGandalf
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
It is being directed by the guy who made Swordfish,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465494/

:barf:

TheMageGandalf
08-10-2006, 02:57 PM

Never played the first one but the ones on the consoles yes, and they are all awesome IMO.

Phinz420
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Really? Theres a way to do that. I'll play that level again then.

I just made sure no one was looking, waiting until the fireworks were blazing, then took out my silverballer with silencer, and shot her from the stairs on the other side.

Yeah, if you look near the doors that lead out to her stage there is this big machine/computer. If you do that before she hits the stage you get a nice little scene of the "malfunction".

Other great "accidents" were using the grill in the "A New Life" mission and in another one you can drop weights on a guy while hes working out. They were much more creative adding this stuff in, and I have to admit it is somthing I really miss when I go back and play the older hitman games.

TheMageGandalf
08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, if you look near the doors that lead out to her stage there is this big machine/computer. If you do that before she hits the stage you get a nice little scene of the "malfunction".

Other great "accidents" were using the grill in the "A New Life" mission and in another one you can drop weights on a guy while hes working out. They were much more creative adding this stuff in, and I have to admit it is somthing I really miss when I go back and play the older hitman games.

Cool, I have to try those out. I tried the weights but the fool kept noticing me for some reason and getting pissed at me so I had to back off before he'd go running for security.

I'll try that level again too.