08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
My current roster right now one day after my draft (10 man) is

QB- Matt Hasselbeck
RB- Edgerrin James, Domanick Davis
WR- Torry Holt, Andre Johnson, Deion Branch
TE- Todd Heap
K- John Kasay
Def. - Pittsburgh Steelers

BN- Kurt Warner, Warrick Dunn, Fred Taylor, Lee Evans, Marcus Pollard, Miami Dolphins

I feel it's a little weak at #2 RB although my depth is capable. I picked Dunn more for a trade regardless because he has the same bye week as Domanick Davis. Worst comes to worst I'll start Fred Taylor at home against the Jets.

Any tips guys?

TractorTraylor
08-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Keep an eye on a few things..
1. Fred Taylor's Injury
2. Mike Bell's Situation in Denver
3. Chris Brown's possible trade (especially if to the jets)

These situations could turn the momentum in some FF leagues..

IMO, your 2nd RB is solid since you got Davis and Dunn(especially if you get extra points for receptions).. since theres a good chance Taylor will miss lots of time Id try to trade him for something if possible but some possible sleepers picks are..
- Marion Barber
- Frank Gore
- Greg Jones

Top backup RBs incase of big injuries..
- Chris Perry
- Michael Turner
- Ryan Moats
- Ladell Betts

I suggest trying some trades with Taylor if you can, if not, just be aware. If some big RB goes down with an injury, br ready to pounce..

Hope that helps..

Jaj
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
1. Fred Taylor's Injury

IMO, your 2nd RB is solid since you got Davis and Dunn(especially if you get extra points for receptions).. since theres a good chance Taylor will miss lots of time Id try to trade him for something if possible but some possible sleepers picks are..
- Marion Barber
- Frank Gore
- Greg Jones

- Chris Perry
- Michael Turner
- Ryan Moats
- Ladell Betts

I suggest trying some trades with Taylor if you can, if not, just be aware. If some big RB goes down with an injury, br ready to pounce..

Hope that helps..

Thanks it did. The good thing about Taylor is that I was able to pick him up after the draft. So if he doesn't work out or isn't the starter by the beginning of the year Braylon Edwards and one of the RBs you suggested will be quickly swooped up by me.

TractorTraylor
08-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Just like every year, there will be injuries. Keep your eyes peeled during preseason and dont waste a good waiver position on someone youll just dump anyways. Edwards would be a nice pick up but dont underestimate Joe Jurevicius either. He will catch some TDs and lotsa balls with young Frye at QB.

Jaj
08-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Just like every year, there will be injuries. Keep your eyes peeled during preseason and dont waste a good waiver position on someone youll just dump anyways. Edwards would be a nice pick up but dont underestimate Joe Jurevicius either. He will catch some TDs and lotsa balls with young Frye at QB.

My hope is that a couple of top tier 2 RBs (Steven Jackson level guys) will struggle in their opening matchups and maybe I can swap my WR depth. Maybe a Domanick Davis+Deion Branch to get a better #2 RB. Then I can get Edwards to be my 4 and Evans my 3.

BDC87
08-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I would Start Dunn at the number 2 spot and try to trade Davis.

Jaj
08-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I would Start Dunn at the number 2 spot and try to trade Davis.

I would except for his schedule. It's brutal...

The best picks I had were Branch and Evans in the 9th and 10th though. Those two snuck under the radar and completed my team.

Frankly it wasn't looking so good after I got a decent pick of Edge at 6 (I picked him over Portis, yes I know it's not orthodox but Edge is the better receiver). Torry Holt was my 2nd pick. It was looking almost as if I'd have a 5-5 team. The Davis pick in the 3rd also gave me that idea. From then on however I got some value that helped in Dunn, Branch, and Evans. Heap also came as a nice deal...

SwampDawg
08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
1. Fred Taylor's Injury

- Marion Barber
- Frank Gore
- Greg Jones

- Chris Perry
- Michael Turner
- Ryan Moats
- Ladell Betts

Hope that helps..

This is solid advice.