PDA

View Full Version : outkast.........breaking up?!?!?

King Felix
08-07-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/Outkast.html (http://www.navig8.to/?http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/Outkast.html)

****EXCLUSIVE****

August 7. For years insiders have been predicting the break up of the famed group Outkast. It now appears that their predictions have finally come true. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that the Atlanta duo has officially decided to part ways.

Over the weekend two Atlanta producers told MediaTakeOut.com that Outkast has decided to call it quits. According to one producer who worked closely with the group, "Andre isn't interested in making hip-hop music anymore, so there really isn't a purpose for Outkast."

And Andre Benjamin's public remarks seem to confirm the producers' account. In a 2003 interview with the New York Times, Benjamin said that he was no longer interested in hip hop, explaining, "I don't feel the music the same way I did when I first got into hip-hop." And last year during an interview with London's The Guardian, Benjamin told a reporter that he was ready to step away from his music career.

Andre's ambivalence about his music career has already cost the duo millions of dollars in touring fees. Outcast fans begged the group for a world tour after its last album sold 10 million records. But the wanna-be-actor refused to go on tour with his partner, Antwon "Big Boi" Patton. Instead of having an Outkast tour, Big Boi was forced to go on tour as one of the opening acts for Usher and Kanye West.

But with rumors of a break up swirling for a couple of years, the question remains - why didn't Outkast break up sooner? One music industry insider claims to have the answer to the question. According to our tipster, Outkast's contract with LaFace records contained a clause granting the group an additional $10M if they were able to complete a seventh album. Their seventh album - Idlewild is scheduled to be released in stores on August 28th.

Developing...

King Nate
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
:boohoo: This is the worst news ever. :boohoo:

BAMAPHIN 22
08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/Outkast.html (http://www.navig8.to/?http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/Outkast.html)

****EXCLUSIVE****

August 7. For years insiders have been predicting the break up of the famed group Outkast. It now appears that their predictions have finally come true. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that the Atlanta duo has officially decided to part ways.

Over the weekend two Atlanta producers told MediaTakeOut.com that Outkast has decided to call it quits. According to one producer who worked closely with the group, "Andre isn't interested in making hip-hop music anymore, so there really isn't a purpose for Outkast."

And Andre Benjamin's public remarks seem to confirm the producers' account. In a 2003 interview with the New York Times, Benjamin said that he was no longer interested in hip hop, explaining, "I don't feel the music the same way I did when I first got into hip-hop." And last year during an interview with London's The Guardian, Benjamin told a reporter that he was ready to step away from his music career.

Andre's ambivalence about his music career has already cost the duo millions of dollars in touring fees. Outcast fans begged the group for a world tour after its last album sold 10 million records. But the wanna-be-actor refused to go on tour with his partner, Antwon "Big Boi" Patton. Instead of having an Outkast tour, Big Boi was forced to go on tour as one of the opening acts for Usher and Kanye West.

But with rumors of a break up swirling for a couple of years, the question remains - why didn't Outkast break up sooner? One music industry insider claims to have the answer to the question. According to our tipster, Outkast's contract with LaFace records contained a clause granting the group an additional $10M if they were able to complete a seventh album. Their seventh album - Idlewild is scheduled to be released in stores on August 28th.

Developing...

"Say it Ain't So!!!" :boohoo:

Dors156
08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
:eek:

King Nate
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
This seriously better be a rumor. OutKast is my favorite and if they break up I might puke my pants.

King Felix
08-07-2006, 10:55 PM
This seriously better be a rumor. OutKast is my favorite and if they break up I might puke my pants.yeah........i dont know how reliable this site is.....

King Nate
08-07-2006, 10:57 PM
yeah........i dont know how reliable this site is.....

I have half a mind to use my journalistic powers to discredit the website myself. :chuckle:

This changes nothing. I still can't wait for the new album/movie.

Fresh
08-07-2006, 11:01 PM
75% chance this is fake.

These websites are just making up rumors because 3000 is more into singing & acting than rapping right about now, but he drops some sick verses on Idlewild. They've got another album dropping at the end of the year too.

HOWEVER, if there is a breakup, then 3000 would be solid & Big Boi would be "decent"

ShaqandWade323
08-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Idlewild is gonna suck and they're gonna break up.

Fresh
08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Obviously, you haven't heard the 5+ tracks to leak thus far...

Hollywood Divorce ft. Wayne & Snoop >>>> __________ (insert random '06 song)

King Nate
08-07-2006, 11:09 PM

Ease off the hatorade. It wouldn't be wise to start bashing OutKast in the midst of so many of their fans.

King Nate
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM

I love the tracks that have come out so far. Idlewild Blues is awesome. I agree that 3000 is set if they do break up. I still really hope they don't though. They talk about staying together in a lot of their songs...if that means anything.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-07-2006, 11:22 PM
i always thought outkast was just one guy.

tucker
08-07-2006, 11:25 PM
they said the same thing last yr..i'll believe when i hear it from the horses mouth

ShaqandWade323
08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Ease off the hatorade. It wouldn't be wise to start bashing OutKast in the midst of so many of their fans.

Heh, fans that jumped on the bandwagon when Speakerboxx/The Love Below came out.

ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik are Outkast classics on which both artists showed love and great chemistry.

3000 just doesn't care about hip hop anymore and Big Boi was never one in carrying the group in rapping. These guys have gone their seperate ways.

dominizzo
08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Mabey Andre Benjamin will resume a acting career!! he did a good job in Four brothers

King Nate
08-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Heh, fans that jumped on the bandwagon when Speakerboxx/The Love Below came out.

ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik are Outkast classics on which both artists showed love and great chemistry.

3000 just doesn't care about hip hop anymore and Big Boi was never one in carrying the group in rapping. These guys have gone their seperate ways.

None of my favorite OutKast songs were on Speakerboxxx/Love Below. Just because I look forward to the new stuff doesn't mean that I don't love the old stuff. It's quite the opposite actually.

You sure bought into the rumors quickly.

xDOLPHINSx
08-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Hope this news isnt true. They have been my favorite group for awhile now. Personallly, I love ATLiens and Aquemini the most. But I have liked what I have heard so far on Idlewild. I also thought I heard that they had another album after Idlewild in the works, I hope so anyway.

tucker
08-08-2006, 07:54 AM
if it is true, andre should feel like **** for doing this to his fans and his best friend since high school..his singing sucks anyways...whats sad is big boi is all over the new album backing up his home boy trying to refute the rumors...he even does it on hollywood divorce

dreday
08-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Not good news for Outkast fans...Sometimes people just burn out on things and want to do something else.One thing tho this info doesnt seem very widespread and the article really doesnt really state anything new.It didnt say they officially broke up.

Nappy Roots
08-08-2006, 11:20 AM
sucks if its true. but theres been writing on the wall for this type of thing.

what else that leaked has been good?

mor911
08-08-2006, 11:29 AM
southernplayalisticmuzik >>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. ever.

tucker
08-08-2006, 12:32 PM
First 3 Outkast Albums> Your favorite Rappers Favorite Rapper

Rocky Raccoon
08-08-2006, 02:01 PM
damn I hope this isn't true, Outkast is by far my favorite hip-hop group. All though if it is true, I would love to see what Andre would bring to the table musically after saying he's done with hip-hop.

305TillIDie
08-08-2006, 02:05 PM
southernplayalisticmuzik >>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. ever.:yeahthat:

that album was sick :eek:

dreday
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Theyre getting ready to premiere that new video "Idlewild Blue" on Trl today.3000 is by himself but man I hope they dont break up!!Hopefully they ask him if theyre breaking up or not.

tucker
08-08-2006, 04:08 PM
ya the video is cool...i just rather hear him rap...its like he's gotten board with rap b/c there are no ther rapper out there to motivate him...but he should take initiative and lead the pack..half of atliens he just freestyled..he gets deep and take pride in what he writes

Fresh
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Who are you referring to? Aside from reggae, I basically grew up listening to Pac, Jay, Nas, Snoop, Meth, & Outkast (in no order) before the new kids took over the game.

Although I look forward to the new stuff, Outkast's first 3 albums are all classics. They are legends and that will live on for ever. When I have a children, I'll put them onto the Kast.

byroan
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Outkast Deny Breakup Rumors: 'Everything Is Still Tight,' Andre 3000 Says

"Yesterday I got a phone call from Big Boi and he said that on some hip-hop Web sites that the headlines were reading something to the effect of, 'It's Official: Outkast Is Broken Up,' or something like that," Andre said. "And man, we're looking at it like, where is this sh-- coming from? I was on 'TRL' today to release a new video, and I meant to say something [about the situation] on the air. But the way they had the questions set up, I didn't have a chance to do it."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1538157/20060809/outkast.jhtml?headlines=true

dreday
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1538157/20060809/outkast.jhtml?headlines=true
I was hoping they would ask about a split.Turns out even he wanted to say something.Looks like theyre staying together judging by what he said in the article.Hopefully this ends all the silly speculation.....Movin' on

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
good deal....just hope Dre actually raps on the upcoming album

Motion
08-09-2006, 12:11 PM
This seriously better be a rumor. OutKast is my favorite and if they break up I might puke my pants.

:confused: How exactly does one do that? :tongue:

d-day
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
:confused: How exactly does one do that? :tongue:

:hmmm: he has his head up his ***?

King Nate
08-09-2006, 03:47 PM
:hmmm: he has his head up his ***?

You of all people should know how one pukes his pants, Chauncey. :club:

dreday
08-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Heard it from 3000 himself on BET...They are not breaking up and he will be rapping on the album.Also they have a surprise for all of us later.:cooldude:

tucker
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
teh suprise better be a real album produced by organized noise!!!!

Fresh
08-09-2006, 08:31 PM
The surprise is probably their other album which is supposed to drop in the 4th quarter of '06.

But yeah, I saw 3000 on 106 too. "I told ya so.."

King Nate
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
:woot:

Amars
08-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Sorry Ms. Jackson OHHHHHHHHHHH Outkast is breaking up.